SUPPORT BOARD OVERVIEW & TIPS:

About Receiving Help from the Support Board: While all members may answer questions posted in the Support board, you should only rely on responses posted or confirmed by support moderators and website administrators. Any solutions provided by members of the community that are not verified by a staff member (as indicated by a light-green background) are provided as-is, and we cannot take responsibility for any of the results of said actions.

About Responding to Support Threads: If you feel you know the answer to a question, you are welcome to respond to the thread and politely offer assistance. Please be courteous and try to provide detailed and helpful solutions to users who may not be as advanced as you. We ask that you refrain from posting one-sentence solutions.

Please search for existing topics before creating one! It's quite likely someone else has already encountered a similar issue which was resolved. You can search for existing support threads by clicking here .

About Topic Tags:

* Topics denoted with the [OPEN] tag are awaiting a response from the end user. You are welcome to post in these threads if you are experiencing a similar issue so we may provide further support.

* Topics denoted with the [RESOLVED] title have been successfully answered and confirmed by a support moderator and the end user, and should be used as a reference. These topics are locked.

* Topics denoted with the [CLOSED] tag were either inactive for more than 30 days or the end user did not respond to a suggestion and confirm if the issue was resolved. These topics are locked.

lock [CLOSED] The Tale of the Lost Marble Blast Soundtracks...?

• Eguy
  • Eguy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Booper Supreme
  • Thank you received: 208
04 Jul 2015 15:11 - 08 Aug 2015 14:13 #1
Hey all, Eguy here! I'm sure you're quite tired of seeing me post, since I've been posting a lot about MBSuper lately. But I will rarely post there anymore since whatever I say ends up grumpy and unlike me since I've been stressed a lot more than I realized (:P), so I'm sorry about that. I'm still young, and I have a lot to learn, and I really appreciate all the positive influence this community has given me day in and day out.

Alright, I'm here to ask about something completely different. A while ago, when I was around about seven years old, long before I joined the forum, I was playing MB one day...

And I had gotten completely bored of playing levels. Yay me. So, since I hadn't really read the Manual section of MBP when first starting and had actually proceeded to play the game and learn by myself, I wondered what possible stuff could be found in the instructions, just because I like reading random stuff like that when I'm bored...

And, after many long minutes of dreadfully and slowly reading each word, something very strange happened. The song in the background, which was Rising Temper, was slowly but surely morphing into another soundtrack, which I had never heard before. Rising Temper was fading away and a new track was taking it's place. It sounded kind of like a rock piece, kind of like the first song of the MBG WRR 4 Advanced, but a bit slower. Then, I was very excited (as little kids are) about this weird, fuzzy, dream-like, mystical occurrence, and I tried playing some levels to see if this trend would proceed with the other soundtracks of the game. I played the level Ice Diamond (from Director's Cut, you know the one), which had the soundtrack Pianoforte, and indeed, as I rushed down the ice slopes of the level with my six or seven year old MB skill (ish :^), Pianoforte, after about 10 seconds of the original track faded and morphed into a track similar to Pianoforte but in a minor key, and it sounded really cool and epic...

Now, totally in wonder, I continued on my quest by playing the Expert level Trigonometry. The soundtrack was "The Race." The same exact thing happened, and the song changed into another techno track. It kind of had the same feel as the first song from the MBG WRR 3 Intermediate. Then, I replayed Trigonometry but using the track Tim Trance instead. This was the weirdest experience of all. It stayed as Tim Trance for about 10 seconds, then the harmony of it faded into random noise, as it had done before, and then a new track emerged, which sounded a little like Tim Trance, but also had some random guys rapping in it. It started out with them yelling stuff as it if was Salsa or some form of Latino music. Then, they started rapping and it sounded a little like a cross of a Tim Trance-esque thing and "Pump It" by the Black Eyed Peas. Except, the guys were rapping something muffled that sounded like "Who Farted in the War?" Please don't think I'm kidding, I remember the whole thing fuzzily but clearly. Believe me, I always remember random, useless details...

So then I played the Intermediate level, Beach Party, to try out yet another soundtrack which I was eager to find out about. Flanked. I played the level for about 10 seconds, and nothing changed. I proceeded with the level, and it stayed the same and I realized that the funny trance-like "glitch" was over, and over for good...

So, what could've happened? I never heard those soundtracks before and I never had again to this day. So is there any way I can retrieve these tracks? Has anyone experienced this before? Does anyone know what I'm talking about? I'm pretty sure I am not crazy, even though what may have happened was a YouTube video was playing in the background and I'd be banging my head from stupidity, but I highly, highly doubt it.

Thanks, I've always been curious about this whole situation, and it's always been a mystic mystery for me. Thank goodness for this community who I can talk to about this unusual experience!

Oh, by the way, I was running MBP 1.12 on Mac OS X 4 or 5, I can't remember which. Must I find out which one?

~Eguy

"it's the internet eguy. where children are men. men are monkeys, and women are PQ."
-Jeff 2014
Last edit: 08 Aug 2015 14:13 by Aayrl.
The topic has been locked.
  • Thank you received: 406
04 Jul 2015 15:31 #2
I honestly have no idea what that is, and I wasn't playing MBP until 1.20 came out for Mac, but Pianoforte in a minor key sounds super righteous! I would totally like to hear that. Also, you have really good grammar, so I'll increase your karma for that.
  • Eguy
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Booper Supreme
04 Jul 2015 15:36 #3
Thank you very much! I works very hard on write stuff.

"it's the internet eguy. where children are men. men are monkeys, and women are PQ."
-Jeff 2014
  • whirligig
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 261
04 Jul 2015 16:41 - 04 Jul 2015 16:43 #4
And you're sure you aren't crazy? I've *never* heard of a Marble Blast track with rappers in it. Unless HiGuy is going to tell us that they put that in to confuse some lucky person or something ...

There are other inconsistencies as well. I'm pretty sure Rising Temper would never play on the help menu unless you used the Jukebox or something. It would either be Quiet Lab or the default menu music (Metropolis / Pianoforte).

... Maybe it was a dream that you ended up thinking was real? I've had that happen once or twice.
Last edit: 04 Jul 2015 16:43 by whirligig.
  • Eguy
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Booper Supreme
04 Jul 2015 16:57 #5
Naw, I'm almost certain this was real. And, I think Rising Temper used to play on the help menu. Remember, this was in MBP 1.12. Also, the rappers' voices were kind of muffled.

-Jeff 2014
  • Thank you received: 67
04 Jul 2015 17:25 - 04 Jul 2015 17:28 #6
Agree with whirligig, this sounds like a really cool dream. Maybe the older members know what you're talking about. Also, the version of Mac you were running most likely has no effect on the game, especially not something specific like that.
Last edit: 04 Jul 2015 17:28 by Jkk39.
  • IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
04 Jul 2015 18:31 #7
Quiet Lab used to play for the Manual, so maybe you're thinking of that?
1.12 never had any additional soundtracks. Make sure you're listening to all the current ones we have in 1.50 and if none match what you remember, I'm afraid you're thinking of something completely different. The fadeout mid-whatever is non-existent for us as well.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.
  • Eguy
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Booper Supreme
04 Jul 2015 18:40 - 04 Jul 2015 18:40 #8
Wow, very odd. The weirdest thing and most important is that I heard the trend only for a short time and never heard it again afterward. I remember this happening. If there's any way I could get a copy of MBP 1.12 I might do a little more research on it and see if I could cause it to happen again. I doubt it though, since it was kind of a mysterious one-time thing that happened on my older mac laptop. I had a long history of Marble Blast with that computer, so anything could've happened with it. I'm pretty sure there were additional soundtracks to the game though that appeared for a few minutes then never happened again. I was expecting this to happen again at some time but it never did. I think we should continue trying to solve this mystery. Maybe some other old developer might know what I'm talking about? Like Phil, Ian, Jase, etc.?

-Jeff 2014
Last edit: 04 Jul 2015 18:40 by Eguy.
  • Thank you received: 5
04 Jul 2015 19:52 #9
It might have just been a dream which faded into you're memory of reality. I have had those before.
  • IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
04 Jul 2015 21:02 #10
Was Phil's Endurance track playing then?

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.
  • Eguy
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Booper Supreme
04 Jul 2015 21:28 - 04 Jul 2015 21:28 #11
No. I think I only tried Rising Temper, Pianoforte, The Race, and Tim Trance.

-Jeff 2014
Last edit: 04 Jul 2015 21:28 by Eguy.
Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.897 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.