SUPPORT BOARD OVERVIEW & TIPS:

About Receiving Help from the Support Board: While all members may answer questions posted in the Support board, you should only rely on responses posted or confirmed by support moderators and website administrators. Any solutions provided by members of the community that are not verified by a staff member (as indicated by a light-green background) are provided as-is, and we cannot take responsibility for any of the results of said actions.

About Responding to Support Threads: If you feel you know the answer to a question, you are welcome to respond to the thread and politely offer assistance. Please be courteous and try to provide detailed and helpful solutions to users who may not be as advanced as you. We ask that you refrain from posting one-sentence solutions.

Please search for existing topics before creating one! It's quite likely someone else has already encountered a similar issue which was resolved. You can search for existing support threads by clicking here .

About Topic Tags:

* Topics denoted with the [OPEN] tag are awaiting a response from the end user. You are welcome to post in these threads if you are experiencing a similar issue so we may provide further support.

* Topics denoted with the [RESOLVED] title have been successfully answered and confirmed by a support moderator and the end user, and should be used as a reference. These topics are locked.

* Topics denoted with the [CLOSED] tag were either inactive for more than 30 days or the end user did not respond to a suggestion and confirm if the issue was resolved. These topics are locked.

lock [RESOLVED] Application no longer opens

• 07 scaper lmao
  • 07 scaper lmao's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
27 Dec 2014 01:52 - 06 Jan 2015 00:48 #1
I'm by no means an in depth computer person, but I did ahead and check out the game log and the last thing that had displayed was:

"Error: Unkown command line argument: -nohomedir"

also I'm on a mac
Last edit: 06 Jan 2015 00:48 by Aayrl.
The topic has been locked.
  • HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
  • Thank you received: 604
27 Dec 2014 04:37 #2
Can you give us more information?

What version of Mac OS X are you running?
Does the game show any graphics, or just quit instantly?
Can you post a full console.log either on pastebin or upload it?

Thanks,
HiGuy

This signature is real code
Code:
function clientcmd12dothepq() { commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor'); }
  • Thank you received: 123
27 Dec 2014 17:15 #3
Are you using the latest version of the game, available from here ?

There have been three "launchers" for the game, make sure you have to final, official release.
  • Thank you received: 368
04 Jan 2015 03:07 #4
Has anyone reached out to this user to determine if the issue has been resolved? I'll close this topic in a week if we don't hear back by then.

~Aayrl
Marble Blast Community Manager
  • Nockess
  • Respected Marbler
  • Respected Marbler
  • Cheater Supreme
  • Thank you received: 786
05 Jan 2015 16:42 #5
Yeah, it's happening to me too, though I'm on Windows 7 with the final release of MBP. Every time I double-click the icon or right click it and click Open, it starts to load, loads for about 3 second, and just stops loading and nothing happens.

Call me Chris!

Discord: Nockess#4107
YouTube: www.youtube.com/Nockess
Custom Levels: marbleland.vaniverse.io/profile/5
05 Jan 2015 20:15 - 05 Jan 2015 20:50 #6
StewMan, I deleted the most recent posts in this thread, as your posts were unhelpful. Please read the second paragraph of the Support Board Overview, which you should not be able to miss. Your first post also exactly restates my original reply.
Can you provide a console.log? You should be able to find it at the base of your MarbleBlast install directory. Additionally, you were ambiguous (unclear) as to when the freezing occurs. Is the launcher freezing, or is the game itself, after the launcher finishes? I'm somewhat assuming the latter, but I cannot be sure. :)

Some other things:
- Check to make sure that your antivirus software (you should ideally have some installed) isn't accidentally attacking the MarbleBlast executable itself, as this has been reported to occur.
- To access the base/root directory of Marble Blast Platinum, you should open a Run Dialog (via WinKey-R) and typing %APPDATA% ; press enter, and then open the "Marble Blast Platinum" folder (you may need to look in Roaming).
- When getting a console log, try and press Ctrl-T as soon as you can, just after launch. Then send it to a ".zip" file, and attach in a forum post.

Did I miss something? Let me know.
~PM
Last edit: 05 Jan 2015 20:50 by ProMarbler. Reason: Continuation (again)
  • Nockess
  • Respected Marbler
  • Respected Marbler
  • Cheater Supreme
05 Jan 2015 21:34 #7
It doesn't freeze at all (or at least what I think). I open it, and I get the small loading mouse icon, it loads for a couple seconds, then it changes back to the regular mouse icon (so it stops loading), and then nothing happens.

Call me Chris!

05 Jan 2015 23:02 #8
... Are you sure you just aren't confusing the meaning of the cursors? I know that an ordinary mouse cursor means normal performance. In Windows 7, when a cursor displays a small spinning circle, it means the system is working. When it turns into a full spinning circle, it means that the system is really busy, that the system is waiting for the program itself to send a signal of life and response. This is comparable to older Windows system's flipping hourglass and the spinning "beach ball (of doom)" on OSX systems.

That said, I cannot give any detailed assessment without a console.log. Could you please upload it?
  • Nockess
  • Respected Marbler
  • Respected Marbler
  • Cheater Supreme
05 Jan 2015 23:37 - 05 Jan 2015 23:38 #9
Right as I'm about to reply, The launcher works again and I can play again. FINE TIMING YOU STUPID LAUNCHER! (Can mark as resolve, at least on my part.)

Call me Chris!

Last edit: 05 Jan 2015 23:38 by Nockess.
05 Jan 2015 23:52 - 05 Jan 2015 23:52 #10
Well, it seems that a ninja update for the launcher has been released. It's possible that your game launcher was broken somehow. Either way it must have fixed itself and installed the necessary game updates. ;)

Marking as Resolved. If the original poster still has issues, he can advised to make another support topic, if necessary.
Last edit: 05 Jan 2015 23:52 by ProMarbler. Reason: sidepress typo.
Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.974 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.