SUPPORT BOARD OVERVIEW & TIPS:

About Receiving Help from the Support Board: While all members may answer questions posted in the Support board, you should only rely on responses posted or confirmed by support moderators and website administrators. Any solutions provided by members of the community that are not verified by a staff member (as indicated by a light-green background) are provided as-is, and we cannot take responsibility for any of the results of said actions.

About Responding to Support Threads: If you feel you know the answer to a question, you are welcome to respond to the thread and politely offer assistance. Please be courteous and try to provide detailed and helpful solutions to users who may not be as advanced as you. We ask that you refrain from posting one-sentence solutions.

Please search for existing topics before creating one! It's quite likely someone else has already encountered a similar issue which was resolved. You can search for existing support threads by clicking here .

About Topic Tags:

* Topics denoted with the [OPEN] tag are awaiting a response from the end user. You are welcome to post in these threads if you are experiencing a similar issue so we may provide further support.

* Topics denoted with the [RESOLVED] title have been successfully answered and confirmed by a support moderator and the end user, and should be used as a reference. These topics are locked.

* Topics denoted with the [CLOSED] tag were either inactive for more than 30 days or the end user did not respond to a suggestion and confirm if the issue was resolved. These topics are locked.

lock [CLOSED] Fullscreen Issue

• elnathan
  • elnathan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Thank you received: 16
20 May 2015 16:38 - 20 May 2015 19:19 #1
I'm trying to run MBP and MBG on my brother's new MacBook Pro.
Stats:
Version 10.8.5
2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Due (processor)
4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3 (memory)

MBG and MBP (v. 1.2 & 1.5) are currently in fullscreen mode.
When I open them up, all sounds play. They window does not show up. I can wave the cursor around the screen, and sometimes hear the "mouse over button" noise. I cannot click on these buttons (no click button noise)

I went into the code of MBP 1.5, and changed it to fullscreen mode. (I also tried this with MBG and MBP 1.2 but it didn't work)
the file I edited was called
defaults.cs.dso
Now it is in window mode, and I can play singleplayer
However, when I click "Online" play multiplayer, I get a redundency error because I had to edit a file to open the game, and there must be some anti-hack codes.

Can somebody help me figure out how to play?

I have tried re-downloading, so that's out. As stated above, I can't click on these buttons, so I can't change fullscreen that way.

Bonus! Many of you know that pressing 'command enter' will change fullscreen. When I do this twice in very short succession, the graphics break. See atatched screeny.

i have a flickr
Attachments:
Last edit: 20 May 2015 19:19 by ProMarbler. Reason: inserted attached image! you can do that!
The topic has been locked.
  • Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
  • PlatinumQuest Programmer
  • Thank you received: 205
20 May 2015 17:26 #2
What's your graphics card by chance? Need to know the vendor (Intel, Nvidia, AMD) and the actual card. (320M, HD3000, R9290) ect.

I am a programmer. Most here know me for being one of the major contributors to Marble Blast Platinum and PlatinumQuest.
  • elnathan
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
20 May 2015 17:43 - 20 May 2015 19:17 #3
13-inch (1280 x 800)
NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB graphics

i have a flickr
Attachments:
Last edit: 20 May 2015 19:17 by ProMarbler. Reason: pressed "insert" button; you should learn that too!
  • elnathan
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
21 May 2015 21:32 #4
help would be appreciated!

i have a flickr
  • Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
23 May 2015 17:33 #5
Please be patient while we try to find a solution for you! Sorry this is taking so long!

I am a programmer. Most here know me for being one of the major contributors to Marble Blast Platinum and PlatinumQuest.
  • Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
28 May 2015 17:28 #6
Bump.

El Nathan, can you file a support ticket and attach a console.log? It would help us a lot!

Thanks!

Jeff

• Battlecube314
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • 100% Gold/Ultimate/Awesome!!
  • Thank you received: 155
29 May 2015 00:28 - 29 May 2015 00:33 #7
Have you run the launcher again to get the files for v1.51 yet? You might get anti-hack errors If you do not download the updated files. Also you should not edit .dso files, since those are compiled. If you want to edit files, edit the .cs instead, and then recompile your scripts.
Last edit: 29 May 2015 00:33 by Battlecube314.
  • elnathan
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
30 May 2015 01:11 - 30 May 2015 01:11 #8
so.
I download Mac 1.5.1, it shows in the computer as 1.5.0
I open it. "Java Runtime Environment' or something like that, it's an error
can't open :,c
I have this weird 1.5 that is opening... it opens strait away with no launcher. I click "show package contence," and search "log" and there is NOTHING that has to do with that. So, i tired stealing the defaults.cs.dso from beta 3, because it looked the same, and it still gave me the redundancy error when I click on the online button.
Still, i think it would work if I could get back the original defaults.cs.dso,
so I redownloaded 1.5."1" (downloads as 1.5.0) and clicked show package contence, and it had changed, so I treid to find the "home" folder, but in the newest macs that's gone too... So I finally click "show in finder" for the MBP 1.5 that DOES work, and this opens the correct folder. But there is no new MBP!
So I can't open the package contecne to revert my .cs.dso file, gah

In short. I don't know what a support ticket is, I have no console.log, I have no MBP v1.5.1 I don't know what a compiled file is, and I don't know how to recompile anything.

By the way, did I mention I want to be able to play MBG and MBP v1.2 still? I still don't know how to fix those

i have a flickr
Last edit: 30 May 2015 01:11 by elnathan.
  • HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
  • Thank you received: 604
30 May 2015 01:25 #9
Yeah, you shouldn't have to mess around with .dso files if you haven't added any (replacing doesn't count). Just re-download the launcher from marbleblast.com/index.php/downloads/mbp and it should automatically update the files for you. If it still has issues after that, let me know.

This signature is real code
Code:
function clientcmd12dothepq() { commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor'); }
  • Anonymous
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
30 May 2015 19:02 #10
Fullscreen only works in 16-bit color with graphics issues on OS X Mavericks (which you seem to have) and does not work at all on OS X Yosemite. Yosemite also has graphics issues in windowed mode that Mavericks does not. You should edit mbpPrefs.cs (in platinum/client) and delete mbpPrefs.cs.dso to change MBP options by hand.
  • Anonymous
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
30 May 2015 19:08 #11
The preference files for MBG and MBP 1.20 are in ~/Library/MarbleBlast/marble/client (for MBG) and ~/Library/MarbleBlast/platinum/client (for MBP 1.2). To get there, open Finder and option-click the go menu and keep holding option. Then click Library. Find the MarbleBlast folder and go in there to get to the settings in the directories above (marble/client and platinum/client). The Platinum team removed the library stuff for some reason in 1.50 even though it was a useful way to separate game data and user data.
  • HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
  • Thank you received: 604
30 May 2015 20:57 #12
For 1.50+ you can use this guide , but find platinum/client instead of console.log.

However, this shouldn't be necessary for his issue unless he can't open the game because of fullscreen issues.

This signature is real code
Code:
function clientcmd12dothepq() { commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor'); }
  • elnathan
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
31 May 2015 00:37 #13

Anonymous wrote: The preference files for MBG and MBP 1.20 are in ~/Library/MarbleBlast/marble/client (for MBG) and ~/Library/MarbleBlast/platinum/client (for MBP 1.2). To get there, open Finder and option-click the go menu and keep holding option. Then click Library. Find the MarbleBlast folder and go in there to get to the settings in the directories above (marble/client and platinum/client). The Platinum team removed the library stuff for some reason in 1.50 even though it was a useful way to separate game data and user data.

Thank you. This is a great fix without any coding hassle!

i have a flickr
Attachments:
Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.858 seconds