Before posting, please read the rules pertaining to verification of times.

file It's Official! PlatinumQuest World Record Rampage #1

• Doomblah
  • Doomblah's Avatar Topic Author
  • Marble Blast Veteran
  • Thank you received: 83
30 May 2021 04:24 - 25 Sep 2021 03:08 #1
It's finally official! After nearly 4 years the PlatinumQuest World Record Rampage has begun! This new thread will be the new official home of the PQWRR. Link to the old one can be found here. This rampage will include all 140 official PQ levels, even Puzzle 12, as well as all the Nest Eggs and 100% runs on Gem Quota levels. Nockess will be the one recording and editing all the runs, but runs must be submitted to a Moderator for verification, more about that below. Without further ado, let the first PlatinumQuest World Record Rampage begin!

The deadline for submitting a run is November 30th, 2021 11:59pm GMT. No runs after this date will be accepted. Plans are to release the rampage at the end of December. Please start sending your runs as soon as possible so we don't have a mad scramble to submit right at the end of the deadline.

Rules for runs:
- Your run must be performed online on the leaderboards. No offline runs after this announcement will be accepted.
- Screenshot glitches or any form of lagging your game is banned. Minimum acceptable FPS is 30.
- Teleport/ Powerup/ Gravity and other abusable restart glitches are banned.
- Any other form of glitches are allowed unless there is widespread agreement in the community to not allow it, please discuss with everyone if you plan on performing a run with those glitches. Traplaunches are allowed.
- Only .rrec files will be accepted, we will not accept screen recordings of a run for the rampage.
- Runs must be sent to Doomblah, DKman or Kalle for verification.
- Don't be afraid to send in lots of bloopers.

Anyone caught cheating will have their runs removed from the rampage and the Leaderboards.

The Community Spreadsheet to keep track of everyones records can be found here.

Good luck!
Last edit: 25 Sep 2021 03:08 by Doomblah. Reason: added more info
The following user(s) said Thank You: ExpedicHabbet, QwertyQwertz, Nockess, Yoshicraft224, c0wmanglr, subtract, Enzone

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• QwertyQwertz
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Thank you received: 18
30 May 2021 06:07 #2
Been looking forward to a PQ WRR for a long time, very excited for this!

• Thank you received: 3
21 Aug 2021 18:00 #3
Do you have to achieve the wr to send in bloopers?

• Kalle29
  • I blame ping for losing
  • Thank you received: 754
21 Aug 2021 18:23 #4
I think we can use the example set in MBG WRR5 and allow good bloopers from runners who didn't achieve a WR.

༼ ͡◕ ͜ ʖ ͡◕༽ You have been visited by the Nivea™ Donger of moisture. Soft skin and good fortune will come to you, but only if you post "thank you Mr. Skeltal" in this thread ༼ ͡◕ ͜ ʖ ͡◕༽

• Doomblah
  • Marble Blast Veteran
12 Oct 2021 21:27 - 12 Oct 2021 21:28 #5
Hello everyone! Nockess is taking music requests for the PlatinumQuest WRR - send music his way via his Discord DMs (Nockess#6969). There's no guarantee that everything will make the final cut. Links are preferable, and must be royalty free!
Last edit: 12 Oct 2021 21:28 by Doomblah.

• Doomblah
  • Marble Blast Veteran
12 Oct 2021 21:33 #6
There are currently 3 Levels that we do not have any existing .rrec for the World Record, they are: Unseasonably Cold Nest Egg, Conservation of Momentum Nest Egg, and Triple Action 100% Quota. Please make it a priority to grind these levels so we have something to use for the rampage, doesn't have to be a World Record, the fastest .rrec we get by the deadline will be used. You are still free to grind other levels if you want but please try to prioritize these levels.

• Doomblah
  • Marble Blast Veteran
30 Nov 2021 23:59 #7
That is it! The deadline is here! Any records set henceforth will not be featured in the rampage. Thank you everyone for doing everything you could to make this rampage as good as it could be. If you have any bloopers you have not sent my way please feel free to do so (reminder that you don't need to have WR on a level to send in bloopers on it). Do one last double check that the marble/reflections we have set for you on the Community Master Spreadsheet are correct and thats everything set to start recording. See you all on December 22nd!

• Thank you received: 1
01 Dec 2021 12:25 #8
I'm looking forward to seeing my already very high expectaions being absolutely smashed for the 4th or so time

• Doomblah
  • Marble Blast Veteran
11 Dec 2021 23:49 #9
Update. Xedron's WorldRecord.rrec for his 6.134 run on Evaporation has a bug where the gems do not show up. The .rrec for his second and third best runs also had this bug. In fact right now any .rrec recorded on Evaporation currently has this bug. Xedron luckily discovered that when you play Evaporation offline the gems show up in the .rrec. So Xedron went and beat his World Record offline with a time of 6.111, this time the gems finally showed up. Since this run is both offline and set after the deadline I felt I needed to provide a proper explanation as to why this run is being accepted. The old one has no gems and was basically unusable as a reference for beating the level. The alternative would be to use a 6.7 run from Cobalt (the previous WR). This will be better for the rampage despite the issues it has.

• Thank you received: 406
28 Dec 2021 17:47 #10
As the Bonus section is now out, I figured I'd write my thoughts here.

This was an absolutely amazing rampage! I'm really proud of the huge number of people we got to participate! It's been a while since PQ launched, almost four years to make a rampage, but I think it paid off in the end because this is the highest quality premiere rampage I've yet seen. Special mention to Xedron, Xelna, and August for providing some utterly mind-boggling runs and tying the whole thing together.

Favorite of Tutorial: Gems. Those wall hits were so smooth, and everything else was executed so tightly. Even the little things like the marble having just enough speed to get a fast jump on the floor were really well done.
Favorite of Beginner: It's tough, but I honestly have to say Advanced Techniques. That sign hit just blows my mind every time. Gems Ahoy and Verticality are great too though—so smooth and flawless the whole way through.
Favorite of Intermediate: Glacier Meadow. Bypassing that cannon is so clever, and the thing with the gem on the ceiling is so cool looking! That wall hit in the barn is the perfect height too, and the fast ending is so satisfying. I also loved those two edge hits on Freezing Point and the fence hit on Climb and Plummet—you people are so good! Side note: watching intermediate made me realize just how many intermediate levels I actively dislike. But you all managed to play them so well that I didn't even remember that the first time through.
Favorite of Advanced: Be Elusive! Xedron hits yet again with a really clean run, and that nuke hit at the end! Wow! Momentum is also great because of how satisfying and fast it is, how you can even control the marble at that speed is beyond me.
Favorite of Expert: Got to be Hydropower. Manic Bounce was amazing, but Hydropower is the one I went right back to watch again. The precision to pull all of those tricks off in one huge run is absolutely wild to me. Even the "simple" parts like getting the gems on that big elevator or getting the platinum gems at all are stuff that I can't pull off easily at all. And then to combine it with getting all those gems from below with the bubble and the pathfinding required to make it all as seamless as possible really takes exceptional talent. Hats off to Xelna for pulling this off. I also enjoyed Manic Bounce (obviously), Miscalculation (all those edge hits!), Conservation of Momentum (so fast and precise to get those time travels and gems. I was shocked), and Gems of the Deep Blue (lots of little optimizations to minimize time jumping in the water were so cleverly executed by Xedron).
Favorite of Bonus: Minute Minute. Xelna consistently moved faster through water than I ever thought was possible. The wall hits with the bubble are especially good. The cycles are so tight on this one and it's so satisfying to watch! Also I just love this level in general. Gunnery Practice and Arkanoid were also a lot of fun. Finally got to see those legendary times! Puzzle 7 was amazing, love me a good traplaunch. Puzzle 12 was just disgusting, and I mean that in the best way possible.

Again, great job everyone for all the hard work you guys put in! What an outstanding result, and I can't wait to see how the speedrunning scene evolves from here!

• Nockess
  • Respected Marbler
  • Respected Marbler
  • Cheater Supreme
  • Thank you received: 786
31 Dec 2021 20:28 - 31 Dec 2021 20:29 #11
After ten straight days of uploading since December 22nd, the rampage finally comes to a close with the bloopers video. Thank you to everyone who put in hours and hours of time to make the rampage so much fun.

Find the rampage playlist here!

Call me Chris!

Discord: Nockess#4107
YouTube: www.youtube.com/Nockess
Custom Levels: marbleland.vaniverse.io/profile/5
Last edit: 31 Dec 2021 20:29 by Nockess.
The following user(s) said Thank You: M@s, Doomblah

• Doomblah
  • Marble Blast Veteran
03 Mar 2022 17:59 #12
It took me a while but they're ready, all the .rrec files for the PlatinumQuest World Record Rampage are available for download here . The reason this took so long was because all the .rrecs had very inconsistent names for each level, lots of incorrect runner names, and ones that used the wrong marbles. I had to edit them all so the names for the files and the in-game display name were all similar to each other instead of the random assortment of names they had before. For those that used custom marbles that aren't in the game I could not edit the .rrec files to have those marbles, they instead use whatever marble the .rrec happened to use. The tool I used to edit them all is for staff only. With this I can officially bring the PQWRR to a close. Thank you everyone for participating and watching! I look forward to the next rampage.
The following user(s) said Thank You: NF

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.961 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.