• AJFerguson
  • AJFerguson's Avatar Topic Author
  • New Marbler
  • New Marbler
  • Thank you received: 0
12 Dec 2016 22:35 - 21 Jul 2017 16:16 #1
Hello MarbleBlasters.

(Short) History on MBI and Myself
Around 5 years ago, I, along with many others, wanted to make a Marble Blast mod and had no idea what I was getting into. I posted a thread on the old proboards forum about making this mod, and as expected, it died very quickly. It was around that same time that I also stopped playing Marble Blast (I was also temporarily banned from the proboards for being underaged at the time), and only recently have I started playing again. I'm glad to see Marble Blast is still active.

New Plan (Ordered according to priority)
  • At least 30 levels
  • Nice Island Skyboxes
  • Textures
  • Shaders
  • Sounds
  • Multiplayer
  • Marbles with AI for certain gamemodes.
I might add to this list as the mod develops.

Since the mod will be primarily made by me and one other friend in our free-time, I predict it will develop very slowly. I'll post back with previews and such once I have a couple of levels and something worth showing. Any comments will be appreciated!

Also, here is a very nice picture made by Ian on the old thread:
Warning: Spoiler!

Edit: I don't have much time for the mod and it is developing even slower than I thought. I probably posted this way too early. This does not mean I'm giving up on the mod however. It's just going to take a really long time. Again I apologize for making this post too early. I'll be back when I have something good to show.

Edit #2: Believe it or not this mod is still being developed despite no progress being shown. Please don't mark it as dead.

Last edit: 21 Jul 2017 16:16 by AJFerguson.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 198
13 Dec 2016 00:01 #2
Wow! That's a big challenge if you want to make shaders, multiplayer, and AI for your mod. I hope it goes well!

lee is awesome
The following user(s) said Thank You: AJFerguson, Weather

• HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
  • Thank you received: 604
13 Dec 2016 01:07 - 13 Dec 2016 01:21 #3
Sounds ambitious... at least the first three items on your list seem feasible (and maybe #5). Good luck with this though, looking forward to seeing what you can create :)

This signature is real code
Code:
function clientcmd12dothepq() { commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor'); }
Last edit: 13 Dec 2016 01:21 by HiGuy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AJFerguson

• Nathan125
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Thank you received: 8
13 Dec 2016 02:02 #4
Hmmm interesting mod mate. I hope this doesn't die out again like last time :3

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.782 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.