SUPPORT BOARD OVERVIEW & TIPS:

About Receiving Help from the Support Board: While all members may answer questions posted in the Support board, you should only rely on responses posted or confirmed by support moderators and website administrators. Any solutions provided by members of the community that are not verified by a staff member (as indicated by a light-green background) are provided as-is, and we cannot take responsibility for any of the results of said actions.

About Responding to Support Threads: If you feel you know the answer to a question, you are welcome to respond to the thread and politely offer assistance. Please be courteous and try to provide detailed and helpful solutions to users who may not be as advanced as you. We ask that you refrain from posting one-sentence solutions.

Please search for existing topics before creating one! It's quite likely someone else has already encountered a similar issue which was resolved. You can search for existing support threads by clicking here .

About Topic Tags:

* Topics denoted with the [OPEN] tag are awaiting a response from the end user. You are welcome to post in these threads if you are experiencing a similar issue so we may provide further support.

* Topics denoted with the [RESOLVED] title have been successfully answered and confirmed by a support moderator and the end user, and should be used as a reference. These topics are locked.

* Topics denoted with the [CLOSED] tag were either inactive for more than 30 days or the end user did not respond to a suggestion and confirm if the issue was resolved. These topics are locked.

lock [RESOLVED] Cant log on to MBP 1.50?

• MBKid
  • MBKid's Avatar Topic Author
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • XXXquickscoperXXX
  • Thank you received: 35
26 May 2014 15:22 - 14 Sep 2014 16:12 #1
Hey I can't log on to mbp 1.50 Leaderboards? I think the reason is that I changed my marble from the colored stripes to the 3D marble. So it says "Redundancy Error file changed platinum beta/data/shapes/3Dmarble dts. Someone please help?

I played marble blast
Last edit: 14 Sep 2014 16:12 by Aayrl.
The topic has been locked.
  • Thank you received: 123
26 May 2014 16:07 #2
This bug has happened before, and I don't know the exact cause. However, I'd recommend changing your marble back to the rainbow marble, try to log in, then change in to one of the marbles there.
  • MBKid
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • XXXquickscoperXXX
26 May 2014 16:47 #3
Hmm, I changed the marble in the "Leaderboards" section. So I can't log on because of the redundancy error?

I played marble blast
  • StewMan46
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 46
26 May 2014 18:37 #4
You need to change the marble in the offline section. This is what causes the redundancy error because the leaderboards doesn't read this file and thinks the file is broken.
  • HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
  • Thank you received: 604
26 May 2014 20:55 #5
It's caused by a super pissy bug that makes the game "forget" the crc of your selected marble. Not exactly sure how to fix it right now, but until then just select another marble.

This signature is real code
Code:
function clientcmd12dothepq() { commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor'); }
  • MBKid
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • XXXquickscoperXXX
27 May 2014 00:59 #6
So I can't go online 'till then?

I played marble blast
  • IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
27 May 2014 14:59 #7
We'll repeat this again:

CHOOSE A DIFFERENT MARBLE OFFLINE (not online!), e.g. the DEFAULT MARBLE and it will let you online.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.
  • MBKid
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • XXXquickscoperXXX
27 May 2014 15:37 - 28 May 2014 04:35 #8
This isn't working?? Okay, I'm sorry for posting about this again but I have tried everything. I've deleted every Marble Blast file from my computer and tried to start fresh, but I still get the error message about the '3DMarble' file.

I've tried changing my marble offline. My dad has tried to help me too and I just can't get the leader board to work.

Does anybody have a suggestion now? Maybe a way to make sure I am starting from scratch?

I played marble blast
Last edit: 28 May 2014 04:35 by MBKid. Reason: To clarify that I did change the marble offline.
  • HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
27 May 2014 22:55 #9
Although this is fixed in RC1, that won't help you here.

Can you try deleting your leaderboards prefs file (no scores should be lost). It will be located in <user home folder>/Library/MarbleBlast/platinumbeta/client/ and will be called lbprefs.cs/lbprefs.cs.dso. Delete both these files (remember to close the game first), and try again. It might clear your saved username/password, but it should clear your marble choice as well.

Code:
function clientcmd12dothepq() { commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor'); }
  • MBKid
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • XXXquickscoperXXX
28 May 2014 04:07 - 28 May 2014 04:46 #10
I don't have an 'lbprefs.cs' file.

I don't see a 'Library/' either, although I do have 'platinumbeta/client', but there is no 'lbprefs.cs/lbprefs.cs.dso' in there. Do you know why?

Also I am using Mac.

I played marble blast
Last edit: 28 May 2014 04:46 by MBKid. Reason: To clarify my operating system.
28 May 2014 10:23 #11
If it's newer than my Mac, the Library folder will most certainly be hidden. In your home folder, you will need to "go to folder" from the Finder's Go menu. There was something about holding the shift key, but I cannot recall exactly how. Typing "Library" or ".Library should work.
  • MBKid
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • XXXquickscoperXXX
28 May 2014 23:25 #12
Okay, getting closer. We found the Library folder with the 'lbprefs.cs' and 'lbprefs.cs.dso' and deleted them.

However, we are getting the same error when we try to go online. Also, right when we click 'Leaderboards' to go online, Marble Blast puts 'lbprefs.cs' right back in the folder from which we deleted it!

Any suggestions for next steps? Sorry to stretch this thread out so long but it is tough not to be able to do multiplayer!

I played marble blast
29 May 2014 09:34 #13
Every time you try to log in to the leaderboards, those files will regenerate themselves. It seems that those files are not the problem. Try renaming the Library's MarbleBlast folder to something like MarbleBlast_old (don't delete it), and reopen MBP. This should generate all-new configuration for MBP, so it'll seem like the first run. Try to log in. If the error is gone, then the issue is in your settings. If it persists, then the issue is in the server.

To get your settings back, just rename MarbleBlast_old back to MarbleBlast. You will need to remove the new file, first.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MBKid
  • Anonymous
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
29 May 2014 09:51 #14
Select a marble offline that is a plain shape and size like the default marble. Then you will be able to log in.
29 May 2014 18:45 - 29 May 2014 18:46 #15
This was already suggested in the topic, and didn't work. Please read through the topic before posting.

Also, what happened to approval? Don't guests also have to be approved first?
Last edit: 29 May 2014 18:46 by ProMarbler.
  • HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
29 May 2014 19:24 - 29 May 2014 19:47 #16
Something something I don't know about posting stuff

Code:
Last edit: 29 May 2014 19:47 by HiGuy.
  • MBKid
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • XXXquickscoperXXX
29 May 2014 23:33 #17
THANK YOU!

It worked, it worked, I am so happy!

I played marble blast
Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 1.032 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.