SUPPORT BOARD OVERVIEW & TIPS:

About Receiving Help from the Support Board: While all members may answer questions posted in the Support board, you should only rely on responses posted or confirmed by support moderators and website administrators. Any solutions provided by members of the community that are not verified by a staff member (as indicated by a light-green background) are provided as-is, and we cannot take responsibility for any of the results of said actions.

About Responding to Support Threads: If you feel you know the answer to a question, you are welcome to respond to the thread and politely offer assistance. Please be courteous and try to provide detailed and helpful solutions to users who may not be as advanced as you. We ask that you refrain from posting one-sentence solutions.

Please search for existing topics before creating one! It's quite likely someone else has already encountered a similar issue which was resolved. You can search for existing support threads by clicking here .

About Topic Tags:

* Topics denoted with the [OPEN] tag are awaiting a response from the end user. You are welcome to post in these threads if you are experiencing a similar issue so we may provide further support.

* Topics denoted with the [RESOLVED] title have been successfully answered and confirmed by a support moderator and the end user, and should be used as a reference. These topics are locked.

* Topics denoted with the [CLOSED] tag were either inactive for more than 30 days or the end user did not respond to a suggestion and confirm if the issue was resolved. These topics are locked.

lock [RESOLVED] Registering Problems

• Anonymous
  • Anonymous's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
27 Nov 2014 21:16 - 28 Nov 2014 20:46 #1
So I'm trying to register an account for the forums and I always get a blank screen except for a text saying "Could not open socket" in the top left corner after filling out all the required information. I'm not sure if this is a maintenance thing (because it's certainly not November 29, Pacific Time Zone) or just a part of the website that's having problems or something else than that. Any suggestions? Maybe restarting my computer?
Last edit: 28 Nov 2014 20:46 by HiGuy.
The topic has been locked.
  • Thank you received: 123
27 Nov 2014 22:32 #2
Probably not the best place for this topic, but not wrong, I suppose... Okay.

You said you were using the website? What browser + version were you using? Perhaps a general physical world location would help, in case it's an ISP-caused issue.

Do you have the latest launcher/version of MBP? If so, then try this. Open MBP. Enter online. When prompted to login, choose to create an account, and see if that way works. Since website and leaderboards (MBP online) accounts are linked and essentially the same thing, this should enable you to make your forum account if it really is just a browser issue. Since you're dual-booting Windows, make sure that your firewall is not blocking the process. When in the login area, also open the console by pressing the tilde key ( ` or ~ ), and then click Debug and Trace, ensuring they are enabled. Then, if the process fails, quit MBP and go to where MBP is located. Retrieve the console.log file and zip, upload it, or if you cannot do that, go to the pastebin website and copy/paste the contents there, and post the link to the paste here when you post.

Can you read my blob of text? Okay. No? Yell at me to clarify, then.

~PM
  • HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
  • Thank you received: 604
28 Nov 2014 01:53 #3
Just checked and it looks like there's an error with the CAPTCHA. I'll try to fix this as soon as possible, but it might take a bit.

This signature is real code
Code:
function clientcmd12dothepq() { commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor'); }
  • Reply's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
28 Nov 2014 02:38 #4
Thank you. :)
  • HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
28 Nov 2014 17:17 #5
Fixed it -- it was an issue with our site resolving DNS (it couldn't find RECAPTCHA, so it failed).
Let me know if you have any further issues.

-HiGuy

Code:
function clientcmd12dothepq() { commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor'); }
  • Nockess
  • Respected Marbler
  • Respected Marbler
  • Cheater Supreme
  • Thank you received: 786
28 Nov 2014 20:12 #6
Thank you for fixing the registration page. I have now completely registered for the MB forums now. :)

Call me Chris!

Discord: Nockess#4107
YouTube: www.youtube.com/Nockess
Custom Levels: marbleland.vaniverse.io/profile/5
  • HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
28 Nov 2014 20:45 - 28 Nov 2014 20:46 #7
Good to hear. Marking this as resolved.

Code:
Last edit: 28 Nov 2014 20:46 by HiGuy. Reason: *
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nockess
Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.789 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.