SUPPORT BOARD OVERVIEW & TIPS:

About Receiving Help from the Support Board: While all members may answer questions posted in the Support board, you should only rely on responses posted or confirmed by support moderators and website administrators. Any solutions provided by members of the community that are not verified by a staff member (as indicated by a light-green background) are provided as-is, and we cannot take responsibility for any of the results of said actions.

About Responding to Support Threads: If you feel you know the answer to a question, you are welcome to respond to the thread and politely offer assistance. Please be courteous and try to provide detailed and helpful solutions to users who may not be as advanced as you. We ask that you refrain from posting one-sentence solutions.

Please search for existing topics before creating one! It's quite likely someone else has already encountered a similar issue which was resolved. You can search for existing support threads by clicking here .

About Topic Tags:

* Topics denoted with the [OPEN] tag are awaiting a response from the end user. You are welcome to post in these threads if you are experiencing a similar issue so we may provide further support.

* Topics denoted with the [RESOLVED] title have been successfully answered and confirmed by a support moderator and the end user, and should be used as a reference. These topics are locked.

* Topics denoted with the [CLOSED] tag were either inactive for more than 30 days or the end user did not respond to a suggestion and confirm if the issue was resolved. These topics are locked.

lock [RESOLVED] Cutting It Close Impossible?

• Steven
  • Steven's Avatar Topic Author
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Marble Blast bug hunter
  • Thank you received: 20
16 May 2015 20:28 - 17 May 2015 04:41 #1
I just installed MBPU, but every time I start it or try to turn on camera vibration, it gives me an error message saying:

The program can't start because MSVCP120.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

Also, there don't seem to be any sound effects; only the music plays.

Reinstalling the game did not work. What is going on?

If there's a bug, YO! I'll report it!
Last edit: 17 May 2015 04:41 by Steven.
The topic has been locked.
  • whirligig
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 261
17 May 2015 01:55 #2
Your first issue can be fixed by installing this . As far as the sound goes, you're not the first person to have the issue, and we're not sure what causes it. Does the sound work in a vanilla copy of MBG from the downloads page? What happens if you try copying the DLL files from the root MBPU directory into the bin directory?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Steven
  • Steven
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
17 May 2015 02:51 - 17 May 2015 02:54 #3

whirligig wrote: Your first issue can be fixed by installing this . As far as the sound goes, you're not the first person to have the issue, and we're not sure what causes it. Does the sound work in a vanilla copy of MBG from the downloads page? What happens if you try copying the DLL files from the root MBPU directory into the bin directory?

That's the DLL issue taken care of. As for the sounds, they work just fine in MBG. [strike]Could you please clarify the part of your post I bolded?[/strike] Never mind, the sound seems to work now. I'll let you know if I encounter any problems along the way. For now, this topic can be locked. Thanks for the help.

Last edit: 17 May 2015 02:54 by Steven.
  • whirligig
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
17 May 2015 03:35 #4
Wait, do you mean copying the DLLs fixed it?
  • Steven
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
17 May 2015 04:29 - 17 May 2015 04:41 #5
I do. But now I have a problem with the challenge for Beginner Level 5 (Cutting It Close). I can't seem to complete the level in the precise 4.99 that's expected of me, no matter how good my timing is. I'm concerned the clock may be skipping straight from 4.98 to 5.00, thereby making the challenge impossible to complete. Is that what's going on?

Last edit: 17 May 2015 04:41 by Steven.
  • whirligig
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
17 May 2015 05:31 #6
No idea whether that's possible with the way the game runs. I would just try to keep adjusting your method and see if you can get 4.99. It's definitely possible on my computer (and, I suspect, most computers).
  • Steven
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
17 May 2015 07:58 - 17 May 2015 07:59 #7
I'm going to play the easier challenges before attempting the harder ones. I'll ask about them later. But I do have another issue I'll discuss in another topic.

Last edit: 17 May 2015 07:59 by Steven.
  • Kalle29
  • I blame ping for losing
  • Thank you received: 754
17 May 2015 12:41 #8
Shouldn't the fps unlock help you get 4.99?

༼ ͡◕ ͜ ʖ ͡◕༽ You have been visited by the Nivea™ Donger of moisture. Soft skin and good fortune will come to you, but only if you post "thank you Mr. Skeltal" in this thread ༼ ͡◕ ͜ ʖ ͡◕༽
  • Battlecube314
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • 100% Gold/Ultimate/Awesome!!
  • Thank you received: 155
17 May 2015 16:43 #9
The 4.99 exact is definitely possible (I have done it). If you use a Mac, then you should be able to do this one, since the FPS does not have a maximum limit. If you have a PC, you could use the framerate unlocker (see this thread here)
www.marbleblast.com/index.php/forum/mb-m...-frame-rate-unlocker
This challenge is actually quite difficult and took me many tries to get exactly 4.99 seconds (I got a lot of 4.97, 4.98, 5.01, etc before accomplishing it)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Steven
  • Steven
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
18 May 2015 02:30 - 18 May 2015 03:02 #10
Thanks for pointing out the framerate unlocker. And yes, I'm a Windows user. I'll let you know if it's worked when I get around to trying it. God, I love you all. Very helpful, friendly, and informative! ;)

Before I install that, however, where do I extract the files and install the unlocker?

Last edit: 18 May 2015 03:02 by Steven.
  • Steven
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
18 May 2015 21:28 - 18 May 2015 21:32 #11
I installed the framerate unlocker into the main MBPU folder (not within any subfolders), but it didn't seem to help. Did I install it in the correct place? Also, whenever I try to check the framerate by using the metrics(fps) command in the game's console, it gives me a syntax error message, which means I don't know if it actually worked, though it looks like it didn't. My monitor has a refresh rate of precisely 60Hz, by the way.

Last edit: 18 May 2015 21:32 by Steven.
  • Thank you received: 123
27 May 2015 22:50 #12
Since you seemed to have fixed your syntax error, I assume that this has been resolved? (See your other topic.) I'll mark this as so. If not, then PM me or another staff member to get this unlocked, or create another topic.

Sincerely,
~ PM
Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.882 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.