SUPPORT BOARD OVERVIEW & TIPS:

About Receiving Help from the Support Board: While all members may answer questions posted in the Support board, you should only rely on responses posted or confirmed by support moderators and website administrators. Any solutions provided by members of the community that are not verified by a staff member (as indicated by a light-green background) are provided as-is, and we cannot take responsibility for any of the results of said actions.

About Responding to Support Threads: If you feel you know the answer to a question, you are welcome to respond to the thread and politely offer assistance. Please be courteous and try to provide detailed and helpful solutions to users who may not be as advanced as you. We ask that you refrain from posting one-sentence solutions.

Please search for existing topics before creating one! It's quite likely someone else has already encountered a similar issue which was resolved. You can search for existing support threads by clicking here .

About Topic Tags:

* Topics denoted with the [OPEN] tag are awaiting a response from the end user. You are welcome to post in these threads if you are experiencing a similar issue so we may provide further support.

* Topics denoted with the [RESOLVED] title have been successfully answered and confirmed by a support moderator and the end user, and should be used as a reference. These topics are locked.

* Topics denoted with the [CLOSED] tag were either inactive for more than 30 days or the end user did not respond to a suggestion and confirm if the issue was resolved. These topics are locked.

times Weird Avatar Issue

• Punished_Pitaya
  • Punished_Pitaya's Avatar Topic Author
  • New Marbler
  • New Marbler
  • Thank you received: 0
06 May 2020 00:09 #1
This is not an issue with the game, per se, but really an issue with the forums. I've been trying multiple times to change my avatar, but always it gives me a transparent "error" avatar. All over the forums you can see multiple people whose avatar has been removed. Is there a reason behind this or is this just a personal problem? If so, how can you fix this? Thanks.

“Must’ve scared everyone with my awesome roasts” -TheSphere, 2016
  • Thank you received: 404
06 May 2020 01:51 #2
I don't know much, but that's definitely an issue with everyone. Pretty sure it started when we switched to a new version of Kunena forums a couple years ago and it kind of broke a lot of stuff. I'm not sure the devs can do much about it unfortunately, but feel free to correct me. Basically now changing profile pictures is impossible and anyone with no profile picture is just displayed as a black square rather than the traditional placeholder picture.
  • Punished_Pitaya
  • Punished_Pitaya's Avatar Topic Author
  • New Marbler
  • New Marbler
  • Thank you received: 0
06 May 2020 15:43 - 06 May 2020 21:56 #3
I'm pretty sure that there is something wrong with the servers. Almost every player run server is being hosted by a guest, and when I checked onto my account a couple of weeks ago, avatars worked. When I made the forum post about not being able to download PQ, the error message said something about not being able to download files from the server. Are the servers down?

EDIT: The issue was resolved for me. By navigating to the "preferences" tag in the status menu, I was able to successfully change my avatar.

“Must’ve scared everyone with my awesome roasts” -TheSphere, 2016
Last edit: 06 May 2020 21:56 by Punished_Pitaya. Reason: No longer had issue
  • HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
  • Thank you received: 604
07 May 2020 10:20 #4

LatinoPitaya wrote: I'm pretty sure that there is something wrong with the servers. Almost every player run server is being hosted by a guest, and when I checked onto my account a couple of weeks ago, avatars worked. When I made the forum post about not being able to download PQ, the error message said something about not being able to download files from the server. Are the servers down?

EDIT: The issue was resolved for me. By navigating to the "preferences" tag in the status menu, I was able to successfully change my avatar.

I think you're confusing a couple different issues as one large issue. Avatar support on Kunena has generally worked fine for a while, it's just confusing to set up.

This signature is real code
Code:
function clientcmd12dothepq() { commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor'); }
Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.884 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.