SUPPORT BOARD OVERVIEW & TIPS:

About Receiving Help from the Support Board: While all members may answer questions posted in the Support board, you should only rely on responses posted or confirmed by support moderators and website administrators. Any solutions provided by members of the community that are not verified by a staff member (as indicated by a light-green background) are provided as-is, and we cannot take responsibility for any of the results of said actions.

About Responding to Support Threads: If you feel you know the answer to a question, you are welcome to respond to the thread and politely offer assistance. Please be courteous and try to provide detailed and helpful solutions to users who may not be as advanced as you. We ask that you refrain from posting one-sentence solutions.

Please search for existing topics before creating one! It's quite likely someone else has already encountered a similar issue which was resolved. You can search for existing support threads by clicking here .

About Topic Tags:

* Topics denoted with the [OPEN] tag are awaiting a response from the end user. You are welcome to post in these threads if you are experiencing a similar issue so we may provide further support.

* Topics denoted with the [RESOLVED] title have been successfully answered and confirmed by a support moderator and the end user, and should be used as a reference. These topics are locked.

* Topics denoted with the [CLOSED] tag were either inactive for more than 30 days or the end user did not respond to a suggestion and confirm if the issue was resolved. These topics are locked.

lock [RESOLVED] Cant play MBP 1.50

• HypedForReal
  • HypedForReal's Avatar Topic Author
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Most bored person in forum
  • Thank you received: 0
07 Jun 2015 03:48 - 14 Jun 2015 19:43 #1
I cant play MBP 1.50.My computer is a old mac and my MBP version is 1.20 and my console somehow is crashing.could there be a way how to fix this
Help needed

The application

what happens when i open it

what does import times do

this is in the console but this is not the part where my console crashed because i couldin't take a good shot of the of the photo

and this is what happen after seconds on the console crashes please tell me how to fix this
Last edit: 14 Jun 2015 19:43 by Jeff.
The topic has been locked.
  • Thank you received: 123
07 Jun 2015 14:13 - 07 Jun 2015 14:18 #2
Hello,

Are you connected to the internet? This line is particular stands out:
Automatic updates are disabled. If there is a new update, go download it manually.
Perhaps (maybe) you have a firewall blocking the launcher in some way? It wouldn't entirely make sense, as the News page loaded alright. I assume you have tried redownloading the launcher (manually)?

How old is your Mac OS X system? Judging from the window buttons, is it running OS X Snow Leopard (10.6)? If so, it would explain the first message, as our developer had previously held back the version of MBP 1.50, for such older systems, due to ABI incompatibilities with the extender. The issue has been resolved, but you may have not received the changes.

Another possibility is that you may not have the latest version of the Java JRE, but that seems unlikely at this point.

Conclusion: Redownload the MBP launcher from the downloads section, and use that version instead.

Please tell us whether your issues persist. Thanks!
[hr]Also:
If you click "Import times", you will be prompted for the folder/application location of your MBP 1.50 Beta times, or of any older versions of mbpPrefs.cs you may have on your system. This is so you can continue to keep your old times (if you had any)!
[hr]~ PM
Last edit: 07 Jun 2015 14:18 by ProMarbler. Reason: dejumbling.
  • HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
  • Thank you received: 604
07 Jun 2015 17:27 #3

Pro Marbler wrote: Automatic updates are disabled. If there is a new update, go download it manually.

That's because of the 10.6 launcher's inability to self-update. It has to run on Java 6 (an older version), so I disabled the self-updating feature. So that's not the issue.

As for the MBExtender crash, can you press "Report" and copy the crash log here. That should give us more information. Thanks.

This signature is real code
Code:
function clientcmd12dothepq() { commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor'); }
  • HypedForReal
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
07 Jun 2015 19:08 #4
The report

Process: MBExtender [122]
Path: /Users/moommoosho/Applications/Marble Blast Platinum.app/Contents/MacOS/MBExtender
Identifier: MBExtender
Version: ??? (???)
Code Type: X86 (Native)
Parent Process: JavaApplicationStub [116]

Interval Since Last Report: 329315 sec
Crashes Since Last Report: 120
Per-App Interval Since Last Report: 0 sec
Per-App Crashes Since Last Report: 75

Date/Time: 2015-06-07 12:00:54.430 -0700
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.5.8 (9L31a)
Report Version: 6
Anonymous UUID: E03A8E4C-AC86-44C2-A5BC-2390819B37D2

Exception Type: EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000
Crashed Thread: 0

Dyld Error Message:
unknown required load command 0x80000022
  • Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
  • PlatinumQuest Programmer
  • Thank you received: 205
07 Jun 2015 20:10 #5
you are using mac os 10.5.8.

You need 10.6+ in order to run marbleblast platinum.

I am a programmer. Most here know me for being one of the major contributors to Marble Blast Platinum and PlatinumQuest.
  • HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
  • Thank you received: 604
07 Jun 2015 20:11 - 07 Jun 2015 20:12 #6

Red & White wrote: OS Version: Mac OS X 10.5.8 (9L31a)

That'd be your issue. MBP 1.50+ only works on Mac OS X 10.6 and above, due to needing newer features to fix the networking. There is no plan to support older versions of Mac OS X at this time.

This signature is real code
Code:
function clientcmd12dothepq() { commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor'); }
Last edit: 07 Jun 2015 20:12 by HiGuy.
  • IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
07 Jun 2015 20:14 #7
Two of our most senior programmers battled to answer you first, each in their own way. One blames Jeff, the other codes MBP/PQ, and neither of them is even able to fix challenges or super challenges. That speaks volumes.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jeff, Three
  • HypedForReal
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
07 Jun 2015 20:35 #8
i somehow cant update my mac to 10.6 because when i go on software update it said that my mac updates are up to date
07 Jun 2015 21:04 #9
Older Mac OS X upgrades aren't free... You need to get a new computer.
  • Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
07 Jun 2015 21:15 - 07 Jun 2015 21:33 #10
MacOSX 10.6 can be still bought for $20, however I strongly recommend that you get a new computer as the higher you go, the slower it runs. Also recommended at least 2GB of ram if you pursue the 10.6 route. Your computer, based on that version of OSX, is mighty old and outdated.

With apple hardware, you need to pretty much buy a new machine every 3 or 4 years to keep up with technology. PCs can sometimes go longer. And that's a choice mac users make, and apple screws people over (I use macs also). It is a blessing to see when people still support the OSX versions, but also a burden on program features that can't take advantage of cool things on newer versions of OSX.

If I were you, I wouldn't buy 10.6 as your machine is too old. I'd get a new computer.

MacOSX 10.5 was released in 2007. The current version of OSX is 10.10.3. Big difference :P

I am a programmer. Most here know me for being one of the major contributors to Marble Blast Platinum and PlatinumQuest.
Last edit: 07 Jun 2015 21:33 by ProMarbler. Reason: Grammar please.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ProMarbler
  • Kalle29
  • I blame ping for losing
  • Thank you received: 754
07 Jun 2015 21:25 - 07 Jun 2015 21:27 #11

Jeff wrote: You're computer

your*

and lmao 10.5.8 holy moly that's outdated. And soon 10.6 will be useless as well. I say you should get a windows 7/10. If you like Mac then that's too bad for you. Using apple products will bring you these problems, no way to avoid it really (unless you have some serious $$$ to spend).

༼ ͡◕ ͜ ʖ ͡◕༽ You have been visited by the Nivea™ Donger of moisture. Soft skin and good fortune will come to you, but only if you post "thank you Mr. Skeltal" in this thread ༼ ͡◕ ͜ ʖ ͡◕༽
Last edit: 07 Jun 2015 21:27 by Kalle29.
07 Jun 2015 21:36 #12
Unfortunately Windows simply is not an option, for obvious reasons. :)

Arch Linux please. Every living creature that has at least the intelligence of an amoeba should use and understand it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jeff
  • Eguy
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Booper Supreme
  • Thank you received: 208
07 Jun 2015 22:05 - 07 Jun 2015 22:05 #13
Don't listen to Kalle, he tries to convince everyone to use windows :P I thought you could update for free...?

"it's the internet eguy. where children are men. men are monkeys, and women are PQ."
-Jeff 2014
Last edit: 07 Jun 2015 22:05 by Eguy.
  • J@ckRB
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • *some self-degrading humour*
  • Thank you received: 164
07 Jun 2015 22:36 - 07 Jun 2015 22:40 #14
I see this thread has descended from an actual support topic to this.
Well, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

Eguy wrote: Don't listen to Kalle, he tries to convince everyone to use windows :P

That's a bad thing...? Windows is pretty good stability wise and doesn't have a new OS every year since the start of time.

Eguy wrote: I though you could update for free...?

>Implying Apple are reasonable about pricing towards their consumers

Also you can upgrade to Windows 10 ,assuming you have Windows 7 or 8, during its first year for free.

"funny quote" - funny person 2016 part 2 electric boogaloo
Last edit: 07 Jun 2015 22:40 by J@ckRB. Reason: removed () because windows 8 wanted to become a sunglasses smiley. you're not fooling anyone windows 8. you're just an annoying tablet os that is put onto new comps because its new. xp master race
  • Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
07 Jun 2015 22:38 #15

Eguy wrote: Don't listen to Kalle, he tries to convince everyone to use windows :P I thought you could update for free...?

Only if you have 10.6 or higher, you can update to 10.10 for free.

• HypedForReal
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
07 Jun 2015 23:00 #16
ok then ill wait for getting a new computer then
  • Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
14 Jun 2015 19:44 #17
Resolved.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.807 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.