SUPPORT BOARD OVERVIEW & TIPS:

About Receiving Help from the Support Board: While all members may answer questions posted in the Support board, you should only rely on responses posted or confirmed by support moderators and website administrators. Any solutions provided by members of the community that are not verified by a staff member (as indicated by a light-green background) are provided as-is, and we cannot take responsibility for any of the results of said actions.

About Responding to Support Threads: If you feel you know the answer to a question, you are welcome to respond to the thread and politely offer assistance. Please be courteous and try to provide detailed and helpful solutions to users who may not be as advanced as you. We ask that you refrain from posting one-sentence solutions.

Please search for existing topics before creating one! It's quite likely someone else has already encountered a similar issue which was resolved. You can search for existing support threads by clicking here .

About Topic Tags:

* Topics denoted with the [OPEN] tag are awaiting a response from the end user. You are welcome to post in these threads if you are experiencing a similar issue so we may provide further support.

* Topics denoted with the [RESOLVED] title have been successfully answered and confirmed by a support moderator and the end user, and should be used as a reference. These topics are locked.

* Topics denoted with the [CLOSED] tag were either inactive for more than 30 days or the end user did not respond to a suggestion and confirm if the issue was resolved. These topics are locked.

lock [CLOSED] Torque Constructor Opening problem

• Lichable
  • Lichable's Avatar Topic Author
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Thank you received: 11
14 Jun 2015 19:30 - 14 Jun 2015 19:42 #1
Hey guys!

Marble Blast must hate me, because the number of problems I'm having with it, it's just insane.
Sp, what's the problem : When I want to open the TorqueConstructor, I get this error message :

"Failed to open main.cs"
And then :
"Failed to initialize game, shutting down"

What I tried :
Copy the "main.cs" from my Marble Blast Platinum App, and then replace it on the Constructor's folder. Nothing changed.
I'm sure the answer to this question is very simple, but I've never been good in those kind of things, and i'd like some help.

Thanks guys, Lichie :)

Edit by Jeff: He's on OSX
Last edit: 14 Jun 2015 19:42 by Jeff.
The topic has been locked.
  • HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
  • Thank you received: 604
14 Jun 2015 19:58 #2

Lichable wrote: Copy the "main.cs" from my Marble Blast Platinum App, and then replace it on the Constructor's folder. Nothing changed.

That's definitely not going to work. You should try redownloading constructor from GarageGames and replacing your main.cs with the one from there.

Where do you have the Constructor application (the thing with the torque symbol)? It needs to be in the same folder as main.cs.

This signature is real code
Code:
function clientcmd12dothepq() { commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor'); }
  • Thank you received: 123
14 Jun 2015 20:03 #3
As I vaguely recall, receiving a message like that is usually because the engine cannot locate the main.cs script file. It is the exact same dialog as generated in MarbleBlast Gold, using the same ancient Carbon API.

The main.cs files are not equivalent. Make sure you use Constructor's version, and check to see that you haven't moved the main.cs file to the wrong location.
  • Lichable
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
15 Jun 2015 10:28 #4
So What I did is simply redownload the constructor, so now there's a fresh new copy of the folder with the right "main.cs" (@Higuy : the main.cs is in the same folder as the constructor app).

But still, the same error message.
15 Jun 2015 10:33 #5
What version of OS X are you on?
  • Lichable
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
15 Jun 2015 11:25 #6
I'm on Mavericks 10.9.5
  • Lichable
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
23 Jun 2015 10:28 #7
Since it's been more than a week I'm waiting, I think I can bump this post without getting in trouble because I double posted.
23 Jun 2015 11:53 #8
I don't know what your issue is at this point. :C Sorry!

A few things...
You downloaded the Constructor version you are using now. Have you applied the patches for 1.0.4? The GarageGames download is unpatched. (As I recall...)
Do you have a GarageGames account? Make sure that you didn't download the application from elsewhere. You need a (free) key from GG in order to run Constructor. I assume you know this?
Have you ever managed to successfully run Constructor?

If you need that patch, I know I have the files around here somewhere...
  • Lichable
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
24 Jun 2015 18:42 #9
For the GG things, everything is in order.
I've never got the Constructor to run successfully before.
For the 1.0.4 patch, someone gave me a link but this one didn't work, so I stayed with the 10.3 version.
If you have the patch on your computer, it would be nice if you could send it to me!

Thanks! :)
Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.752 seconds