• Eguy
  • Eguy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Booper Supreme
  • Thank you received: 208
02 Jun 2021 02:06 - 13 Jun 2021 15:34 #1
Yo everyone's still alive, right?

Cool. It's been an...interesting last year both inside and outside this little place we call the Marble Blast Community and we could all use a cold beer, except we're all underage squeakers so a well-established Marbilian tradition will have to suffice. Today, me (haha Vibrancy Grounds lol), Chris, (haha 3-0 lol) and MBOUltimate (haha lol) have put our heads together -- a dynamic trio rivaled only by Skinnydickpenis, Cryin' Bryan and Jewish Lion -- to bring you the 2021 Marble Blast Multiplayer Tournament.

Last time we had one of these, [strike]Trump/Pence[/strike] Smith/Weissman were still in office, the entire world economy hadn’t crashed (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻, and most of this community hadn’t gotten laid -- wait, what’s that? Oh, nevermind. I thought things might be different now that marbleblast.vagi.na exists.

Please read this post thoroughly before announcing your intent to participate. If you hate reading like I do, I sympathize but also kindly ask you to suck it up cause I put a lot of effort into this and I want to mitigate confusion for all y’all. Without further ado, let's jump right in with the format!

Swiss Rounds

This year’s tournament will be broken up into two parts. First, we have the regular season, which will be in the Swiss format, lasting from June 14th to August 2nd. It’s very simple. You will be assigned a new matchup each week. Your first week opponent will be drawn at random, and the rest of your opponents will be based on how well you fare. The first round will kick off the week of Monday, June 14th and the last round will END Monday, August 2nd. The start and cutoff times for each week will be Mondays at midnight PST (GMT-8), The matches will be best of five. The higher seeded player gets to choose whether they want to pick first or not. For the first week, this will be randomized. Ya know what else will be randomized? The fifth game if a match gets that far. Brace yourselves for King of the Marble mothafuckas.

Playoffs
Playoffs will begin August 2nd. Number of players to qualify TBD once we know how many have signed up in total. Same deal except best of seven (nine for the finals), and now you will only get to pick any given map once for the entire playoffs. Choose wisely! Play to your opponents’ weaknesses, use your prime weapons as aggressively or conservatively as you desire, and if you pick Fault Line against me, you’d better be a trans girl who needs help transitioning cause I'll rip your dick off.

No-Shows
Because the matchups for any given week are determined by what happened the week prior, it is essential that all matches get played. No-shows will be dealt with on a case by case basis. If it is clearly the fault of one player, they will get an automatic 3-0 loss. If both players are clearly at fault, a 0-0 game will be considered. We really, really hope these scenarios end up being purely hypothetical. Cmon bro all you gotta do is make time for one MP sesh per week. That’s it. Let’s make this tourney a historic first in that regard, with no no-shows.

Map Choices
All of the standard gem hunt maps are fair game. No winterfest or frightfest maps will be allowed. A shame, really, as I’ve been saying for YEARS that some of the customs have earned their place amongst the official levels. And I’m still salty that Gym got the boot right before I was gonna use it as my secret weapon in the inaugural tourney. *angry egy noises*

Hosting, Recording and Writing Up Matches
This segment certainly has a new twist, and I wish we didn’t have to go over this, but due to the January Marble Blast Coup we have no dedicated servers. Tsuf and Thistle are dead (though hopefully not in real life) after seven plus years of rage, taunt spam, balls and memories. Gone but not forgotten. Due to their absence, I’ve compiled a list of a few people who are port forwarded and therefore capable of hosting matches. These goofuses were willing to dox themselves for the greater ball rolling good. I hope to keep updating this list!

Nockess (Western United States)
Jacob69431 (Western United States)
Nature Freak (Eastern United States)
MBOUltimate (Central Canada)
M@s (Central Europe)
superstar64 (Central United States)
Possibly myself (Western United States)
Tue27 after July 1st (United Kingdom)
Go'way (Central United States)
Jean (Southern Europe)
m0nty0 (Eastern United States)

WANTED:[/b] More people from continental Europe, Asia and Oceania.

Hit any of us up on discord via the official PQ server to plan match times and dates. You are all encouraged to schedule in advance rather than be spontaneous. Speaking of scheduling matches, we’re gonna try and incorporate something never done before: Full play by play and analysis for as many matches as possible. I’m currently finagling with OBS so that myself, Nockess and possibly a few others TBD can stream and commentate. Coincidentally, I’ve wanted to get into streaming for a while now, so when I become a famous Twitch streamer you can all say you were in my very first streams. Expect commentary that would make the Kuiper brothers proud and exceed the caliber of the 2017 Tue vs Invictaa match that featured a Replay of the Day impersonation by yours truly. In the event that neither me or Nockess are available to stream games, make sure to at least get them recorded. If it’s absolutely necessary i. e. Sunday evening and there is no recorder in sight, just go ahead and play the match. If the match has not been recorded, please report the final scores of each game to either this forum thread or the #hype channel in the PQ discord server, along with a brief synopsis/writeup of how the games played out. In fact, write-ups for all matches are encouraged but optional if the matches were streamed/recorded. On to my most important point...

ANYONE CAN JOIN!
Remember, most of all, to have fun. I don’t condone punching holes in Ikea tables, breaking your dad’s ribs, or getting saltier than your average MB community member after a five second discord mute. Incidents akin to the Great Pee Torter Saltfest of 2014 are, while iconic, not really what we wanna see. And of course, players of all skill levels are welcome to join. This is a tired cliche, but even if you think you ain’t gonna beat the top tier players, there’s no better time to improve, and it’s a great experience regardless. I sure as hell didn’t have a shot the first few years I participated but I enjoyed it.

Prize
At the moment we don’t have any monetary prize planned, but may consider one if there is enough popular demand. For now, I’m sure we’ll get some fancy ass flairs from Aayrl if he and his wife aren’t too busy raising an army of future marblers. So it goes for The Only Marble Blaster to Have a Life ™. If he is too busy, here are some potential prize choices:

become mod
get neck rub from jojo
get PQ 2 top secret build

FAQ
If there are any questions I’ve failed to answer here, hit up Nock, MBO or myself on discord. All of us are available round the clock cause let’s be real, none of us have lives.

• PQ crash!!

Crashes will be dealt with on a case by case basis. Let’s just say, assuming it’s a five minute map, one player has an insurmountable lead with less than a minute left, there is no need to replay it. If there is less than two minutes left, it’s up to both players to come to an agreement. If we’re not through the halfway point, the game is replayed, period. If it’s anybody’s game even if there’s not much time left, the game is replayed, period. Again, this is just a basic framework and should be case by case.

• Tie game!!

If the map was somebody’s choice, replay the game on the same map. If it happens in a randomized game 5/7/9, randomize again.

• Voice taunts!!

...are fair game. Just be tactful.

This forum post is a good resource for FAQ, as are all the tourney posts from years past.

marbleblast.com/index.php/forum/mb-tourn...t-tournament?start=0

Players Currently Signed Up (32)
    Eguy
    Nockess
    Doomblah
    Jacob69431
    Xedron
    CylinderKnot
    Kalle29
    QwertyQwertz
    petalflurry
    Ignas
    Jean
    Tue27
    Connie
    J@ckRB
    Whitepoplar
    husemat69
    TrueSlayer74
    Storminorman
    SerjG2005
    c0wmanglr
    Robert
    August
    main_gi
    deathlora
    Xaqi
    Invictaa
    Gittles
    Lee
    Regislian
    Nature Freak
    enigma
    MBOUltimate

Challonge Link
    challonge.com/o276b0zs

Good luck!

tl;dr joj

"it's the internet eguy. where children are men. men are monkeys, and women are PQ."
    -Jeff 2014
    Last edit: 13 Jun 2021 15:34 by Eguy.
    The following user(s) said Thank You: MBOUltimate, Xaqi, petalflurry, c0wmanglr

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Nockess
    • Respected Marbler
    • Respected Marbler
    • Cheater Supreme
    • Thank you received: 786
    02 Jun 2021 02:13 - 02 Jun 2021 02:13 #2
    Sign me up.

Three things to poke:
    - superstar64 has a dedicated server.
    - King of the Ring isn't an official map anymore lol
    - 3-0 comeback bitch

Call me Chris!

Discord: Nockess#4107
    YouTube: www.youtube.com/Nockess
    Custom Levels: marbleland.vaniverse.io/profile/5
    Last edit: 02 Jun 2021 02:13 by Nockess.

• Doomblah
    • Marble Blast Veteran
    • Thank you received: 83
    02 Jun 2021 02:15 #3
    Count me in! I doubt I'll get very far but it should be a lot of fun
    The following user(s) said Thank You: Eguy

• Eguy
    • Expert Marbler
    • Expert Marbler
    • Booper Supreme
    02 Jun 2021 02:21 #4

Nockess wrote: - 3-0 comeback bitch

half speed lookin ass lolol

"it's the internet eguy. where children are men. men are monkeys, and women are PQ."
    -Jeff 2014

• Jacob
    • Beginner Marbler
    • Beginner Marbler
    • Good, but not too good
    • Thank you received: 1
    02 Jun 2021 02:31 #5
    Am in

• Xedron
    • Professional Marbler
    • Professional Marbler
    • Level Speedrunner
    • Thank you received: 294
    02 Jun 2021 03:01 #6
    sure

"cna you salt spalt the slevel salt of 6 year salt who ca salt the lsat" - nobody, 2017

• CylinderKnot
    • Advanced Marbler
    • Advanced Marbler
    • Personal Text
    • Thank you received: 76
    02 Jun 2021 03:19 #7
    Count me in.

Signature

• Kalle29
    • I blame ping for losing
    • Thank you received: 754
    02 Jun 2021 03:35 #8
    Sign me up as well. Also there is no need for a 3-0 comeback, all you need to do

༼ ͡◕ ͜ ʖ ͡◕༽ You have been visited by the Nivea™ Donger of moisture. Soft skin and good fortune will come to you, but only if you post "thank you Mr. Skeltal" in this thread ༼ ͡◕ ͜ ʖ ͡◕༽

• Eguy
    • Expert Marbler
    • Expert Marbler
    • Booper Supreme
    02 Jun 2021 04:53 #9
    All you need to do is finish your sentence apparently :p

-Jeff 2014

• Eguy
    • Expert Marbler
    • Expert Marbler
    • Booper Supreme
    02 Jun 2021 05:01 - 02 Jun 2021 05:07 #10
    Two quick updates: I've changed the official start time to midnight PST (GMT-8 ) instead of GMT. There's no point in cutting off half of Sunday for North American players. Also, QwertyQwertz has informed me of his intent to participate.

-Jeff 2014
    Last edit: 02 Jun 2021 05:07 by Eguy.

• Eguy
    • Expert Marbler
    • Expert Marbler
    • Booper Supreme
    02 Jun 2021 05:53 - 02 Jun 2021 05:54 #11
    Triple posting cause this needs to be said.

I've had several people misunderstand the timeframe of this tourney -- when i mention Mondays at midnight PST, those are the start and cutoff times for each week. The tourney matches do not all take place on Monday nights. They can be played anytime throughout the entire week, from Monday at midnight until the next Monday at midnight.

Also, two more signups who have trouble logging on to the forums -- petal and Ignas.

-Jeff 2014
    Last edit: 02 Jun 2021 05:54 by Eguy.
    The following user(s) said Thank You: petalflurry, Whitepoplar

• Jean
    • Intermediate Marbler
    • Intermediate Marbler
    • The only Maltese MB Player
    • Thank you received: 20
    02 Jun 2021 07:25 #12
    LETS GOOOOOO
    time to represent the mediterranean, im in

If you don't like camping, go for all spawns, then boom no camping :D

be cool and watch my glorious videos and you get pat
    www.youtube.com/channel/UCdizPA26rBvNfxQrpaJZqyw
    The following user(s) said Thank You: Eguy

• Thank you received: 18
    02 Jun 2021 07:58 #13
    Count me in!

Should probably be able to host games as well, will confirm later.

• Connie
    • Advanced Marbler
    • Advanced Marbler
    • i code for balls
    • Thank you received: 64
    02 Jun 2021 11:41 #14
    lets get this bread, im in

For the best Marble Blast levels, head over to:
    - marbleland.vaniverse.io/pack/18

connieofro.neocities.org/

[img

• J@ckRB
    • Professional Marbler
    • Professional Marbler
    • *some self-degrading humour*
    • Thank you received: 164
    02 Jun 2021 12:22 #15
    lets go

"funny quote" - funny person 2016 part 2 electric boogaloo
    The following user(s) said Thank You: NF

• Whitepoplar
    • Novice Marbler
    • Novice Marbler
    • How do I prove that I exist?
    • Thank you received: 4
    02 Jun 2021 16:14 #16
    Just write my name there, all right? Will be rejoining the Discord server to make the negotiation process much easier.

"One ought, every day at least, to hear a little song, read a good poem, see a fine picture, and, if it were possible, to speak a few reasonable words."

• Thank you received: 0
    02 Jun 2021 16:49 #17
    sure, il participate

• Thank you received: 3
    02 Jun 2021 16:49 #18
    Let's do this. First multiplayer tournament for me, so play nicely... nah you do you :lol:

Considering either recording or streaming (if I ever get the urge to finally press Go Live with confidence, I'll just force myself), or both, for this. Depends on my mood. We'll see!

Notice how I don't communicate over the community as much? Yea, I think that's the reason I barely post. :P

• Eguy
    • Expert Marbler
    • Expert Marbler
    • Booper Supreme
    02 Jun 2021 16:57 #19
    If you’re up for it, that would be wonderful! You could also join our commentary panel on occasion. As long as you’re comfortable, obviously

-Jeff 2014

• Thank you received: 1
    02 Jun 2021 17:13 #20
    Yeah I'm still alive (kinda). Time to derust the MP skills. YINZ ARE GOING DOWN MWAHAHAHAHAHA

• Thank you received: 2
    02 Jun 2021 17:28 #21
    I'm in.

• c0wmanglr
    • Novice Marbler
    • Novice Marbler
    • looking to improve :)
    02 Jun 2021 22:41 #22
    I'll join! I've never participated in a tournament before and have limited multiplayer experience, so I imagine I'll get stomped, but I'm still ready to have some fun! Hopefully I can make it to all my games, too.

• Thank you received: 4
    03 Jun 2021 12:37 #23
    Just putting it out there for future; i would have considered signing up if the tournament wasn't so long - its early June, idk wtf im going to be doing in August

⌛ ⌛ TYYME TRAVELL

• Thank you received: 146
    03 Jun 2021 17:38 #24
    Playoffs are best of 7? Can't wait to throw a 3-0 lead. Sign me up!

:>

04 Jun 2021 13:59 #25
    Count me in. Less gooo.

we ball

• Thank you received: 31
    04 Jun 2021 19:46 #26
    surre

• Eguy
    • Expert Marbler
    • Expert Marbler
    • Booper Supreme
    08 Jun 2021 18:42 #27
    I have added the Challonge link to the main post. This is your #1 resource for matchups everyone so use it!

-Jeff 2014

• Thank you received: 0
    09 Jun 2021 12:19 #28
    Alright, I'll join.

• Thank you received: 15
    09 Jun 2021 18:14 #29
    Let's do this kops, count me in.

• Thank you received: 2
    10 Jun 2021 17:55 #30
    Yas plz.
    The following user(s) said Thank You: NF, Nockess

Moderators: Doomblah
    Time to create page: 1.374 seconds
    We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.