SUPPORT BOARD OVERVIEW & TIPS:

About Receiving Help from the Support Board: While all members may answer questions posted in the Support board, you should only rely on responses posted or confirmed by support moderators and website administrators. Any solutions provided by members of the community that are not verified by a staff member (as indicated by a light-green background) are provided as-is, and we cannot take responsibility for any of the results of said actions.

About Responding to Support Threads: If you feel you know the answer to a question, you are welcome to respond to the thread and politely offer assistance. Please be courteous and try to provide detailed and helpful solutions to users who may not be as advanced as you. We ask that you refrain from posting one-sentence solutions.

Please search for existing topics before creating one! It's quite likely someone else has already encountered a similar issue which was resolved. You can search for existing support threads by clicking here .

About Topic Tags:

* Topics denoted with the [OPEN] tag are awaiting a response from the end user. You are welcome to post in these threads if you are experiencing a similar issue so we may provide further support.

* Topics denoted with the [RESOLVED] title have been successfully answered and confirmed by a support moderator and the end user, and should be used as a reference. These topics are locked.

* Topics denoted with the [CLOSED] tag were either inactive for more than 30 days or the end user did not respond to a suggestion and confirm if the issue was resolved. These topics are locked.

lock [CLOSED] Login credentials required on site when already logged in

• Imperial
  • Imperial's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Custom Levels Lover
  • Thank you received: 86
29 Jan 2015 21:54 - 15 May 2017 14:54 #1
What the title says. While I was already logged in to the website, and tried to access my profile page, I was prompted to enter my username and password again. If I click the profile button again shortly after, no credentials are required, but let's say if I click on it again the next day, I have to enter them again.
Even though this is not a critical issue, I find it quite a nuisance and makes no sense whatsoever. I believe this is a common problem among users because besides me, at least Kurt is suffering from this issue as well. It would be much appreciated if the forum staff could look into this problem and hopefully solve it. :)

Vanquisher / Red Stealer

My youtube channel: www.youtube.com/imperialcuirassier
My twitch channel: www.twitch.tv/imperialcuirassier
Last edit: 15 May 2017 14:54 by Aayrl.
The topic has been locked.
  • IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
30 Jan 2015 06:21 #2
I asked HiGuy about this a few weeks ago and something about security issues.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.
  • Thank you received: 123
30 Jan 2015 11:18 #3
Occurred on the upgrade to Joombla 3, IIRC.
  • HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
  • Thank you received: 604
30 Jan 2015 21:38 #4
Talked to Aayrl about this the other day, he thought it had something to do with the "remember me" option and expiring sessions. I have no idea, but I'll bug him to look more into this.

This signature is real code
Code:
function clientcmd12dothepq() { commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor'); }
  • Thank you received: 368
24 Mar 2015 11:36 #5
Hey Imperial,

I know we spoke the other night over Webchat to see if this issue has resolved itself - we recently updated our CMS and Forums systems; can you please indicate if this issue is still persistent so I may look into it further?

Thanks,
~Aayrl
  • IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
24 Mar 2015 12:58 #6
Can confirm it is still persistent

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.
  • Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
  • PlatinumQuest Programmer
  • Thank you received: 205
24 Mar 2015 16:51 #7
double confirming, happens to me too.

I am a programmer. Most here know me for being one of the major contributors to Marble Blast Platinum and PlatinumQuest.
  • Imperial
  • Imperial's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Custom Levels Lover
  • Thank you received: 86
24 Mar 2015 17:01 #8

Aayrl wrote: Hey Imperial,

I know we spoke the other night over Webchat to see if this issue has resolved itself - we recently updated our CMS and Forums systems; can you please indicate if this issue is still persistent so I may look into it further?

Thanks,
~Aayrl

The issue is still present. (just tried again one minute before posting this)

Vanquisher / Red Stealer

My youtube channel: www.youtube.com/imperialcuirassier
My twitch channel: www.twitch.tv/imperialcuirassier
03 Dec 2015 12:41 #9
Mega Bump.

I've added this to my hotfix list. I think I know why this is happening and I'm going to release a website update later this month which will have a workaround for this.

~Aayrl
18 Jun 2016 22:13 #10
Double-post Mega-bump;

I may have found a potential fix for this, but I'm still testing it. I'll probably perform some website maintenance in the next few weeks and then request folks to verify the fix works as intended. Stay tuned.

~Aayrl
  • Thank you received: 406
19 Jun 2016 00:57 #11
This happens to me all the time. I will test this fix for you if you wish.
21 Jun 2016 23:04 - 15 May 2017 14:53 #12
Thanks, NatureFreak.

I have not implemented any hotfixes at this point. I'll be sure to provide an official website patch note thread when the maintenance is scheduled and completed.

EDIT (May 15, 2017) - The issue lies in the Kunena forum login. It caches a separate user session from the Joomla user session to keep you logged in through the forums. Since accessing the user profile uses the Joomla user session, it prompts users to sign in to refresh their Joomla user session. Kunena has no way of talking to the Joomla session, since, by design, Joomla does not allow user sessions to persist beyond 24 hours.

This is sadly something we cannot fix without custom coding a significant portion of Kunena.

The correct workaround is to log in to the Marble Blast Website through your user profile prior to using the forums. I apologize for the inconvenience.

~Aayrl
Last edit: 15 May 2017 14:53 by Aayrl. Reason: Marked as can't fix.
The following user(s) said Thank You: NF
Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.929 seconds