SUPPORT BOARD OVERVIEW & TIPS:

About Receiving Help from the Support Board: While all members may answer questions posted in the Support board, you should only rely on responses posted or confirmed by support moderators and website administrators. Any solutions provided by members of the community that are not verified by a staff member (as indicated by a light-green background) are provided as-is, and we cannot take responsibility for any of the results of said actions.

About Responding to Support Threads: If you feel you know the answer to a question, you are welcome to respond to the thread and politely offer assistance. Please be courteous and try to provide detailed and helpful solutions to users who may not be as advanced as you. We ask that you refrain from posting one-sentence solutions.

Please search for existing topics before creating one! It's quite likely someone else has already encountered a similar issue which was resolved. You can search for existing support threads by clicking here .

About Topic Tags:

* Topics denoted with the [OPEN] tag are awaiting a response from the end user. You are welcome to post in these threads if you are experiencing a similar issue so we may provide further support.

* Topics denoted with the [RESOLVED] title have been successfully answered and confirmed by a support moderator and the end user, and should be used as a reference. These topics are locked.

* Topics denoted with the [CLOSED] tag were either inactive for more than 30 days or the end user did not respond to a suggestion and confirm if the issue was resolved. These topics are locked.

lock [RESOLVED] Marble Blast Sound Files

• Enigma
  • Enigma's Avatar Topic Author
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Thank you received: 17
15 Apr 2013 23:44 - 14 Sep 2014 15:45 #1
If it's not too much trouble, I'd like to ask where the sound files for MBP are located. I need the files for the MBG Shell and such, and the closest I got to is Metropolis.ogg in the level editor (jsyk, I'm on a Mac.)
Last edit: 14 Sep 2014 15:45 by Aayrl.
The topic has been locked.
  • IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
16 Apr 2013 01:35 #2
same as in MBG
in your app data, under platinum/data/sounds/music (IF there is a music subdirectory, not sure if Phil did that for Mac 1.20)

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.
  • Enigma
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
16 Apr 2013 02:16 #3
Apr 15, 2013, 6:35pm, admin wrote:same as in MBG
in your app data, under platinum/data/sounds/music (IF there is a music subdirectory, not sure if Phil did that for Mac 1.20)

Yeah, I think Phil didn't. What I found in the level editor was platinum/data/sounds/music/Metropolis.ogg, but it won't show up anywhere in the files, so I guess he hard-coded it in.
  • IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
16 Apr 2013 10:54 #4
Metropolis was hard-coded in script to always be played when the Level Editor is opened. For some reason he did extra modifications from 1.14 to 1.20 like changing Pianoforte to not be the main menu and it has been fixed for the next version of Marble Blast Platinum.

Anyway what you asked for were the MBG files, and I said they're in the music subdirectory, which indeed you do have. Just find the one that's called Shell.ogg which I believe is MBG. I'll check when I get home but it should be there.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.
  • Enigma
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
16 Apr 2013 23:38 #5
Apr 16, 2013, 3:54am, admin wrote:Metropolis was hard-coded in script to always be played when the Level Editor is opened. For some reason he did extra modifications from 1.14 to 1.20 like changing Pianoforte to not be the main menu and it has been fixed for the next version of Marble Blast Platinum.

Anyway what you asked for were the MBG files, and I said they're in the music subdirectory, which indeed you do have. Just find the one that's called Shell.ogg which I believe is MBG. I'll check when I get home but it should be there.

I don't know, Matan. Shell.ogg is nowhere, and in fact, there are no .ogg files on my laptop. :-/
  • IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
17 Apr 2013 02:51 #6
Wait, so how did you find Metropolis.ogg then?
Make a search using finder. I'm looking at the music directory right now, it's all there.

Also I was to tired I actually didn't do anything on the comp and went to sleep, so apologies for no followup reply yesterday.

• Enigma
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
17 Apr 2013 02:56 #7
Apr 16, 2013, 7:51pm, admin wrote:Wait, so how did you find Metropolis.ogg then?
Make a search using finder. I'm looking at the music directory right now, it's all there.

Also I was to tired I actually didn't do anything on the comp and went to sleep, so apologies for no followup reply yesterday.

I found Metropolis' root in the level editor. And Finder won't find anything, so, odd. Maybe its hard-coded... :S
  • IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
17 Apr 2013 04:57 #8
I don't think you're understanding me, which suggests to me you're underage.
I'm going to say this once more and if you can't figure it you, I can't help you.

Hard-codes is the ENGINE. That's the executable. It does NOT have music in it, or point to any music directory.

MARBLE BLAST GOLD goes to MARBLE -> DATA -> SOUND and in it you'll find wav files and 4 ogg files, one of them called Shell.ogg which is the MAIN MENU MUSIC for Marble Blast Gold.

Shell.ogg can be found in a script file (.cs .cs .cs .cs .cs .cs .cs) and it was written as the Main Menu music. In fact, you can find it yourself in init.cs ( MARBLE -> CLIENT ) under function loadMainMenu() as playShellMusic(); .

FURTHERMORE if you look in MARBLE -> CLIENT -> audioprofiles.cs you'll find:
%file = ~/data/sound/ @ %musicFileBase;
Which leads you to know where the audio files are stored.

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MOAR

MARBLE BLAST PLATINUM changed audioprofiles.cs where the code is as follows:
%file = ~/data/sound/music/ @ %musicFileBase;
Which leads to the ever shocking discovery that we changed the directory where all music is stored to a subdirectory of sound, called music

Clearly she's blonde.

Anyhow, the current directory where ALLLLLLL the music is stored in Marble Blast Platinum is now therefore platinum/data/sound/music/. Funny enough, even the script looks specifically for it!
Code:(platinum/data/sound/music/*.ogg);
Now that we are done laughing, we now know that the reason we can hear in-game music and everything is because the music the game is looking for in its scripts (.cs .cs .c-- I mean, audioprofiles.cs audioprofiles.cs audioprofiles.cs) is in fact in the directory of platinum/data/sound/music.

So how do we go to that directory? Since you're Mac and I'm not, you must be thinking I'm dumb. But worry not, for I have learned from The Master aka Perishingflames over the last few years. Think I ignored his blabbering? Course not, his blabbering is those of very high value and I listened.

FIRST OF ALL WE GO TO FINDER

Once there we tell it to search for Shell.ogg. It should find it. If it does, we have a hero!

If it doesn't, then ignore the above and go do this:

EDIT: Apparently it does not search inside applications, according to nobody:

Quote:should tell him that finder won't look inside applications for files.

Goes to show you how much I know about Mac, which is nothing.

SO LET'S MOVE TO THE NEXT STEP:

GO TO YOUR APP, which is really Marble Blast Platinum. Right clicking (lol windows) on it gives you a LIST OF STUFF YOU CAN DO which is like brilliant, but really we want to open the application and see its contents. Once we do that, we find out there is a directory called platinum which is amazing, but then if we further navigate to data, then sound, then music, we find the Shell.ogg which is MARBLE BLAST GOLD'S MAIN MENU MUSIC, as well as a dozen or so other .ogg files.

If you can't, you can set your Mac on fire and buy Windows, or alternatively tell it to show all hidden files/folders, or better yet to show extensions for filenames even if they are known (lol windows disables that by default. oh windows, you so funny.)

If you still can't find it, then clearly it's in the LIBRARY. Now from that point this is a dark maze of hell which I don't wanna touch so I'll go back to our buddy the Finder which should do the trick.

If all else fails, HiGuy WHERe and he'll post here with sexy images.

• Thank you received: 57
17 Apr 2013 05:01 #9
I think the proper course of action is always buy a copy of Windows and install that.

Allows you to use MBGE too hue.
  • Enigma
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
17 Apr 2013 06:06 #10
I've already tried your methods of resolving the problem. The Finder is not my friend, as it doesn't like opening Marble Blast Gold's app code files. My computer IS a dark maze of hell, and I'm considering burning it with many other things that tick me off, like the phone I'm posting on. This file does not have a specified application to open with. And, in the U.S., it's illegal to be on websites like the ProBoards if you're underage, so. Breaking the law isn't fun. And Macbooks right-click too (lol). and this is why I started off with a Windows. Search likes searching ALL apps rather than the pre-installed ones. (Seriously, the Mac was the first PC, why bother to fix them now? Windows will pwn them with their touch-screen laptops anyways.) TorqueScript is so much easier on Windows. You can't open the mbg files other than the folders they're in and the app itself. So, improvising time. Umm, become a computer hacker, no. Website hacking is the best I can get, but I can edit most Scripts. Inconlusive but revelant results: Macs suck at opening .app files. Nice memes. -.-' (P.S.: Matan, none of this is supposed to be sarcastic, except the last sentence.)
17 Apr 2013 06:11 #11
Apr 16, 2013, 11:06pm, lcf wrote:(Seriously, the Mac was the first PC, why bother to fix them now? Windows will pwn them with their touch-screen laptops anyways.) TorqueScript is so much easier on Windows.

Why do you like to give out so much misinformation? TorqueScript is the same on Windows or Mac.

All you need to do on a Mac for an .app is right click>Show Package Contents to find the sound files you're looking for. That's literally all you have to do.

Mac was not the first PC. (Here's a quick google search for you en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_personal_computers )
  • Enigma
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
17 Apr 2013 06:16 #12
Apr 16, 2013, 11:11pm, conor wrote:
Apr 16, 2013, 11:06pm, lcf wrote:(Seriously, the Mac was the first PC, why bother to fix them now? Windows will pwn them with their touch-screen laptops anyways.) TorqueScript is so much easier on Windows.

Why do you like to give out so much misinformation? TorqueScript is the same on Windows or Mac.

All you need to do on a Mac for an .app is right click>Show Package Contents to find the sound files you're looking for. That's literally all you have to do.

Mac was not the first PC. (Here's a quick google search for you en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_personal_computers )

TorqueScript is easier to edit actually on Windows, but it's the same coding. And, appearantly when I was a fifth grader years ago they fed us incorrect info, they said Apple made the first PC. Florida needs a computer history update.

Edit: Trace, what did you mean by using MBGE to too hue? :S
17 Apr 2013 06:23 #13
Apr 16, 2013, 11:16pm, lcf wrote:
Apr 16, 2013, 11:11pm, conor wrote:

TorqueScript is easier to edit actually on Windows, but it's the same coding. And, appearantly when I was a fifth grader years ago they fed us incorrect info, they said Apple made the first PC. Florida needs a computer history update.

Edit: Trace, what did you mean by using MBPE to too hue? :S

TorqueScript is just script. You can edit it with absolutely any word-editing software. That means it's not any easier or harder on mac, linux, or windows.

MBGE is windows only and I haven't released it yet, but it's been teased in like 4 separate threads. See if you can guess what MBGE means and what it does.

Also: TWO WORDS MAN. TWO. DO YOU GET THE HINT?
  • IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
17 Apr 2013 06:28 #14
Also why did you quote my entire post. This was completely useless. And sentences man, I don't want 1 paragraph I want to see.
sentences.
just.
like.
this.

• Thank you received: 0
17 Apr 2013 06:56 #15
Apr 16, 2013, 11:06pm, lcf wrote:The Finder is not my friend, as it doesn't like opening Marble Blast Gold's app code files.

EVERYONE LOVES PICTURES but why is this thread such a disaster. you're looking for sound files and ended up doing rocket science

right click or hold control and click on the .app and click SHOW PACKAGE CONTENTS

open the PLATINUM folder

open the beautiful DATA folder

stop slouching and open the SOUND folder

and because you're probably using 1.20 open the MUSIC folder

i don't even understand why this is a problem
  • Enigma
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
17 Apr 2013 07:10 #16
Complete and total facepalm. When searching it doesn't work, you do it manually. That is so much better. And I'm feeling even worse now, I had to ban this wiki troll until 3013 for editing every page and (lol) insulting Perishingflames and Pablo. Sorry for getting off-topic right there.
17 Apr 2013 07:14 #17
Apr 17, 2013, 12:10am, lcf wrote:
Complete and total facepalm. When searching it doesn't work, you do it manually. That is so much better. And I'm feeling even worse now, I had to ban this wiki troll until 3013 for editing every page and (lol) insulting Perishingflames and Pablo. Sorry for getting off-topic right there.

For a troll he had some pretty good points.
  • IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
17 Apr 2013 08:29 #18
LCF I asked you before, and I edited your posts now to remove the quotes. You don't need to quote everything fyi.

• Enigma
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
17 Apr 2013 22:47 #19
Apr 17, 2013, 1:29am, admin wrote:LCF I asked you before, and I edited your posts now to remove the quotes. You don't need to quote everything fyi.

Oh sorry. My phone doesn't cut text as easily as it pastes text.

Apr 16, 2013, 11:56pm, riblet15 wrote:
Apr 16, 2013, 11:06pm, lcf wrote:The Finder is not my friend, as it doesn't like opening Marble Blast Gold's app code files.

EVERYONE LOVES PICTURES but why is this thread such a disaster. you're looking for sound files and ended up doing rocket science

right click or hold control and click on the .app and click SHOW PACKAGE CONTENTS

open the PLATINUM folder

open the beautiful DATA folder

stop slouching and open the SOUND folder

and because you're probably using 1.20 open the MUSIC folder

i don't even understand why this is a problem

Riblet, you know WHY there was even a problem? MBP imports its MBG music from MBG and its MBP music comes with the download. Therefore, the files aren't in MBP but in the MBG sound folder.
18 Apr 2013 00:10 #20
If you don't understand even basic things like how to open a file in a different application I'm done here.
  • Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
  • PlatinumQuest Programmer
  • Thank you received: 205
18 Apr 2013 01:14 #21
I shall not stand by any longer.

Quote:If all else fails, HiGuy WHERe and he'll post here with sexy images.

MATAN YOU DIDN'T MENTION ME, THAT MAKES ME FEEL VERY SAD!!

Also, there is NO difference on what OS you CODE on Marble Blast. The .EXE compiles the C-Script (.cs) into bytecode upon execution, where the .DSO extension comes into play. if the CS is missing, then it just executes the .DSO file.

I am a programmer. Most here know me for being one of the major contributors to Marble Blast Platinum and PlatinumQuest.
  • Thank you received: 91
18 Apr 2013 01:19 #22
Apr 16, 2013, 11:06pm, lcf wrote:I've already tried your methods of resolving the problem. The Finder is not my friend, as it doesn't like opening Marble Blast Gold's app code files. My computer IS a dark maze of hell, and I'm considering burning it with many other things that tick me off, like the phone I'm posting on.

What gives you the idea that the problem lies in Finder? Take some responsibility for your problems and make some effort to actually solve them. Blaming the computer is really immature and it won't help you at all.

Apr 16, 2013, 11:06pm, lcf wrote:And Macbooks right-click too (lol). and this is why I started off with a Windows. Search likes searching ALL apps rather than the pre-installed ones. (Seriously, the Mac was the first PC, why bother to fix them now? Windows will pwn them with their touch-screen laptops anyways.) TorqueScript is so much easier on Windows. You can't open the mbg files other than the folders they're in and the app itself.

Literally everything you said here is either irrelevant or untrue.

Apr 16, 2013, 11:06pm, lcf wrote:So, improvising time. Umm, become a computer hacker, no. Website hacking is the best I can get, but I can edit most Scripts.

What the fuck are you talking about??
  • IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
18 Apr 2013 01:26 #23
CLICK HERE for answer.

And secondly, if you have MBP music in MBG directory, you've installed MBP wrong and I'm not going to help you on any further MBG or MBP problems due to improper installation.

• Enigma
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
18 Apr 2013 02:47 #24
Apr 17, 2013, 6:26pm, admin wrote:CLICK HERE for answer.

And secondly, if you have MBP music in MBG directory, you've installed MBP wrong and I'm not going to help you on any further MBG or MBP problems due to improper installation.

I already fixed it. I just needed VLC, it converts .ogg files to .wav files so they can be imported to iTunes. So, problem solved.
  • IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
18 Apr 2013 07:04 #25
1) How could we know you fixed it? You last posted to us, and it still shows there, that you were unable to open an ogg file extension not in the browser. I answered to you.

2) Please don't double post, you've been told that in the past and now I'm telling you to stop so as well.

• Enigma
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
22 Apr 2013 03:29 #26
lol, I just replaced all the .wav files from MBP and switched them to the MBG ones. :P Same with the start pads. :P
  • Thank you received: 15
22 Apr 2013 04:13 #27
Apr 21, 2013, 8:29pm, lcf wrote:
Apr 18, 2013, 12:04am, admin wrote:1) How could we know you fixed it? You last posted to us, and it still shows there, that you were unable to open an ogg file extension not in the browser. I answered to you.

2) Please don't double post, you've been told that in the past and now I'm telling you to stop so as well.

Sorry for #2. #1, well, that was autocheck for Mac which likes editing sentences that I type while I'm half-asleep. And, it was also supposed to be a bit retortical.

...wat. Do you have any idea how a computer works?
  • Thank you received: 91
22 Apr 2013 04:33 #28
Apr 16, 2013, 11:16pm, lcf wrote:And, appearantly when I was a fifth grader years ago they fed us incorrect info, they said Apple made the first PC. Florida needs a computer history update.

Apr 17, 2013, 3:47pm, lcf wrote:Oh sorry. My phone doesn't cut text as easily as it pastes text.

Apr 21, 2013, 8:29pm, lcf wrote:#1, well, that was autocheck for Mac which likes editing sentences that I type while I'm half-asleep

You're really good at finding faults and placing blame. Perhaps you should reevaluate your posts in a similar manner.
22 Apr 2013 07:19 #29
Always nice to make asinine comments and then blame others when you get called on your BS. Go back and fix your damn wiki.
  • Thank you received: 2
23 Apr 2013 09:17 #30
hoary cwap, what a thread! I was quite entertained. But Matan, no pr0ns allowed!

Just in case anyone is still confused about where a few particular .ogg files that contain cool musiks in them reside on the computer which runs an OS from the company of apple, here is one more tutorial for your convenience:
Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 1.112 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.