SUPPORT BOARD OVERVIEW & TIPS:

About Receiving Help from the Support Board: While all members may answer questions posted in the Support board, you should only rely on responses posted or confirmed by support moderators and website administrators. Any solutions provided by members of the community that are not verified by a staff member (as indicated by a light-green background) are provided as-is, and we cannot take responsibility for any of the results of said actions.

About Responding to Support Threads: If you feel you know the answer to a question, you are welcome to respond to the thread and politely offer assistance. Please be courteous and try to provide detailed and helpful solutions to users who may not be as advanced as you. We ask that you refrain from posting one-sentence solutions.

Please search for existing topics before creating one! It's quite likely someone else has already encountered a similar issue which was resolved. You can search for existing support threads by clicking here .

About Topic Tags:

* Topics denoted with the [OPEN] tag are awaiting a response from the end user. You are welcome to post in these threads if you are experiencing a similar issue so we may provide further support.

* Topics denoted with the [RESOLVED] title have been successfully answered and confirmed by a support moderator and the end user, and should be used as a reference. These topics are locked.

* Topics denoted with the [CLOSED] tag were either inactive for more than 30 days or the end user did not respond to a suggestion and confirm if the issue was resolved. These topics are locked.

lock [RESOLVED] Locked out of MBPU Advanced 31

• Steven
  • Steven's Avatar Topic Author
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Marble Blast bug hunter
  • Thank you received: 20
17 May 2015 08:01 - 20 May 2015 02:20 #1
In MBPU, whenever I try to play IL10 normally, it acts as if I opted to play the challenge. Is this intentional or a bug?

If there's a bug, YO! I'll report it!
Last edit: 20 May 2015 02:20 by Steven.
The topic has been locked.
  • whirligig
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 261
17 May 2015 18:06 #2
This is a glitch. I've attached a hotfix: replace marble/server/scripts/challenges.cs with the version in this post, and it should fix the bug (it did on my copy, at least). The Power Patch (to be released very very soon) will include this fix.

File Attachment:

File Name: challenges.cs
File Size:11 KB
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Steven
  • Steven
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
18 May 2015 02:27 - 18 May 2015 05:32 #3
Nothing like the creator of MBPU himself helping me out. Thanks for that. I'll give it a try and report back.

EDIT: What you just gave me is a text version of the file that opens up in the web browser, not the file itself for download. I can't copy and paste that into the scripts folder as a .cs file, because Windows doesn't recognize it (only the game does), and I don't have any special software to help me out with that. What now?

Last edit: 18 May 2015 05:32 by Steven. Reason: File attached was not an actual download
  • Thank you received: 123
18 May 2015 10:01 #4
Can't you right-click the link above and choose to save it somewhere?
  • Steven
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
18 May 2015 18:38 #5

Pro Marbler wrote: Can't you right-click the link above and choose to save it somewhere?

It looks like I can. I'll see if that works. Thanks for the tip.

• whirligig
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
18 May 2015 18:57 #6
Or, you know, install the Power Patch, which has this fix built into it. marbleblast.com/index.php/forum/mb-mods-...d?limitstart=0#18300
  • Steven
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
19 May 2015 00:30 - 19 May 2015 00:31 #7
That worked. Thank you. However...

I'm locked out of Advanced Level 18 on MBPU. Despite the fact that I completed AL17 (Deck the Halls) well within the allotted 2 minutes, whenever I go to the very next level, it says, "Not qualified!" which doesn't make sense because I did qualify. I shouldn't be forced to spend 2,000 credits on a level I unlocked fairly.

Last edit: 19 May 2015 00:31 by Steven.
  • whirligig
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
19 May 2015 03:07 #8
Turns out the level type for Advanced 17 was set to "custom." The Power Patch has been updated to fix this.
  • Steven
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
19 May 2015 06:24 - 19 May 2015 07:31 #9
So if I re-download it, will it fix the problem?

EDIT: I downloaded the new Power Patch, completed the level, and was able to access AL18. Thanks!

EDIT 2: Never mind. Now I'm locked out of AL31. It's probably the same issue. You might want to check out all of the other levels and fix any problems with them too.

Last edit: 19 May 2015 07:31 by Steven.
  • whirligig
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
19 May 2015 23:15 #10
Well, turns out there were about five more levels with that issue. Power Patch and Power Pack 1 have been updated.
  • Steven
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
20 May 2015 00:15 #11

whirligig wrote: Well, turns out there were about five more levels with that issue. Power Patch and Power Pack 1 have been updated.

I ran t3h ch3a7z0rz to nullify the effects of not being able to unlock those levels by completing the ones before them. Thanks. I'll let you know if anything else comes up.

• whirligig
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
20 May 2015 01:48 #12
Why don't you just post a new topic if that happens and mark this one resolved?
  • Steven
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
20 May 2015 02:20 #13

whirligig wrote: Why don't you just post a new topic if that happens and mark this one resolved?

Ah. Touche.

Anyway, I'm still on a bug hunt, so I'll let you know.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.796 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.