SUPPORT BOARD OVERVIEW & TIPS:

About Receiving Help from the Support Board: While all members may answer questions posted in the Support board, you should only rely on responses posted or confirmed by support moderators and website administrators. Any solutions provided by members of the community that are not verified by a staff member (as indicated by a light-green background) are provided as-is, and we cannot take responsibility for any of the results of said actions.

About Responding to Support Threads: If you feel you know the answer to a question, you are welcome to respond to the thread and politely offer assistance. Please be courteous and try to provide detailed and helpful solutions to users who may not be as advanced as you. We ask that you refrain from posting one-sentence solutions.

Please search for existing topics before creating one! It's quite likely someone else has already encountered a similar issue which was resolved. You can search for existing support threads by clicking here .

About Topic Tags:

* Topics denoted with the [OPEN] tag are awaiting a response from the end user. You are welcome to post in these threads if you are experiencing a similar issue so we may provide further support.

* Topics denoted with the [RESOLVED] title have been successfully answered and confirmed by a support moderator and the end user, and should be used as a reference. These topics are locked.

* Topics denoted with the [CLOSED] tag were either inactive for more than 30 days or the end user did not respond to a suggestion and confirm if the issue was resolved. These topics are locked.

lock [RESOLVED] Marble Blast Platinum DSO mod

• brandondorf9999
  • brandondorf9999's Avatar Topic Author
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Thank you received: 2
18 Aug 2013 01:49 - 14 Sep 2014 15:38 #1
The cs files are in dso format and I can't edit them. They are in MBP which the dts files can be used as items and other things for help window and others. How do I install a custom dts file into the help init.cs.dso mod or other cs.dso files like those in the game Marble Blast Platinum.
Last edit: 14 Sep 2014 15:38 by Aayrl.
The topic has been locked.
  • Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
  • PlatinumQuest Programmer
  • Thank you received: 205
18 Aug 2013 03:10 #2
MATAN GAVE ME PERMISSION TO POST EVEN THOUGH I'M NOT A SUPPORT MOD.

MBP has .cs.dso so you can't modify mbp or extract the codes from it, we wouldn't want people stealing our work =)

As such, you will not be able to get the code from those .cs.dso files. This must be done in Marble Blast Gold. However, I will provide you with what you have to do.

1. open the Gui editor and go to the helpcreditsGui
2. save that as HelpCreditsGui.gui file (there is no code at the bottom of original) Save it at:
marble/client/ui/
3. in the gui editor, add a new GuiObjectViewCtrl and give it a shape model. Give it an object name. For reference, look at PlayGui in the editor.
4. go into the helpcredits.cs file in marble/client/ui/ and add in the appropriate places
objectname.setVisible(1); or objectname.setVisible(0);

I am a programmer. Most here know me for being one of the major contributors to Marble Blast Platinum and PlatinumQuest.
  • brandondorf9999
  • brandondorf9999's Avatar Topic Author
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Thank you received: 2
18 Aug 2013 07:18 #3
The reason why I want to edit the cs.dso because I actually want to add some more dts objects in the interface like a switch ball or other helpers, hazards and other stuff that I have could do things like those in the help gui. Also, I want to add custom particles for teleporting with those symbols spreading and a bright light model zooming in the screen as the marble teleports to another area. That's why I need a tool or something to make them cs again and add some more objects in there.
  • Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
  • PlatinumQuest Programmer
  • Thank you received: 205
18 Aug 2013 07:23 #4
1. its illegal
2. it violates the license agreement of MB and the whole GG policy
3. its illegal to discuss decompiling.
4. If discussion continues about this, I will stop responding as I don't want to get in trouble.
5. I don't know how.

and I believe it is against the TOS of mbp. As well as a violation of the LB policy. If its not, expect a TOS rewrite for 1.50.

I am a programmer. Most here know me for being one of the major contributors to Marble Blast Platinum and PlatinumQuest.
Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.718 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.