SUPPORT BOARD OVERVIEW & TIPS:

About Receiving Help from the Support Board: While all members may answer questions posted in the Support board, you should only rely on responses posted or confirmed by support moderators and website administrators. Any solutions provided by members of the community that are not verified by a staff member (as indicated by a light-green background) are provided as-is, and we cannot take responsibility for any of the results of said actions.

About Responding to Support Threads: If you feel you know the answer to a question, you are welcome to respond to the thread and politely offer assistance. Please be courteous and try to provide detailed and helpful solutions to users who may not be as advanced as you. We ask that you refrain from posting one-sentence solutions.

Please search for existing topics before creating one! It's quite likely someone else has already encountered a similar issue which was resolved. You can search for existing support threads by clicking here .

About Topic Tags:

* Topics denoted with the [OPEN] tag are awaiting a response from the end user. You are welcome to post in these threads if you are experiencing a similar issue so we may provide further support.

* Topics denoted with the [RESOLVED] title have been successfully answered and confirmed by a support moderator and the end user, and should be used as a reference. These topics are locked.

* Topics denoted with the [CLOSED] tag were either inactive for more than 30 days or the end user did not respond to a suggestion and confirm if the issue was resolved. These topics are locked.

lock [CLOSED] Reset game data

• dlma
  • dlma's Avatar Topic Author
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Thank you received: 0
15 Jul 2013 01:46 - 14 Sep 2014 15:47 #1
Is it possible to reset the game so you can start over? After launching mission fixer, it broke the game, made achievements 200% and still not unlocked, doubled times, easter eggs, so is there a way I can reset the game?
Last edit: 14 Sep 2014 15:47 by Aayrl.
The topic has been locked.
  • whirligig
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 261
15 Jul 2013 04:01 #2
It shouldn't do that. But recommended actions are NOT deleting the MarbleBlast/ folder or prefs, but are deleting/removing the data/ in the Library/MarbleBlast/platinum/ folder. NOT in the game bundle. Or you can pick through said data folder, remove the folders that don't say exactly missions and check in each folder looking for evidence of duplication or something that says similar to copy. Did you run the mission fixer twice, by chance?
  • whirligig
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 261
16 Jul 2013 17:53 #3
Deleting platinum/data/ won't remove his best times, controls, etc. That would be platinum/client/MBPprefs.cs.
  • Thank you received: 368
16 Jul 2013 19:12 #4
I was assuming that the data files were causing the invalid information, and that removing them would make the game behave normally. I didn't want him to lose his times, so i didn't mention that. However, if he would be able to zip and upload his MarbleBlast folder (or his console.log), it would prove useful. Uploading the MarbleBlast folder would require a file hosting service, though.
17 Jul 2013 04:12 #5
I made a very simple shell script which should clean up your files and such, and hopefully will restore your game to the previous state. It will remove the fixed levels made by the Mission fixer. It will not modify the MarbleBlast application itself. After it is downloaded, double-click the file, where it will launch the command in an informative command window, where it will quickly do its work. When it is completed, close the window and upload it to the forums by clicking Reply at the bottom-right corner of this post and choosing the file as your attachment.

Don't download below, won't work without chmod. (change mode)
  • dlma
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
17 Jul 2013 14:17 #6
It won't let me open it, it says I do not have access, when I opened it in Finder and clicked get info, it said that I have access.
  • dlma
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
17 Jul 2013 15:37 #7
Try using this one. Unarchive it first, and double-click. It may have to do with newer OSX restrictions, but I can't check for myself without being there.
19 Jul 2013 04:52 #8
Hi There, dlma.

Have you run Pro Marbler's utility? Did running Pro Marbler's utility resolve your issue?

~Aayrl
  • dlma
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
19 Jul 2013 19:31 #9
I'm assuming he has, for he has been active after the post, but I did ask for him to post some helpful info, so I can figure out why his game did as it did. Aaryl, if you have a Mac w/ MB, could you run the missionfixer script then the above zip after you play a few levels, and attach the result if you can? That may be helpful. Mostly to make sure it does its job. (Actually, anyone.)
19 Jul 2013 21:24 #10
I ran your utility on a regular Marble Blast Gold install on a Mac OSX 10.6.3 physical machine at my office (since VMs are illegal, stupid Apple.) I did not notice anything out of the ordinary, and the script appears to have worked properly. I am not however able to provide any logs since I forgot to snag them.

I would still like some other, more prominent Mac users to please test this utility before I mark the thread as resolved, just to ensure there are no issues with the script.

~Aayrl
  • dlma
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
19 Jul 2013 21:29 #11
It should leave a file called MBInfo.zip on the desktop, which snags a copy the log and game prefs files, as well as some directory information that list files present and such.

EDIT: I was actually talking about Jeff's missionFix.cs, running it then running the utility I attached.
19 Jul 2013 21:35 #12
Sorry, guess I should've specified that I did in fact run Jeff's Mission fixer and -then- your utility, which yielded positive results. There were logs on the desktop, but I didn't snag them at the time. They're probably still there, oh well, lovely little surprise for whoever sits down Monday.

~Aayrl
  • dlma
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
21 Jul 2013 22:09 #13
Here it is.
  • dlma
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
21 Jul 2013 22:19 #14
I did the mission fixer and it created copies of the levels again and the level Reflux works when I play it, the pistons are there. When I use the Fixer command to get rid of the copies, the pistons are not there.
  • dlma
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
22 Jul 2013 17:36 #15
Every script in marble blast has .cs and .dso at the end.
  • Thank you received: 123
23 Jul 2013 00:28 #16
Those files are just the source and byte-compiled code, the game first compiles the script (the .cs), then loads the compiled script into game memory. (the .dso) The .dso is byte-compiled making it initialize faster by being in machine-code.

That aside, have you ever modified any parts of the game code directly, as in editing/moving files, even if you didn't know what you were doing? In the console log, the one thing that I noticed overall was the parsing arguments, which, unlike mine, differed

Mine:
Parsing Arguments
Version 1.20

Yours lacked the version below that so that no arguments were printed.

All files that were/weren't loaded matched mine, so the required scripts are there. (So it seems.) It remained similar until just before the engine initialized. Some of these issues may be OS version-specific, but regardless, they should be noted.

I apparently have a bunch of Set::... output in my log. Repetitions are numbered left and overall include this (not in order, sorted)
Code: 2 Set::add: Object OptGraphicsTab doesn't exist
12 Set::add: Object PM_TabAdvanced doesn't exist
4 Set::add: Object PM_TabBeginner doesn't exist
24 Set::add: Object PM_TabButtons doesn't exist
24 Set::add: Object PM_TabButtons2 doesn't exist
4 Set::add: Object PM_TabExpert doesn't exist
4 Set::add: Object PM_TabIntermediate doesn't exist
38 Set::getObject index out of range.

Yours differs, but does instead include
Code: 9 Set::add: Object %missionInfoObject = new ScriptObject() { UltimateTime = 2875; name = Jumping Marble; time = 0; startHelpText = Press <func:bind jump> to jump!; desc = This level teaches the beginner marble how to jump.; author = HiGuy; level = 2; type = Beginner; goldTime = 3000; }; doesn't exist
1 Set::getObject index out of range.

While intriguing, it also appears you may have edited the Mission Template unintentionally:
Code:*** LOADING MISSION: platinum/data/missions/MissionTemplate.mis
*** Stage 1 load
*** Stage 2 load
Executing platinum/data/missions/MissionTemplate.mis.
platinum/data/missions/MissionTemplate.mis Line: 464 - Syntax error.
>>> Advanced script error report. Line 927.
>>> Some error context, with ## on sides of error halt:
showTerrainInside = 0;

};

new Trigger(Diamonds and ##t##ime modifiers) {

position = -216.43 -120.518 -267.416;

>>> Error report complete.

No 'MissionGroup' found in mission .
Connect request from:
Connection established 6171
CADD: 6172 local

I've also noted the differing (internal) connection requests, such as the blank one above, as well as some other differing ones. Mine always looks like this:
Code: 3 Connect request from: Test Guy

(3 being one occurrence for each mission.)
Yours, however, is odd, and looks like this:
Code: 2 Connect request from:
1 Connect request from: 0ø
1 Connect request from: pQ©^
1 Connect request from: –çV
1 Connect request from: ‡d\
1 Connect request from: /Z

(Last one has an apple logo icon preceding /Z)
Another thing that I noticed that seemed quite odd was the inclusion of this in your log:
Code: 1 DNS lookup failed: platinum.philsempire.com

This suggests that either you have a stringent firewall blocking connections, your game has incomplete code, or your internet/router is down or not looking up the DNS server correctly. Or the site just happened to be down, but I doubt it.
Some more oddities:
Code:Object 'RedFireWorkExplosion' is not a member of the 'GameBaseData' data block class
platinum/server/scripts/fireworks.cs (418): Register object failed for object (null).
platinum/server/scripts/fireworks.cs (419): Unable to find object: 'FireWorks' attempting to call function 'add'
Object 'BlueFireWorkExplosion' is not a member of the 'GameBaseData' data block class
platinum/server/scripts/fireworks.cs (418): Register object failed for object (null).
platinum/server/scripts/fireworks.cs (419): Unable to find object: 'FireWorks' attempting to call function 'add'

This suggests that either the MBP team failed to include that script, or you somehow managed to remove it from the game out of where it belongs.
More:
Code:enableSavePrefs: Unknown command.

That is also peculiar, as I do not have this message, and appears sometime during execution of the mission template. However it should be noted that I didn't attempt to run the template, as I had no reason at the time; I may do so later, however. And because of that, some messages may appear during execution of that file, that I haven't seen. It could also be the source of the issue involving recent data not saving, as I have observed during a support topic some lengthy time ago.

On moving platforms:
Code: 1 platinum/data/missions/Levels M-Z/RedRush.mis (0): Register object failed for object MustChange.
41 platinum/data/missions/Levels M-Z/Reflux.mis (0): Register object failed for object MustChange.
3 platinum/data/missions/Levels M-Z/Velocity.mis (0): Register object failed for object MustChange.

This is why MP's will not work in the game. You must edit the .mis files manually with Textedit, by changing the path to that of which is specified in Jeff's MissionFix script. Not the game's fault there. Usually occurs in MP's but can occur in stationary ones, too.

Back to some more oddities:
Code: 120 platinum/client/ui/playMissionGui.gui (593): Unable to find function devecho
120 platinum/client/ui/playMissionGui.gui (595): Unable to find function devecho
10 platinum/client/ui/playMissionGui.gui (666): Unable to find function devecho

Noting the repetition count, each large group alternates between the first two, and normally ends with the third. Each time it spits out that output (which I don't get), it is immediately followed by:
Code:Syntax error in input.

It seems to coincide with loading/leaving a level, which I cannot explain why it would do that, but it may be game version or OSX version. Maybe something in the main.cs? Or perhaps a script that runs when switching GUI's.

Finally, you seem to have decided to switch marbles at some point, which loaded each marble into memory. Not important, just noting.

And most of all, I found this, common among both:
Code:Marble:: Unkonwn marble mode: end

That... is simply unacceptable!

That is all for now; will most likely experiment and verify some more later on and edit this post to justify future findings. This only includes all that I found notable at the time, but I may have missed something, so keep an eye out. This is purely informational, but if you ever find anything useful from this, let us know. I would greatly appreciate if any of the coders for MBP and whatnot would comment/evaluate/explore on this, it would be very helpful. Sorry if I may have used a lot of code tags, just wanted to keep neatness and emphasis, but still could be improved.

I used sort and uniq -c, which gave a nice, sorted count repeating lines out of the whole in each of the logs, which is why some have numbers before the text. Quoted log bits will not have these.

Much more is to be discovered! Thanks for your cooperation so far. As I said, please reply! And please keep the topic open.

Will end this for now.
  • IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
23 Jul 2013 01:09 #17
All you need to do to reset game data is look up at mbpprefs.cs . To delete all times: remove all highscores prefs. To undo qualified levels, look for Qualify/qualified prefs. You don't need any script whatsoever to do this.

Jul 22, 2013, 5:28pm, Promarbler bananas wrote:That aside, have you ever modified any parts of the game code directly, as in editing/moving files, even if you didn't know what you were doing? In the console log, the one thing that I noticed overall was the parsing arguments, which, unlike mine, differed

Mine:
Parsing Arguments
Version 1.20

Yours lacked the version below that so that no arguments were printed.

All files that were/weren't loaded matched mine, so the required scripts are there. (So it seems.) It remained similar until just before the engine initialized. Some of these issues may be OS version-specific, but regardless, they should be noted. Lack of that parsing argument of version 1.20 means he modified platinum/main.cs where it specifically indicates this to be echoed.

Jul 22, 2013, 5:28pm, Promarbler bananas wrote:Yours differs, but does instead include
Code: 9 Set::add: Object %missionInfoObject = new ScriptObject() { UltimateTime = 2875; name = Jumping Marble; time = 0; startHelpText = Press <func:bind jump> to jump!; desc = This level teaches the beginner marble how to jump.; author = HiGuy; level = 2; type = Beginner; goldTime = 3000; }; doesn't exist
1 Set::getObject index out of range.
Basically a bad MissionInfo and that needs to be fixed.

Jul 22, 2013, 5:28pm, Promarbler bananas wrote:While intriguing, it also appears you may have edited the Mission Template unintentionally:
Code:*** LOADING MISSION: platinum/data/missions/MissionTemplate.mis
*** Stage 1 load
*** Stage 2 load
Executing platinum/data/missions/MissionTemplate.mis.
platinum/data/missions/MissionTemplate.mis Line: 464 - Syntax error.
>>> Advanced script error report. Line 927.
>>> Some error context, with ## on sides of error halt:
showTerrainInside = 0;

};

new Trigger(Diamonds and ##t##ime modifiers) {

position = -216.43 -120.518 -267.416;

>>> Error report complete.

No 'MissionGroup' found in mission .
Connect request from:
Connection established 6171
CADD: 6172 local
trigger has a space in the name. Marble Blast HATES that. Remove all spaces. I cannot recall whether MB likes numbers or not.

Jul 22, 2013, 5:28pm, Promarbler bananas wrote:I've also noted the differing (internal) connection requests, such as the blank one above, as well as some other differing ones. Mine always looks like this:
Code: 3 Connect request from: Test Guy

(3 being one occurrence for each mission.)
Yours, however, is odd, and looks like this:
Code: 2 Connect request from:
1 Connect request from: 0ø
1 Connect request from: pQ©^
1 Connect request from: –çV
1 Connect request from: ‡d\
1 Connect request from: /Z

(Last one has an apple logo icon preceding /Z)Did he add multiplayer or something or screwed around with his prefs.cs files or some script he shouldn't have.

Jul 22, 2013, 5:28pm, Promarbler bananas wrote:Another thing that I noticed that seemed quite odd was the inclusion of this in your log:
Code: 1 DNS lookup failed: platinum.philsempire.com

This suggests that either you have a stringent firewall blocking connections, your game has incomplete code, or your internet/router is down or not looking up the DNS server correctly. Or the site just happened to be down, but I doubt it.I lol'd here. I would suggest a reinstall.

Jul 22, 2013, 5:28pm, Promarbler bananas wrote:Some more oddities:
Code:Object 'RedFireWorkExplosion' is not a member of the 'GameBaseData' data block class
Object 'BlueFireWorkExplosion' is not a member of the 'GameBaseData' data block class

This suggests that either the MBP team failed to include that script, or you somehow managed to remove it from the game out of where it belongs. We didn't fail, he must have screwed around with the scripts at this stage.

Jul 22, 2013, 5:28pm, Promarbler bananas wrote:More:
Code:enableSavePrefs: Unknown command.

That is also peculiar, as I do not have this message, and appears sometime during execution of the mission template. However it should be noted that I didn't attempt to run the template, as I had no reason at the time; I may do so later, however. And because of that, some messages may appear during execution of that file, that I haven't seen. It could also be the source of the issue involving recent data not saving, as I have observed during a support topic some lengthy time ago. Simple unknown command means he screwed around with the script that hosts that (and removed command) by either editing it or replacing it with his own script, and that means his own new script doesn't have the enableSavePrefs command/function required. If Phil has modified the script for some reason and removed it, then blame Phil lol.

Jul 22, 2013, 5:28pm, Promarbler bananas wrote:On moving platforms:
Code: 1 platinum/data/missions/Levels M-Z/RedRush.mis (0): Register object failed for object MustChange.
41 platinum/data/missions/Levels M-Z/Reflux.mis (0): Register object failed for object MustChange.
3 platinum/data/missions/Levels M-Z/Velocity.mis (0): Register object failed for object MustChange.

This is why MP's will not work in the game. You must edit the .mis files manually with Textedit, by changing the path to that of which is specified in Jeff's MissionFix script. Not the game's fault there. Usually occurs in MP's but can occur in stationary ones, too. lol fail from him.

Jul 22, 2013, 5:28pm, Promarbler bananas wrote:Back to some more oddities:
Code: 120 platinum/client/ui/playMissionGui.gui (593): Unable to find function devecho
120 platinum/client/ui/playMissionGui.gui (595): Unable to find function devecho
10 platinum/client/ui/playMissionGui.gui (666): Unable to find function devecho

Noting the repetition count, each large group alternates between the first two, and normally ends with the third. Each time it spits out that output (which I don't get), it is immediately followed by:
Code:Syntax error in input.

It seems to coincide with loading/leaving a level, which I cannot explain why it would do that, but it may be game version or OSX version. Maybe something in the main.cs? Or perhaps a script that runs when switching GUI's.

Finally, you seem to have decided to switch marbles at some point, which loaded each marble into memory. Not important, just noting. Meaning it cannot find the devecho function which is basically to echo stuff in developer mode. It probably got modified (again) with something that makes no sense for the game so it gives errors instead.

Jul 22, 2013, 5:28pm, Promarbler bananas wrote:And most of all, I found this, common among both:
Code:Marble:: Unkonwn marble mode: end

That... is simply unacceptable! He screwed around further with the scripts here.

Jul 22, 2013, 5:28pm, Promarbler bananas wrote:That is all for now; will most likely experiment and verify some more later on and edit this post to justify future findings. This only includes all that I found notable at the time, but I may have missed something, so keep an eye out. This is purely informational, but if you ever find anything useful from this, let us know. I would greatly appreciate if any of the coders for MBP and whatnot would comment/evaluate/explore on this, it would be very helpful. Sorry if I may have used a lot of code tags, just wanted to keep neatness and emphasis, but still could be improved.

I used sort and uniq -c, which gave a nice, sorted count repeating lines out of the whole in each of the logs, which is why some have numbers before the text. Quoted log bits will not have these.

Much more is to be discovered! Thanks for your cooperation so far. As I said, please reply! And please keep the topic open.

Will end this for now. That's okay by me. He basically just screwed around with MBP 1.20 game data and replaced scripts with his own and whatnot so now it completely messed up on him.
If he wants MBP 1.20 to original state he'd have to reinstall it completely, manually edit the preferences files and remove highscores data for example, and delete it from the library.
If he made a mod over mbp 1.20 (which I've seen around YouTube) we cannot support him because we don't have any of the scripts he injected into MBP.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.
23 Jul 2013 01:29 #18
Quote:And most of all, I found this, common among both:
Code:
Marble:: Unkonwn marble mode: end

That... is simply unacceptable!

Heh, I was commenting on the typo in the game code, which both he and I had in my game log.

Oh, and my script was just to move out the levels in Library/MarbleBlast/platinum/data/ to the desktop and collect some basic info and the console.log, prefs.

I knew how to reset his data, but I was trying to be thoughtful and fix his game without having to reset it. But from the looks of it he may need to archive his old one and install a new one.
  • dlma
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
23 Jul 2013 06:41 #19
I did edit some of the files indirectly by taking them out and reinserting them back, I have both CLA level packs on the game, possible overload of the game? I used the MBP fixer that Pro gave me to use.
24 Jul 2013 22:59 #20
It's possible that with your shuffling you unintentionally swapped some files (like client/ to server/) with similarly named files, so that the game would find the right names, but with the wrong data. Like the main.cs.dso files, they are different in size, but of the same name. But first I have to get some additional info. Attach the resulting file, it should be called MB_ANALYSIS.zip.

Here is the script, put it in the same folder as Marbleblast.app, as in adjacent to the game:
24 Jul 2013 23:02 #21
Oops, forgot it strips Access Controls...

Unpack and use this:
06 Aug 2013 22:48 #22
Hello dlma.

How did you resolve your issue? Did you reinstall the game? If so, did it resolve your issue? Does running Jeff's missionFix.cs utility work properly for your game?

~ProMarbler
  • dlma
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
07 Aug 2013 03:44 #23
Reinstalling the game doesn't work, when I open the game after it been reinstalled, copies of levels are still there. Missionfix.cs makes copies of the levels, but it makes the moving platforms in the levels work.
07 Aug 2013 05:28 #24
Have you made sure you aren't running the old installation of the game, as supposed to the new one? Make sure that you are not installing over the old install of the game, and that you are not using an old shortcut/alias/link, as they may point to an old install of the game (assuming you kept the old copy). Instead, open the game directly at where it is located, to check to see if that is the problem. If you really want to make sure you're installing the newest version, redownload the latest installer at www.philsempire.com .

Also, I had a previous request that I would still like to be done. Download and run the file that is three posts above this, following my instructions in the post before it. Make sure you upload the resulting zip file. An analysis of both installs and your install of MarbleBlast Gold would really help. (You'd probably have to upload them separate, as they'd probably be too large to upload together.) If you unzip the zips for each and put the folders in a new folder, and zip that up (Create Archive), it may be small enough to upload.

And finally, if you want to make sure all settings are reset, remove the entire MarbleBlast folder from the user Library folder (remember that you open it with the Go to folder... box from the menu). If you want to preserve your times, just keep the MarbleBlast folder in a place other than Library so that you can copy your MBPprefs.cs file back into the platinum/client folder, after you opened the game again (and quit it), making sure you remove the .dso's. Also, not running MarbleBlast Gold would help, unless you have some inexcusable reason to only play the levels in MBG. MBP has those levels and all the things you need of MBG, and then some. It's unlikely that there is a conflict, especially with 1.20, but there is always a possibility.

One thing that really occurred to me while typing this is your MarbleBlast Gold. Did you ever, by chance, edit or move certain files around in [/i]MarbleBlast Gold,[/i] at all? If your MBG installation has been altered, it would explain why a reinstall of MBP didn't help. If that is the case, then unless you have another copy of MarbleBlast Gold that you have that you know works, then you would ave to redownload/reinstall.
  • dlma
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
07 Aug 2013 17:50 #25
I got the MBG analyzed, but I can't get MBP analyzed.
07 Aug 2013 18:51 #26
Oh, it's probably because it's trying to save in the same location for each analysis. Rename the .zip file and MB folder to something else (like MBG and MBGANALYSIS.zip) OR make a new folder and put both file + folder in it. It will recreate the files for each run. The .zip file may update it's contents, so anaylize MarbleBlast Gold AGAIN and then upload the .zip, BEFORE analyzing your MBP.

OR open the command in TextEdit (drag and drop onto icon in Dock), and replace each occurrence of MBANALYSIS to MBANALYSISMBG or MBP or anything that doesn't have spaces or anything not a letter or number.
Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.957 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.