SUPPORT BOARD OVERVIEW & TIPS:

About Receiving Help from the Support Board: While all members may answer questions posted in the Support board, you should only rely on responses posted or confirmed by support moderators and website administrators. Any solutions provided by members of the community that are not verified by a staff member (as indicated by a light-green background) are provided as-is, and we cannot take responsibility for any of the results of said actions.

About Responding to Support Threads: If you feel you know the answer to a question, you are welcome to respond to the thread and politely offer assistance. Please be courteous and try to provide detailed and helpful solutions to users who may not be as advanced as you. We ask that you refrain from posting one-sentence solutions.

Please search for existing topics before creating one! It's quite likely someone else has already encountered a similar issue which was resolved. You can search for existing support threads by clicking here .

About Topic Tags:

* Topics denoted with the [OPEN] tag are awaiting a response from the end user. You are welcome to post in these threads if you are experiencing a similar issue so we may provide further support.

* Topics denoted with the [RESOLVED] title have been successfully answered and confirmed by a support moderator and the end user, and should be used as a reference. These topics are locked.

* Topics denoted with the [CLOSED] tag were either inactive for more than 30 days or the end user did not respond to a suggestion and confirm if the issue was resolved. These topics are locked.

lock [RESOLVED] Marble Blast Fase Positive as Virus

• amgine
  • amgine's Avatar Topic Author
  • Novice Marbler
  • Novice Marbler
  • Thank you received: 0
28 Dec 2014 05:42 - 28 Dec 2014 18:56 #1
Hello amgine here i was playing marble blast platinum 1,50 and all was well but recently my dad installed norton anti virus and since then i can't run MBP because it says its a threat to my computer

threat is ws.reputation 1 Which means It does not know if the program is safe or not so it removes it as a virus which is stupid -_-.

I ask that everyone here submit a report to get the MBP series on a permanent white list even if you dont have NAV at submit.symantec.com/whitelist/

ty.
Last edit: 28 Dec 2014 18:56 by HiGuy.
The topic has been locked.
  • HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
  • Thank you received: 604
28 Dec 2014 19:00 #2
Looked into the details about MBP on virustotal and found the following:

The file's "Symantec Reputation" is "Suspicious.Insight", or "Risk Level 1: Very Low". Apparently the only reason that this is coming up at all is because we haven't explicitly registered our program with them. VirusTotal gives a 0/47 detection ratio, so no antivirus (would wrongly) think this game is a virus.

Per Symantec's site: "In contrast, most legitimate software ... often comes from known publishers, has high adoption rates, shares much in common with earlier versions of the software, and so on. The Suspicious.Insight detection, therefore, is meant to inform the user that a given application is unproven and not yet well known to Symantec’s tens of millions of users." Basically, the only reason this is appearing at all is because we have not become wildly popular with Symantec's "tens of millions of users."

For now, I would just allow the application and reduce your AV levels slightly.

This signature is real code
Code:
function clientcmd12dothepq() { commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor'); }
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lee
  • amgine
  • Novice Marbler
  • Novice Marbler
31 Dec 2014 01:08 #3
I cannot i have a restricted windows account so i cannot change this.

maybe we should get a digital signature.
  • Thank you received: 123
31 Dec 2014 03:33 #4
Is it possible to play the game in Safe Mode (with Networking)? :P

Otherwise I would just have whoever installed your Norton software authenticate the changes for you, as that seems like the only practical solution.
... I forgot what I was going to say here, as the link above somehow prompted a very long Wikipedia Adventure. Oops.
  • amgine
  • Novice Marbler
  • Novice Marbler
31 Dec 2014 04:07 #5
thats not possible either as there is a system password on my computer which only my parents can put in.
  • amgine
  • Novice Marbler
  • Novice Marbler
20 Jan 2015 03:49 #6
update problem was solved a while ago though i never got to posting it.

MBP itself is fine but for some reason its the MBP updater that norton regarded as a virus im sure there is probably a work around for this.
  • Thank you received: 123
20 Jan 2015 10:47 #7
Okay. Locking.
  • Thank you received: 368
23 Jan 2015 02:25 #8
Just to clear up any (future) confusion, the Marble Blast Launcher runs using the standard Java Library. On some of the more restricted Windows 7 and 8 operating systems (such as users running with Administrative privileges), the Windows Firewall (or any typical Anti-Virus software) will tend to regard the Launcher as a "Virus" false positive, mainly because it downloads and installs files on the user's machine without prompting the UAC window.

The development staff regularly scan our systems for any signs of viruses or malware to ensure these update files are purged of any malware or otherwise dangerous software exploits. That being said, you may safely add the Marble Blast Launcher executable to the list of exempt programs from your Anti-Virus software. We strongly recommend that users continue the good practice of having anti-virus and anti-malware software installed and updated on their systems for general protection.

~Aayrl
Marble Blast Community Manager
Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.941 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.