SUPPORT BOARD OVERVIEW & TIPS:

About Receiving Help from the Support Board: While all members may answer questions posted in the Support board, you should only rely on responses posted or confirmed by support moderators and website administrators. Any solutions provided by members of the community that are not verified by a staff member (as indicated by a light-green background) are provided as-is, and we cannot take responsibility for any of the results of said actions.

About Responding to Support Threads: If you feel you know the answer to a question, you are welcome to respond to the thread and politely offer assistance. Please be courteous and try to provide detailed and helpful solutions to users who may not be as advanced as you. We ask that you refrain from posting one-sentence solutions.

Please search for existing topics before creating one! It's quite likely someone else has already encountered a similar issue which was resolved. You can search for existing support threads by clicking here .

About Topic Tags:

* Topics denoted with the [OPEN] tag are awaiting a response from the end user. You are welcome to post in these threads if you are experiencing a similar issue so we may provide further support.

* Topics denoted with the [RESOLVED] title have been successfully answered and confirmed by a support moderator and the end user, and should be used as a reference. These topics are locked.

* Topics denoted with the [CLOSED] tag were either inactive for more than 30 days or the end user did not respond to a suggestion and confirm if the issue was resolved. These topics are locked.

lock [RESOLVED] Screen Recorder Problems

• Eguy
  • Eguy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Booper Supreme
  • Thank you received: 208
18 May 2015 17:15 - 19 May 2015 17:14 #1
Ok, I know this isn't entirely marble blast related and I fully apologize for that but this is really ticking me off. I got a new screen recorder called Debut from NCH Software. And I wanted to record a MB video. But, when I recorded it I realized it had recorded the computer and my voice. I tried turning audio off and then I couldn't hear my voice, but I couldn't hear the computer. Does anyone know of this software? Does anyone know how to set it so that I can hear only the computer's sound? If not, could one of the devs or mods install this software and tell me how to do it? I would be eternally grateful for that. I am very sorry if this topic is not related to marble blast. I hope it can be counted as marble blast related because I am trying to learn this software so I can make MB videos.

Thanks, Eguy

"it's the internet eguy. where children are men. men are monkeys, and women are PQ."
-Jeff 2014
Last edit: 19 May 2015 17:14 by HiGuy.
The topic has been locked.
  • Kalle29
  • I blame ping for losing
  • Thank you received: 754
18 May 2015 17:18 #2
get windows

༼ ͡◕ ͜ ʖ ͡◕༽ You have been visited by the Nivea™ Donger of moisture. Soft skin and good fortune will come to you, but only if you post "thank you Mr. Skeltal" in this thread ༼ ͡◕ ͜ ʖ ͡◕༽
  • Eguy
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Booper Supreme
18 May 2015 17:22 #3
This poor guy was so bored with his poopy windows that he didn't have anything else to do but post that.

"it's the internet eguy. where children are men. men are monkeys, and women are PQ."
-Jeff 2014
  • Kalle29
  • I blame ping for losing
  • Thank you received: 754
18 May 2015 17:27 #4
oh sorry what was that? I can't hear you over all the free, working recording programs I have.

༼ ͡◕ ͜ ʖ ͡◕༽ You have been visited by the Nivea™ Donger of moisture. Soft skin and good fortune will come to you, but only if you post "thank you Mr. Skeltal" in this thread ༼ ͡◕ ͜ ʖ ͡◕༽
  • Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
  • PlatinumQuest Programmer
  • Thank you received: 205
18 May 2015 17:40 #5

Kalle29 wrote: oh sorry what was that? I can't hear you over all the free, working recording programs I have.

The program is cross platform between windows and mac, and is free......

I am a programmer. Most here know me for being one of the major contributors to Marble Blast Platinum and PlatinumQuest.
  • J@ckRB
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • *some self-degrading humour*
  • Thank you received: 164
18 May 2015 17:41 - 18 May 2015 17:42 #6

Kalle29 wrote: oh sorry what was that? I can't hear you over all the free, working recording programs I have.

This seemed appropriate.
Wait for MBP 1.52 (?) for ingame recorder and stuff. Yeah.

Also I have no experience with Debut so I can't help apart from search around and experiment with settings, sorry.

"funny quote" - funny person 2016 part 2 electric boogaloo
Last edit: 18 May 2015 17:42 by J@ckRB. Reason: 1.52 master race + sorry limewire is a bit old but the point still stands
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jeff
  • HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
  • Thank you received: 604
18 May 2015 17:48 #7
[Warning: Actual answer] Look into Soundflower, you can set your computer to output to it, and then record from it only. Usually works nicely for programs that don't let you specify an audio input driver.

This signature is real code
Code:
function clientcmd12dothepq() { commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor'); }
  • Eguy
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Booper Supreme
18 May 2015 18:45 - 18 May 2015 18:49 #8
Is Soundflower another recording system? Or an output device?

Anyway, I think I might be getting somewhere:

What should I tinker with to get what I want? Remember, I want the computer audio, but only the computer audio. Not sounds from outside the computer.

-Jeff 2014
Attachments:
Last edit: 18 May 2015 18:49 by Eguy.
  • whirligig
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 261
18 May 2015 18:59 #9
In your second picture you show the Input panel. What happens if you turn the input volume all the way down?
  • Eguy
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Booper Supreme
18 May 2015 19:06 #10
Tried it. Won't work because then I can't hear computer sounds OR the outer sounds.

-Jeff 2014
  • Thank you received: 123
18 May 2015 20:01 - 18 May 2015 20:01 #11
Could you cover the microphone at the top with a thick piece of tape?
Last edit: 18 May 2015 20:01 by ProMarbler.
  • Eguy
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Booper Supreme
18 May 2015 20:06 #12
Oooh good idea, but i think that would cover the computer sound too :( Anyway, my older half-brother says he'll send me a different software tonight that can capture the computer audio.

-Jeff 2014
  • Thank you received: 123
19 May 2015 01:30 #13
If it captures sound coming from your speakers, then it can't possibly filter out your voice.
  • Eguy
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Booper Supreme
19 May 2015 15:56 #14
Update: Just fixed this problem by using sound flower and quicktime player. Mark as resolved please :)

-Jeff 2014
  • HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
  • Thank you received: 604
19 May 2015 17:15 #15
Sure thing, glad to hear you got it resolved.

This signature is real code
Code:
function clientcmd12dothepq() { commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor'); }
Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.893 seconds