SUPPORT BOARD OVERVIEW & TIPS:

About Receiving Help from the Support Board: While all members may answer questions posted in the Support board, you should only rely on responses posted or confirmed by support moderators and website administrators. Any solutions provided by members of the community that are not verified by a staff member (as indicated by a light-green background) are provided as-is, and we cannot take responsibility for any of the results of said actions.

About Responding to Support Threads: If you feel you know the answer to a question, you are welcome to respond to the thread and politely offer assistance. Please be courteous and try to provide detailed and helpful solutions to users who may not be as advanced as you. We ask that you refrain from posting one-sentence solutions.

Please search for existing topics before creating one! It's quite likely someone else has already encountered a similar issue which was resolved. You can search for existing support threads by clicking here .

About Topic Tags:

* Topics denoted with the [OPEN] tag are awaiting a response from the end user. You are welcome to post in these threads if you are experiencing a similar issue so we may provide further support.

* Topics denoted with the [RESOLVED] title have been successfully answered and confirmed by a support moderator and the end user, and should be used as a reference. These topics are locked.

* Topics denoted with the [CLOSED] tag were either inactive for more than 30 days or the end user did not respond to a suggestion and confirm if the issue was resolved. These topics are locked.

lock [RESOLVED] Marble Blast Gold FullScreen problem?

• Lichable
  • Lichable's Avatar Topic Author
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Thank you received: 11
04 Dec 2014 12:09 - 04 Dec 2014 12:13 #1
Hey guys

Since 1 week I'm having problems with my Marble Blast Gold app from the forum (Note : I don't have anymore the Macgamestore app). Indeed, when I launch Marble Blast Gold, here's what I get :

(don't know why but the picture don't wanna get here)

As you can see, the game launch but nothing happens I don't see anything exept my desktop, I can just hear the Theme song of the menue.

Here's what I tried :

Going to "Show package content/Marble/Client/Pref.Cs" and go down to fullscreen and put "0". Nothing changed.
I also did the same path on the library but it didn't work too, so that's why I need your help guys!

Thanks
Last edit: 04 Dec 2014 12:13 by Lichable. Reason: the picture didnt work
The topic has been locked.
  • Thank you received: 368
04 Dec 2014 13:55 - 04 Dec 2014 13:57 #2
Hey there,

This sounds like it may be related to the default video driver that's toggled in the preferences file for the copy you've downloaded. Try opening your prefs.cs file ( located in Marble Blast Gold \ marble \ client \ prefs.cs on Windows ) and open the script file using a text editor - the built in Windows Notepad or Mac Text Editor should work fine.

Change:
Code:
$pref::Video::Resolution = "1280 1040 32";
To:
Code:
$pref::Video::Resolution = "800 600 32";

If that doesn't help, locate the lines of code listed below and try to either change from Direct3D to OpenGL, or from OpenGL to Direct3D (based on the currently set default for your copy of the game). The example below transitions from Direct3D to OpenGL:

Change:
Code:
$pref::Video::displayDevice = "D3D"; $pref::Video::profiledRenderer = "Direct3D"; $pref::Video::profiledVendor = "Microsoft Corp.";
To:
Code:
$pref::Video::displayDevice = "OpenGL"; $pref::Video::profiledRenderer = ""; $pref::Video::profiledVendor = "";

If that's still not doing the trick, try disabling fullscreen mode and adjust the windowed resolution to a smaller version and see if the game runs:

Change:
Code:
$pref::Video::fullscreen = "1";
To:
Code:
$pref::Video::fullscreen = "0";

Change:
Code:
$pref::Video::windowedRes= "...";
To:
Code:
$pref::Video::windowedRes= "800 600";

Try each of the following suggestions I listed above and then save the prefs.cs file and then attempt to re-launch Marbleblast.exe. If you are still having troubles, post back so we can try to further troubleshoot the issue. If you were able to resolve the problem, please indicate which solution worked so others in the future can follow the same steps if they encounter a similar issue.

Best regards,
~Aayrl
Last edit: 04 Dec 2014 13:57 by Aayrl.
  • Lichable
  • Lichable's Avatar Topic Author
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Thank you received: 11
04 Dec 2014 18:36 #3
Sorry for haven't precise before, I'm on Mac.

So for the video resolution, it's already at 800 600 32.
The fullscreen is also already at "0".
Finally windowedRes is also already at 800 600.

So last solution I have is to change the graphics like you told me to.

The DisplayDevice is already at "OpenGL"
But the thing is that my profiledRenderer = "GeForce FX 5950 Ultra/AGP/SSE/3DNOW!";
And my profiledVendor = "NVIDIA Corporation"

So do I still need to change the Renderer and the Vendor into """ and """?

Thanks for the help so far!
  • Thank you received: 123
04 Dec 2014 19:48 #4
Those profiled settings seem to have zero effect on MarbleBlast Gold, and never seem to update, even if you copy it to a different machine.

Only suggestion I can currently think of is to make sure you remove the prefs.cs.dso file in the Library/MarbleBlast/marble/client area after saving and before relaunching MBG, and to possibly try (temporarily) renaming the Library/MarbleBlast folder in that doesn't work, so it'll attempt to regenerate its default settings.

Additionally, try attaching the console.log file for MarbleBlast, also found in the Library area. You may need to rename/zip the log for the forums to accept it.
  • Thank you received: 10
04 Dec 2014 22:02 - 04 Dec 2014 22:03 #5
Are you using OSX 10.9 (Mavericks?)

I had thought it just a MBP issue, but your post got me thinking, so I tested MBG too. On Mavericks with certain graphics cards fullscreen doesn't work (except in 16 bit color). Might also be the case with other OS's. I upgraded straight from 10.6 to 10.9.

It sounds like the problem with it not opening properly is because fullscreen is stuck on, deleting prefs.cs.dso should fix it
Last edit: 04 Dec 2014 22:03 by Don.Gato.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jeff, ProMarbler
  • Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
  • PlatinumQuest Programmer
  • Thank you received: 205
06 Dec 2014 19:55 - 06 Dec 2014 20:52 #6
I resolved the bug for him over skype.

So that this doesn't happen to anyone else:

If you are using the marble blast download from this site, and you previously had marble blast installed from a vender who had an ignition version (From garagegames, for example), the files in the /library/Marbleblast/marble directory will conflict with the non-ignition version. This will cause the ignition check to fail, thus the screen doesn't render. In order to solve this, remove the folder under /library/marbleblast/marble before running marble blast gold. This will fix it and let marble blast regenerate DSO files.

WARNING:

This will erase all previous times in marble blast gold. as well as other modifications to marble blast (excluding platinum 1.20+) In order to keep those files, you should navigate to library/marbleblast/marble/client and copy prefs cs and dso files to somewhere safe. Then, delete the library/marbleblast/marble folder. Then, run the game. AFTER you have run the game once, then copy the files back into the directory. This will allow you to keep your times, as well as other settings such as resolution and the like.

Now, another thing to mention:

In order to get the game to work in fullscreen in newer versions of OSX, you have to use the 16-bit color option. This is an engine bug, and we do not know how to solve this at this time.

I am a programmer. Most here know me for being one of the major contributors to Marble Blast Platinum and PlatinumQuest.
Last edit: 06 Dec 2014 20:52 by Jeff.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aayrl, ProMarbler, Lichable
  • Thank you received: 123
06 Dec 2014 22:37 #7
I always like to go cautious and first rename the folder rather than remove it, just because people tend to eagerly remove their times/data.

Resolved? Locked? Will do.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jeff, Lichable
Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.939 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.