Before posting, please read the rules pertaining to verification of times.

file Marble Blast Ultra (Platinum 1.60) World Record Rampage

• Ralph
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Matan's Fervent Fan
More
31 Mar 2017 07:22 #91 by Ralph
I watched it yesterday, and the variety of runs and tweaks was truly and epicly sick.

I also noticed Rozi took 40%+ of the whole rampage, which means he has a lot improved over the past years, and is still improving. Hats down to him.

And Kalle and his alien paths still destroy minds, whereas Regislian and his UFO tweaks burns them to the ground.

About NatureFreak? Well, due to the number of videos of his crazy skill I saw a few months ago and his general ranking growing exponentially, I totally believed he was going to be featured into a World Record Rampage.

Like I said in the comments, that was 20 minutes of pure marbling epicness. Great job to everyone!

You forget a thousand things everyday. Make sure Marble Blast isn't one of 'em.

On Twitter : @RalphiBoy27
Now on Instagram : ralphfrommb

Ralph's Improved PQ Sound Pack : marbleblast.com/index.php/forum/mbdk-sounds/9663-ralph-s-improved-pq-sound-pack-now-out-for-download#142246
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nature Freak

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• hPerks
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • getting the joj done
More
31 Mar 2017 13:18 #92 by hPerks
Wow! It's finally out, and it's even more amazing than anticipated! Astounding paths and runs all around; blasts and respawn button are used to their fullest extent, as well as the physics differences which make many dreamlike MBU paths a reality.

Huge props to Regi for all the sick paths - I think perhaps an extra Pathfinding point in the SP tier rankings might be in order? Not to mention all manner of impossible edge hits on levels like Triple Gravity, Bridge Crossing, Hazardous Climb, Mudslide, Acrobat, and geez I'm basically just listing every level. Very well done and certainly cemented his position as #1 in MBU levels. (And of course that KotM - that right there is a showstopper.)

Some real stunners from Kalle as well; Urban Jungle of course was one of the big highlights and certainly worthy of the thumbnail (not sure if it beats the BM movie thumbnail though :P), but also the super sneaky respawn abuses on Ramp Matrix and Great Divide, the edge hit on Tree House, and many more unexpected twists that impressed me throughout.

Rosie certainly made a blowout in her first showing on a WRR, stealing all the most unfathomable traplaunches on Skyscraper, Endurance and of course Survival, the fabled beam traplaunch that once wasn't thought to be possible. I'm sure this will motivate both MBG players and XBOX MBU players to try it out as well. I heard tell of a horrible HPE run that wasted like 20 seconds which I would have liked to see - hopefully there's a blooper reel coming out soon.

NF was another candidate for "best newcomer", cleaning up the crazy traplaunches with an incredible Platform Party, an ungodly fast edge hit on Gauntlet, and many other precise runs sprinkled throughout. A valuable contribution for his first rampage, and I'm definitely looking forward to MBG WRR 5: NF Edition.

And topping up the rampage was Rigel, with the MMP run that simply everyone is talking about, as well as some crazy TT catches on Scaffold and Cube Root - I'm still blown away by that starting trick to reduce spin; it's amazing how discoveries like that are still being made in this game after 15 years. Schadenfreude as well was awesome and a great finisher for the official levels.

And last, but not least (ok maybe least) was hPerks. He did okay, I guess.

Overall a hugely impressive finished product, and as I already said on Discord, Matan has outdone himself with the soundtrack. I've watched it twice already and probably won't stop there. Great to see this project finally finished, and can't wait for the next WRRs!

(should I say it?)
(aight what the heck)

tl;dr joj

"it's funny how the super monkey ball game without monkeys is the one that attracts more furries" - eblu 2018

Watch my videos here! - NEW: av'is levels: the movie!
Download my levels here! - NEW: Specific Gravity
Listen to my music here! - NEW: Memory Lane
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nockess

More
31 Mar 2017 14:38 #93 by Nockess

hPerks wrote:
I heard tell of a horrible HPE run that wasted like 20 seconds which I would have liked to see - hopefully there's a blooper reel coming out soon.

Spoiler alert, I hate to say that there's will almost certainly not be a blooper reel uploaded to Matan's channel simply because almost no one had bloopers to share. I personally had 8 clips, and I think Regi spoke of having a couple files of his own. I've thought about compiling my failed runs (and Regi's, if he'll let me/send them to me) into a compilation and then uploading it to my channel. I suppose we could have a blooper reel up on Matan's channel, but we'll need more content. Maybe some of you could go screw around in MBU and "make mistakes"? :^)

hPerks wrote:
(should I say it?)
(aight what the heck)

tl;dr joj

u

First player ever to get all of the Awesome Times.

• J@ckRB
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • *some self-degrading humour*
More
31 Mar 2017 18:23 #94 by J@ckRB
I'd honestly write a large post about how great the MBU Rampage is... but I am rather lost for words as I would no idea where to start praising such an amazing compilation of levels. Everyone who contributed posted fantastic runs (well hPerks only had one run but it was great nonethelesss), and the amount of people who contributed means I suspect there is going to be a lot of hot competition in MBP and in other further rampages. The songs fit perfectly as well.

And most of all thank you for giving up all the paths so I can have lots of fun utterly failing to complete them.

"funny quote" - funny person 2016 part 2 electric boogaloo
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nockess

• Evoker
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Aspiring to inspire
More
01 May 2017 17:46 #95 by Evoker
Wow, so pleased this came out. Been wanting to see all the WR paths in one place! And not on the Xbox!! My favourites were SoTF and Battlements - very unexpected. Also really enjoyed Triple Gravity, Bridge Crossing, MMP, Urban Jungle (showiest path ever), Spelunking (genius), Tree House & KoTM (esp screenshot glitch!). Loving the checkpoint usage on Three Fold Maze and Three Fold Race. Also Black Diamond looking ├╝ber sexy with the shaders.

And hPerks, your 'commentary' above :lol:

Moderators: Kalle29AayrlRegislian