SUPPORT BOARD OVERVIEW & TIPS:

About Receiving Help from the Support Board: While all members may answer questions posted in the Support board, you should only rely on responses posted or confirmed by support moderators and website administrators. Any solutions provided by members of the community that are not verified by a staff member (as indicated by a light-green background) are provided as-is, and we cannot take responsibility for any of the results of said actions.

About Responding to Support Threads: If you feel you know the answer to a question, you are welcome to respond to the thread and politely offer assistance. Please be courteous and try to provide detailed and helpful solutions to users who may not be as advanced as you. We ask that you refrain from posting one-sentence solutions.

Please search for existing topics before creating one! It's quite likely someone else has already encountered a similar issue which was resolved. You can search for existing support threads by clicking here .

About Topic Tags:

* Topics denoted with the [OPEN] tag are awaiting a response from the end user. You are welcome to post in these threads if you are experiencing a similar issue so we may provide further support.

* Topics denoted with the [RESOLVED] title have been successfully answered and confirmed by a support moderator and the end user, and should be used as a reference. These topics are locked.

* Topics denoted with the [CLOSED] tag were either inactive for more than 30 days or the end user did not respond to a suggestion and confirm if the issue was resolved. These topics are locked.

lock [RESOLVED] MBG Mod Help

• Max
  • Max's Avatar Topic Author
  • Novice Marbler
  • Novice Marbler
  • Thank you received: 2
04 Feb 2014 02:14 - 14 Sep 2014 15:31 #1
Hi, I have a mac, and each mod I play need to have it's own MarbleBlast folder. Since you can only have one with that in the library, how can I have several mods at once? Where is it referenced in Advanced, because maybe we could change the reference name. Thanks ;)

Also, side question: Is it possible to change data from MBP 1.20 to MBP 1.50 beta 2.0?
Edit: Adding on to the side question, is it possible to move data from MBG to MBP 1.50 beta 2.0? (Never mind, this doesn't matter that much now.)

(Matan, looks like there are two red dragons now! 'o' [Complete shock])

Apparently there's a third.
Last edit: 14 Sep 2014 15:31 by Aayrl.
The topic has been locked.
  • Thank you received: 123
04 Feb 2014 20:20 #2
I was really bothered by this, and decided to make a place to store all my files, neatly categorized. Eventually I got bored with shifting/archiving manually that I make a neat bash script that asks for a few details and moves the files for me to a predetermined location. Having two siblings much less incompetent than me doesn't help. If you want, I could make a simplified version of that script if you want. Otherwise, I'd just copy my MarbleBlast folder out and put it into its old named folder so that you know how to find it. It would've been more helpful if mod makers changed the usermods directory for their game so that this would be unnecessary.

For the side question: it is indeed possible.
First, you would have to rename your old "platinum" folder in the Library's MarbleBlast folder, to "platinumbeta".
Then, you would have to rename every single "highScoresplatinum" with "highScoresplatinumbeta" in client/mbpPrefs.cs, and save. BACKUP your file first! MarbleBlast will wipe the file if there are syntax errors. You can simply open it in TextEdit and do a find/replace.
Thirdly, you'd also want to replace "easterEggplatinum" with "easterEggplatinumbeta". I'm not 100% sure if it's still used in MBP 1.50, for I haven't seen it in my 1.50 prefs file, but I'd do it anyways. Save.
Fourth is to backup the config.cs file. Delete the original. If you don't, there may be some missing keybindings. I couldn't rebind "t" to chat, either.
Fifth step is to launch MBP 1.50. Then close. You could also log into LBs if you wanted to. (This is all assuming you haven't already done this.)
Sixth is to either remap your key controls in the game, or close it and manually replace the new settings with the old ones. Changing it in the game is recommended.
I feel like I've forgotten something, but that seems to be it! Keep in mind that your data/times always have and will remain offline.

Hope this helps, or at least somewhat!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Max
  • Max
  • Novice Marbler
  • Novice Marbler
04 Feb 2014 21:13 #3
Thank you so much! :cheer: I would like the script, which will be good not only for organization, but for me seeing and maybe learning some bash(I know none. ). Also, I haven't unlocked the expert levels in platinum beta, when I unlock them, will they have their data?
Thanks again!

• Max
  • Novice Marbler
  • Novice Marbler
05 Feb 2014 00:26 #4
Sorry, can you/someone also explain what happened to about half of the advanced levels in platinum, and how to get expert? I'm confused because the last platinum I played was 1.20.

• RandomityGuy
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • This entire place is bruh
  • Thank you received: 61
05 Feb 2014 09:27 #5
This is beta version:Expert levels(and some music) has been removed to reduce file size.

Github:
github.com/RandomityGuy
Feel free to support me at ko-fi.com/randomityguy
The following user(s) said Thank You: Max
09 Feb 2014 22:19 #6
I've got a nice, function scripts that should work for any Mac user. If you find any errors, please respond and point them out if you can. :)

I've basically overhauled like 90% of my original code, to fix a few old unfixed bugs and many new ones. It should be mostly nice and neat now. Please tell me if it works, too!
Attachments:
  • Max
  • Novice Marbler
  • Novice Marbler
11 Feb 2014 01:50 #7
Thanks, this is just what I needed! It works perfectly, and unless you care about typos (te instead of the), I found no problems with it. I guess that this thread is resolved then? Thanks Pro, you responded so quickly.

12 Feb 2014 10:51 #8
I knew there'd be a typo. You can always open it up in TextEdit and fix it manually. Also, try not to break it. :)

I'm glad I could help!
Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.847 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.