SUPPORT BOARD OVERVIEW & TIPS:

About Receiving Help from the Support Board: While all members may answer questions posted in the Support board, you should only rely on responses posted or confirmed by support moderators and website administrators. Any solutions provided by members of the community that are not verified by a staff member (as indicated by a light-green background) are provided as-is, and we cannot take responsibility for any of the results of said actions.

About Responding to Support Threads: If you feel you know the answer to a question, you are welcome to respond to the thread and politely offer assistance. Please be courteous and try to provide detailed and helpful solutions to users who may not be as advanced as you. We ask that you refrain from posting one-sentence solutions.

Please search for existing topics before creating one! It's quite likely someone else has already encountered a similar issue which was resolved. You can search for existing support threads by clicking here .

About Topic Tags:

* Topics denoted with the [OPEN] tag are awaiting a response from the end user. You are welcome to post in these threads if you are experiencing a similar issue so we may provide further support.

* Topics denoted with the [RESOLVED] title have been successfully answered and confirmed by a support moderator and the end user, and should be used as a reference. These topics are locked.

* Topics denoted with the [CLOSED] tag were either inactive for more than 30 days or the end user did not respond to a suggestion and confirm if the issue was resolved. These topics are locked.

lock [CLOSED] Constructor error: Malformed brushes and textures

• Emil
  • Emil's Avatar Topic Author
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Thank you received: 0
26 May 2013 23:38 - 14 Sep 2014 15:45 #1
I am having a problem with constructor. I made part of my level in constructor in the default form (.csx). Everything works perfectly. All of the textures show up, I made some trees with pyramids, they show up, everything is fine. However, when I save this as a .map for conversion, and try to reopen it, it has two very big problems. (when I first save it, everything is fine. When I try to reopen it, I get the errors.)

1:
The first thing when I try to open it, and I see this And all of the tree tops are missing. I made these trees very simple, just small pyramids with rectangles sticking out of the bottom. But none of the tree tops show up.

2:
This problem is more serious. I click ok on the malform message, and it opens, but another message pops up that says
None of the textures work. They're just solid colors which all look very similar.

This is an extremely annoying problem. Although I rarely get the malformed brushes problem, I get the texture problem every time I try to create a .map and reopen it, and when I try to convert them, none of the textures show up. Does anyone know how to fix this?
Last edit: 14 Sep 2014 15:45 by Aayrl.
The topic has been locked.
  • IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
27 May 2013 02:05 #2
PF might be able to help you with the textures, but for the triangle tops it's actually a known problem since 2008.

CSX -> MAP will preserve the triangles, but MAP itself will be unable to open the triangles whatsoever. We highly recommend users to add triangles as the LAST THING in their maps since it WILL get malformed brushes when re-opening the MAP file. As such, use CSX and when you're ready to convert to MAP, only then add the tops and convert to DIF.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.
  • Emil
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
27 May 2013 02:11 #3
Also, when I am trying to convert it (just to see what happens) map2dif says there was a fatal error. I am using the mac map2dif from Higuy's website.
  • Perishingflames
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Thank you received: 21
27 May 2013 06:10 #4
Only thing I can think of about the textures is embed album name setting. Make sure it is enabled/checked in Constructor System-Preferences-Quick Prefs-MapSaving section. Converting, the textures not showing up is a puzzle to me, but if it converted without throwing an error that the texture could not be found that's a green light that everything should be fine, unless MB doesn't have access to the texture (make sure they're in interiors folder if custom textures).

If that didn't help, post the map here, that should give a clue.
  • Emil
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
02 Jun 2013 06:23 #5
Can I get someone to try to convert the map for me it says that there was a fatal error. I was able to fix the texture thing, but map2dif won't convert. I have the trees in the level, and I have a small slope I made, but other than that I see no reason why it won't work.
Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.622 seconds