Before posting, please read the rules pertaining to verification of times.

file MBP WRR 3: Frosty Awards

• Hitgod
  • Hitgod's Avatar Topic Author
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Thank you received: 26
26 Apr 2018 01:12 #1
Group A: Strategy Climb & Cardcaddy's Diamond Collection - no contest for SC (narcissism), I was close to picking Dizzying Heights but I didn't just cause PJ said he had 16.21 catch.
Group B: Thief & Tornado Launch - Thief is the clear winner for the path and execution but the tweak on Tornado Launch is so sick.
Group C: Quaked Path & Nukesweeper Revisited - NR wonderful path and execution, QP some say it takes <1h to achieve but its usually around 20h
Group D: Hug the Wall & Astroflight - Just your average Xedronly run of Hug the Wall is a clear winner, nice job on the low edge hit for Astroflight
Group E: Castle Wars & Sprint- I am still amazed at how low Castle Wars can go. Almost certainly sub 37.5 is possible but that edge hit is so dang satisfying to watch. You guys should play Sprint and see why I voted it 2nd, but Hazard Loop was very close.
Group F: The Ultimate Friction Challenge & Rolling to Eternity - TUFC is a clear winner one of the top runs of the rampage, RtE very well done on keeping the time stopped and the beginning edge hit.
Group G: Space Station & Daedal Helix - Space Station is THE best path in the game right now after that beginning section round up with insane gravity modifier play and then you follow it up by Frosty's skill on tightropes... Deadal Helix - not sure if RNG or not but that was the best time in the havoc zone possible
Group I: Don't Jump &
---to be continued---

"im betr dan wozie jsut wtahc mai widdyoze adn ull c im betr jsut wiat a fwe yreas" - Eguy 2018

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 64
26 Apr 2018 01:28 #2
First order of business, I didn't realize I had to submit my runs for this before hand, but if it's possible I would like to get my Learn the Bouncy Floor run entered for best tweak in round 2. I will update this post with my voting later...
The following user(s) said Thank You: hPerks

• Xedron
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Level Speedrunner
  • Thank you received: 294
26 Apr 2018 02:43 #3
Group A: Strategy Climb + Cardcaddy's - Both pretty obvious, both extremely awful to do, strategy climb path is just absolutely insane and cardcaddy's execution is amazing

Group B: Thief & Tornado Launch - Thief great run overall, Tornado Launch wins the battle of the crazy edge hits against Widows Peak imo

Group C: Quaked Path & NSR - NSR is frost's most optimized run definitely, and quaked path is just insane precision

Group D: Hug The Wall & Astroflight - Hug the Wall was fucking shit to do, gotta vote for it by default, and Astroflight looks extremely good with the final edge hit

Group E: Platform Race & Castle Wars - Shoutout to Hazard Loop as well, absolutely crazy optimization and the 2nd gem was too sick, but this is a very tough group. Castle Wars has one of the most epic edge hits I've ever seen, and platform race for the great new path and crazy improvement from last rampage

Group F: Rolling to Eternity & TUFC - TUFC obvious choice, maybe the run of the rampage, was very mixed between RtE and Ice Diamond, but I think RtE is just beyond impressive for the corner hit and finishing without time restarting, which is something I never thought possible.

Group G: Battlecube Finale & Keep on Rollin' - This was a very VERY tough group, I feel like Keep on Rollin and Trigonometry are going to be extremely close. Trigonometry's execution was great but I was beyond stunned at the new path for Keep on Rollin.

Group H: Daedal Helix & Space Station - Space Station may be the run of the rampage with the jaw-dropping new start, and Daedal Helix absolutely destroys what people thought before was an unbeatable 39 second run from PJ

Group I: Frictional Ascent & Don't Jump - Don't Jump has all my respect for the godawful path and Frictional Ascent is perhaps Eguy's most clean run in the rampage.

Group J: Bouncing Fun & Mastering the Marble - Insane optimization on both

Group K: Gym & Despair - Probably the toughest group because all the runs here are good, Gym is just great because Xelna's run before was already good as fuck and Regi just obliterated it. Despair obvious.

Group L: Slip Up & Excalibur - Not sure about these choices, mostly because Slip Up has been beaten with a better path and Excalibur is mostly the same.

Group M: Slowropes & Uphill Racing - hPerks shows serious skill on Uphill Racing with the extra edge hits and precise wall hits, and Frost's slowropes is pretty much flawless.

Group N: Ultimate Tree & Slope Madness - Ultimate Tree is one of the hardest levels to speedrun in the entire game, at least from my experience. Slope Madness is definitely up there with the best of hPerks' new paths for the rampage.

Group O: Beach Party & Floor Climb - Two very sexy tweaks and very good runs overall

Group P: Getting Squeezed & Recoil Ultra Course - Kinda meh group, RUC is great for the difficult as hell run in general, Getting Squeezed can definitely go lower with the old WR traplaunch at the end with bouncing up to the finish, but still the last traplaunch was satisfying af to see.

Group Q: Stairmaster & Combo Course - Combo Course destroys the old path by an impressive margin, and Stairmaster is a very well executed run that I don't see being beaten any time soon.

Group R: Trampoline Box & Platform Mayhem - Treachery was great, but Trampoline Box's new path was stunning, and Platform Mayhem because the run and level in general is SO much harder than it looks, and Eguy nailed this run.

Group S: Stamina & Newton Knew Best - Newton Knew Best because it beat was before considered an impossible time, and Stamina also destroying a TRAPLAUNCH path, which is something that may never be seen ever again.

Group T: Morph & Neon Tech - Two crazy new paths that destroy the previous time, serious credit to hPerks for the optimization on Neon Tech.

Group U: Bent Reality & Powerup Practice - I couldve went for anything else in this group and it wouldve been very justified. Bent Reality's sign hit at the start was a fucking beauty, and Powerup Practice has a great new path.

Group V: Ramp Madness & The Tale of the Tall Skyscraper - Ramp Madness is just a genius path, and TTOTTS is just a crazy run overall, destroying xelnas extremely good run from last rampage.

Group W: Sand Storm & Nuke Field - Sand Storm is a crazy low time with a crazy traplaunch, Nuke field is a crazy optimized run and nuke hit at the end is satisfying to watch

Group X: Battlecube & Frictional Battlecube - Two amazing paths by hPerks, both optimized to hell.

Group Y: Battlecube Revisited - holy shit optimization and path is a great improvement

"cna you salt spalt the slevel salt of 6 year salt who ca salt the lsat" - nobody, 2017

• Nockess
  • Respected Marbler
  • Respected Marbler
  • Cheater Supreme
  • Thank you received: 786
26 Apr 2018 18:56 - 26 Apr 2018 19:12 #4
Here are my votes. Had to make a new post instead of editing my previous one because the forums is being a big gay.

Best Run:
Group A: Strategy Climb & Carcaddy's Diamond Collection - Strategy Climb was just genius all around (that start oh my god) and Carcaddy's just because it looks like a total pain to pull off and it must've taken a lot of dedication.
Group B: Thief & Tornado Launch - Thief was not fun at all to run, especially with that part past the nukes with the clutch marble spin and gem grab. Tornado Launch because the edge hit looked so much better with the WRR atmosphere.
Group C: Nukesweeper & Nukesweeper Revisited - Both levels are terribly hard to speedrun and with the wall hits and edge hits and whatever the hell happened there, I'd never want to try and recreate that. Honorary vote for Quaked Path for the dedication.
Group D: Hug the Wall & Astroflight - The precision on Hug the Wall looks absolutely unfair the entire way through, and it's such a hard level to play in general. No comment on Astroflight other than the edge hit at the end being really satisfying.
Group E: Castle Wars! & Hazard Loop - Castle Wars just because of the finishing edge hit. The tweak that Regislian came up with to get the second gem was... genius. Oh my god.
Group F: The Ultimate Friction Challenge & Rolling to Eternity - I never thought Rolling Eternity could be finished without the time restarting as well as the catch was unbelievably. The Ultimate Friction Challenge... speechless. Kalle absolutely screwed that level so hard.
Group G: Trigonemetry & Battlecube Finale - Trigonometry does not look fun in the slightest to recreate and Battlecube Finale just because it's Battlecube Finale. No one likes it because it sucks. (Third place to Keep on Rollin' for the swag tweak.)
Group H: Daedal Helix & Space Station - This run would've been perfect if Lee did an edge hit after flipping the gravity towards the end, hopefully getting a sub-30 time. Other than that, the Force Havoc Zone was done scaringly well. Space Station had my jaw to the floor from start to finish. Everything was god-tier.
Group I: Don't Jump & Frictional Ascent - Don't Jump just sucks ass in general and I didn't think it would be beaten. The several tweaks on Frictional Ascent made the run so freaking good.
Group J: Bouncing Fun & Mastering the Marble - Bouncing Fun had some ridiculous optimization for how annoying of a level it is to play. Mastering the Marble doesn't look improvable by much at all and it looks really hard to pull off.
Group K: Arch Acropolis & Despair - I was really pleased to see that someone finally made a path to go with the faster route to the Time Travel. Despair because... yeah. That was impossible. (Third place goes to Platform Race 2 for the amazing traplaunch.)
Group L: Slip Up & Excalibur - Would've gone Teleport Training over Slip Up if Xedron's tweak had made it in. Excalibur just because of how hard it is to finish with the time stopped. And the clutch edge hit at the end.
Group M: Slowropes & Uphill Racing - Uphill Racing looks terrible to recreate. The time restarting at the end dropped the quality of the run though. Here's why I picked Slowropes.
Group N: Ultimate Tree & Slope Madness - Ultimate Tree has always been a really hard level for me to get a really good time on and the ending trick with the Super Jump + Helicopter combo with the wall hit always looks super cool. Slope Madness had a really neat-looking path, especially with the pillar hit. (Treacherous Path might've knocked off either of these if the nuke hit was considerably more linear.)
Group O: Beach Party & Floor Climb - Each level had its own irresistibly sexy tweak. (Fighting Slopes for third because SIGN HIIIIIIIIT.)
Group P: Recoil Ultra Course & Getting Squeezed - Unfortunately not that good of a group. Recoil Ultra Course is a hard level to speedrun, more or less finish without the time restarting, AND with that good of a catch. Getting Squeezed is the least worst out of the remaining five because despite the unfortunately slow finish, the last traplaunch was gorgeous and I shocked myself when I was able to get the second-to-last traplaunch a cycle earlier.
Group Q: Stairmaster & Combo Course - Eguy told me on multiple occasions that Stairmaster was really hard to pull off and he doesn't think it's going to be beaten anytime soon, and I take his word for it. Combo Course was just god-tier. I had no idea sub-30 was possible.
Group R: Platform Mayhem & Double LoopLoop - Platform Mayhem speaks for itself. The several month-long wait was totally worth it. I picked Double LoopLoop (Double LolLol... lol jij joj etc) as my second choice just because of the number of tweaks Hitgod sneaked in here and there and because that finish was so freaking good, although give Trampoline Box and Ramp Launch the credit they deserve. One very clever path and another level optimized to hell with a freaking god-tier finish
Group S: Stamina & Newton Knew Best... - Frostfire's new Stamina path looks a lot harder to pull off than the traplaunch which really says something, because four edge hits in that small of a level is not fun. I picked Newton Knew Best because I can and it's totally that good.
Group T: Morph & Neon Tech - Morph is another example that unquestionably speaks for itself. Frostfire broke the living shit out of that level, and Xedron just did it better afterwards. I chose Neon Tech over Master the Super Jump (but MAN it was close) because of how difficult the run looks to pull off, especially after hPerks told me how close the time was to restarting. It's also simply a gorgeous path.
Group U: Gyrocopter Monster Course & Powerup Practice - First of all, Powerup Practice had a beautiful new path and it was executed really nicely as well so that wasn't a difficult choice to make. I picked Gyrocopter Monster Course over Bent Reality because of how hard it is to finish the level without the time restarting, and the beginning tweak was surprisingly simple and very satisfying despite the fact that Matan claims it can go a lot lower (if I remember correctly). I prefer the difficulty of the run over the wonderful sign hit in the Director's Cut level.
Group V: The Tale of the Tall Skyscraper & Cubed Maze - The Tale of The Tall Skyscraper doesn't need to be explained. Cubed Maze is just an absolutely bitch to play, more or less speedrun, and the beginning of Xedron's run on it is probably a meme now. (Michael's Adventure: MBP for third place because of the camera showboating at the end.
Group W: Sand Storm & Nuke Field - Both runs were incredibly solid so choosing these two wasn't very difficult, although those wall hits on Slippery Steps were really flashy. Props to Hitgod for that.
Group X: Battlecube & Frictional Battlecube - Also two very easy choices so I need not go into detail. Third place goes to Convoluted Helix.
Group Y: Battlecube Revisited - Of course three of the Battlecube levels, coincidentally the three that hPerks ran, all ended up on the backside of the list and somehow all ended up getting my vote. :thinking:

Best Path:
Group A: Space Station - Again, this run had my jaw to the floor all the way through. Very easy choice.
Group B: Morph - Talk about breaking the freaking level.
Group C: Arch Acropolis - Mastering the Marble would've undoubtedly been my pick if it saw the light of day for this rampage instead of the previous one. I'm so glad Regislian found this path for Arch Acropolis.
Group D: Frictional Battlecube - This is one of the few groups I had a hard time picking a single option for. As much as I like Strategy Climb for its wicked start and its admirable ending, my initial reaction on Frictional Battlecube left me thinking how the hell hPerks came up with that path because it looks like he randomly goes around the level picking gems and magically gets to the finish with all of them.
Group E: Powerup Practice - Daedal Helix wins this group if we're talking about optimization. Powerup Practice was the best new path in this group without question.
Group F: The Ultimate Friction Challenge! - It's a little weird that Getting Squeezed is more of a different path than The Ultimate Friction challenge is when they're compared to their respective WRR 2 runs, but I'm now really unsatisfied with Getting Squeezed after looking at it again, and the effort that Kalle put into The Ultimate Friction Challenge certainly can't be left without any credit.
Group G: Slope Madness - Easily the hardest group to choose from, but I'm happy with my final decision. In my eyes, Platform Mayhem wasn't enough of a new path when it comes to talking about the level as a whole. Stamina was ridiculously clever but not super exciting compared to the others. Master the Super Jump was flashy and optimized really well (good luck beating that one @everyone), but Slope Madness was amazing the whole way through.Very energetic and exciting, and it's got WTF moments all over the place. The dream of getting sub-1 has become a reality.
Group H: Battlecube - Each level in this group were really nice paths, but Battlecube tops this one. That was a fantastic way to end the beginner video and god, it looks hard to beat.

Call me Chris!

Discord: Nockess#4107
YouTube: www.youtube.com/Nockess
Custom Levels: marbleland.vaniverse.io/profile/5
Last edit: 26 Apr 2018 19:12 by Nockess.

• eNetro
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Skilled PlatinumQuest Player
  • Thank you received: 49
27 Apr 2018 03:28 - 27 Apr 2018 03:29 #5
Here are my votes for superlatives on the best MB WRR ever! I probably will add descriptions, but who knows...
Best Run
Group A: Cardcaddy’s Gem Collection and Mini Mountain
Group B: Thief and Tornado Launch
Group C: Mini Marble Gold - DC and Nukesweeper
Group D: Hug the Wall and Hazardous House
Group E: Castle Wars! and Platform Race
Group F: Rolling to Eternity and The Ultimate Friction Challenge!
Group G: Battlecube Finale and Trapdoor Mania
Group H: Space Station and Swivel
Group I: Random Mayhem and Don’t Jump
Group J: Frictional Climb and Mastering the Marble
Group K: Despair and Platform Race 2
Group L: Slip Up and Gem Travel
Group M: Slowropes and Speed Attack
Group N: Treacherous Path and Dual Perspectives
Group O: Beach Party and Spin Practice
Group P: Ground Zero and Getting Squeezed
Group Q: Lightning Ice and Combo Course
Group R: Platform Mayhem and Trampoline Box
Group S: Half Pipe Dive and Newton Knew Best
Group T: Morph and Master the Super Jump
Group U: Bent Reality and Powerup Practice
Group V: The Tale of the Tall Skyscraper and Ramp Madness
Group W: Nuke Field and Sand Storm
Group X: Battlecube and Frictional Battlecube
Group Y: Battlecube Revisited

Best Path
Group A: Space Station
Group B: Morph
Group C: Mastering the Marble
Group D: Battlecube Revisited
Group E: Powerup Practice
Group F: Getting Squeezed
Group G: Platform Mayhem
Group H: Battlecube

Best Tweak
Group A: Nukesweeper (first tweak)
Group B: Teleport Training
Group C: Battlecube Finale
Group D: Nukesweeper (second tweak)
Group E: TUFC
Group F: Gap Aimer start pattern
Group G: Treacherous Path (bumper hit)

Most Optimized Run
Group A: Thief
Group B: Battlecube
Group C: Keep on Rollin’
Group D: Learn the Bouncy Floor
Group E: Dragged Up
Group F: Newton Knew Best
Group G: Happy Birthday!

Best Run Under 20s
Group A: Hazardous House
Group B: Gravity Shaker
Group C: Roll Like the Wind!
Group D: Platformer
Group E: Lightning Ice
Group F: Despair
Group G: Trapdoor Mania
Group H: Super Jump Aim
Group I: Nukesweeper
Group J: Hazard Loop
Group K: Ground Zero
Group L: Mini-Mountain

Rampage MVP
Eguy
Hitgod
Macstr0yer
Rozi
Kalle
Xedron
Frostfire
hPerks

Awesome Hint:

Since the Awesome Time/Score is secret, you will have to beat it in order to find out what it is. Just practice every day, and be ready to keep pressing the 'Restart' button...A LOT!
Last edit: 27 Apr 2018 03:29 by eNetro. Reason: Added "Group " before each letter

• Regislian
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 255
27 Apr 2018 08:56 #6
Best Run:
Group A: Cardcaddy's Gem Collection & Strategy Climb
Group B: Thief & Tornado Launch
Group C: Nukesweeper & Nukesweeper Revisited
Group D:Hug the Wall & Astroflight
Group E: Platform Race & Sprint
Group F: Ice Diamond & The Ultimate Friction Challenge!
Group G: Trigonometry & Battlecube Finale
Group H: Daedal Helix & Space Station
Group I: Don't Jump! & Frictional Ascent
Group J: Perilous Road & Mastering the Marble
Group K: Arch Acropolis & Platform Race 2
Group L: Slip Up & Excalibur
Group M: Slowropes & Speed Attack
Group N: Treacherous Path & Slope Madness
Group O: Beach Party & Floor Climb
Group P: Wall Master & Getting Squeezed
Group Q: Stairmaster & Combo Course
Group R: Platform Mayhem & Trampoline Box
Group S: Stamina & Ring Stunts
Group T: Morph & NeonTech
Group U: Marble Agility Course & Powerup Practice
Group V: The Tale of the Tall Skyscraper & Cubed Maze
Group W: Sand Storm & Slippery Steps
Group X: Battlecube & Frictional Battlecube
Group Y: Battlecube Revisited

Best path:
Group A: Space Station
Group B: Morph
Group C: Mastering the Marble
Group D: Strategy Climb
Group E: Powerup Practice
Group F: Slippery Steps
Group G: Slope Madness
Group H: Battlecube

Best tweak:

Group A: Beach Party
Group B: NeonTech (last edge hit)
Group C: Trampoline Box
Group D: Nukesweeper (second tweak)
Group E: TUFC
Group F: Frictional Ascent
Group G: Treacherous Path

Most optimized run:
Group A: Thief
Group B: Frictional Ascent
Group C: Bumpy Highway
Group D: Combo Course
Group E: Trigonometry
Group F: NeonTech
Group G: Double LoopLoop

Best Run Under 20s (elapsed time):
Group A: Convoluted Helix
Group B: Busy Bee
Group C: Newton knew best...
Group D: Tunnel Vision
Group E: Double LoopLoop
Group F: Cubed Maze
Group G: Astroflight
Group H: Slippery Steps
Group I: Nukesweeper
Group J: Tornado Launch
Group K: Marble Mini Golf: Icichole
Group L: Marble Agility Course

MVP:
Eguy
Hitgod
Macstr0yer
Rozi
Kalle
Xedron
Frostfire
hPerks

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.859 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.