lock 2017 Singleplayer Time Trial Tournament

• Kalle29
  • I blame ping for losing
  • Thank you received: 754
08 Jan 2017 02:27 #31
Where is that doc that listed the amount of retries per week?

༼ ͡◕ ͜ ʖ ͡◕༽ You have been visited by the Nivea™ Donger of moisture. Soft skin and good fortune will come to you, but only if you post "thank you Mr. Skeltal" in this thread ༼ ͡◕ ͜ ʖ ͡◕༽
The topic has been locked.
  • Nockess
  • Respected Marbler
  • Respected Marbler
  • Cheater Supreme
  • Thank you received: 786
08 Jan 2017 03:54 #32
I can't find it either, but just in case if you (or anyone else for that matter), I'll give the list.

5 retries for the Beginner section.
4 retries for both Intermediate sections.
3 retries for both Advanced sections.
2 retries for the first and second Expert sections.
1 retry for the Big 5 section.

Call me Chris!

Discord: Nockess#4107
YouTube: www.youtube.com/Nockess
Custom Levels: marbleland.vaniverse.io/profile/5
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frostfire
  • Frostfire
  • Frostfire's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
  • Thank you received: 447
08 Jan 2017 04:30 #33
I have updated the standings page so that is lists the number of retries below the week number on each week (rozi's list is also correct).

Three runs are in - we have NF clocking in at 570.56, Lee at 416.49 and Xedron leading with 295.55 (liable to slight change upon my playing of Training Towers due to a misunderstanding).

Muffe - I would love to, but hard to do with sheets and also I will often not be receiving the info of when/where people used their retries.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Muffeyo
  • Frostfire
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
09 Jan 2017 03:34 #34
3 more today - cylinder, eguy and tue

Current standings here docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13TEk9OHB...0cc/edit?usp=sharing

1. Xedron
2. Eguy
3. Tue
^safe^
4. Lee
5. Cylinder
6. NF

13 people still to do runs. At the moment, Lee's 416.49 is the time to beat to clinch week 2.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Xedron
  • Nockess
  • Respected Marbler
  • Respected Marbler
  • Cheater Supreme
09 Jan 2017 04:25 #35
I'll have to wait until Wednesday to do my run.
Never get in a big argument with your parents before a tournament.

Call me Chris!

The following user(s) said Thank You: Muffeyo, CylinderKnot
  • Thank you received: 198
09 Jan 2017 11:34 #36
Oh nuuu

lee is awesome
  • Frostfire
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
10 Jan 2017 03:04 #37
11 runs completed so far; 8 to go. As always check the standings page: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13TEk9OHB...0cc/edit?usp=sharing

Short version;

Eguy, Robert, Frostfire, Jack, Kalle, Rozi, Tue and Xedron are all safe to week 2. Kalle has the most best times despite being 6th and Rozi has taken 1st place for himself.

Lee still stands with the time to beat (416.49) and Cylinder and NF are deeper in the relegation zone.
The following user(s) said Thank You: NF, Nockess, Xedron
10 Jan 2017 11:37 - 10 Jan 2017 11:38 #38
Wait I'm not dead yet?

Huh.

lee is awesome
Last edit: 10 Jan 2017 11:38 by Lee.
  • Frostfire
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
11 Jan 2017 23:26 #39
Two more runs; RV and AugustMK posting survival times of 321 and 357 respectively. Lee still at 416 as the first man out. We have 6 people left to go: Regislian, Weather, Muffe, Lichable, Yoshicraft and Hitgod.
12 Jan 2017 11:48 #40
Oh well gg :(

lee is awesome
The following user(s) said Thank You: NF
  • CylinderKnot
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Personal Text
  • Thank you received: 76
12 Jan 2017 14:13 #41

Lee wrote: Oh well gg :(

Don't feel bad! There is always a chance of at least one person no-showing.

Signature
The following user(s) said Thank You: NF
12 Jan 2017 22:00 #42
I still have a chance?

:D

lee is awesome
  • Frostfire
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
14 Jan 2017 14:59 #43
Week 1 Recap

Week 1 is over and it went very well! Despite two no-shows the time trial mechanics are so far holding up nicely. As always you can find everything you need at this link docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13TEk9OHB...0cc/edit?usp=sharing

But here's a small blurb for those of you who are too lazy to click.

Rozi topped week 1 with a time of 278.30, a solid 15 seconds ahead of the competition.

Frostfire and Xedron completed the podium with 294.13 and 295.55 respectively.

El Robert clocked in at 316.75, a few seconds ahead of the pack.

The pack consisted of Kalle (320.61), Radiant (321.27), Eguy (322.57) and Jack (325.04), filling the spots 5-8.

Regislian dropped 20 seconds back from the pack at 346.17 but still managed to clinch the next rank.

And only one second behind Regi, Tue came in at 347.39 to round out the top 10.

Muffe, August, Weather, Lichable, Lee and Cylinder are the rest of the survivors, with Nature Freak coming in at 17th, and Hitgod and Yoshicraft disqualified for lack of participation.

Week's Best: Rozi
Most Top Times: Kalle & Rozi (6 each)
Last man safe: Cylinder
Eliminated: Nature Freak, Hitgod & Yoshicraft

This week, Week 2, we will have 4 redos instead of 5 and, once again, the bottom 3 are eliminated (after this week we knock out 2 per week).

Best of luck to all!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lee, sspenst, Nockess, Robert, Muffeyo
  • Frostfire
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
18 Jan 2017 15:47 #44
Just under three days left to complete your trial. Still 8 players left to go - Regi, August, Robert, Weather, Muffe, Lee, Lichie & Tue.
  • Frostfire
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
21 Jan 2017 15:02 - 21 Jan 2017 15:04 #45
Week 2 Recap

We're heading into Week 3 now, with 4 no-shows and 6 eliminations under our belt.. hopefully everyone else continue to do their runs. Week 3 will have 4 redos again (lucky us!) and the bottom two will be eliminated. Here's what happened in Week 2: (be sure to peek at the link for full report) STANDINGS

Rozi came out on top again at 350.93, however this time he had hot pursuit from Radiant and Frostfire, at 352.53 and 352.97 respectively.

Kalle followed close behind with 357.31.

Xedron secured the top 5 at 371.99.

El Robert (381.41) and Jack (385.07) grabbed the next two spots.

Tue was the best player above 400 at 408.24, and Regislian followed him at 428.36.

Weather dropped a fair ways back but still clinched 10th place with a time of 475.77.

Lee, Cylinder and Eguy conclude the survivors, all knocking down times in the 490s, with Muffe coming in barely too slow at 505 and Lichable & AugustMK eliminated for lack of participation.

Most Top Times: RadiantVibe (5)
Last man safe: Eguy
Eliminated: Muffe, Lichable & August
Deadliest Level: Roll Like the Wind

Now it gets real folks! Two more players to knock out this week. Good luck!
Last edit: 21 Jan 2017 15:04 by Frostfire.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nockess, Robert, CylinderKnot
  • Nockess
  • Respected Marbler
  • Respected Marbler
  • Cheater Supreme
21 Jan 2017 15:53 #46
Levels are starting to get scary. The entirety of the intermediate levels can be a bit intimidating, but the real stuff is going to come in week 5.
Good luck to everyone! (Eguy you got lucky.)

Call me Chris!

• CylinderKnot
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Personal Text
23 Jan 2017 03:48 #47
WARNING: Dragged Up will kill your run. No one so far has had a run even remotely close to flawless on that awful level. Dragged Up can die in a hole, slowly, painfully, and quietly. I can no longer give Eguy a hard time about Avoiding Hazards because of my disastrous run on Dragged Up. Dragged Up? More like "Dragged Outofthetournament."

Signature
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nockess, Xedron, Muffeyo
  • Frostfire
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
28 Jan 2017 02:01 #48
IMPORTANT: Respawn button (backspace) is now BANNED from the tournament. DO NOT USE IT! Disable it if you can. Recorders, whenever a runner respawns, add 10 seconds to their final time on the level.

Week 3 Recap

Week 3 has come and gone void of no-shows, and now we're really starting to get into the thick of the competition. As always see THE STANDINGS here. Weekly blurb:

Frostfire (554.86) dethroned Rozi (576.00), although Rozi managed to stay on the podium, which was capped off by Kalle (583.37).

Eguy and RadiantVibe posted times just above the 600 mark at 619.50 and 628.61 respectively.

Regislian (686.26) followed, defeating Tue (690.42) by four seconds. These two have been next to eachother on the table all three weeks so far.

El Robert clocked in at 701.58, fast enough to clench a spot into the next week.

Xedron (744.42) and J@ckRB (774.80) followed in the 700s.

Lee Zi Xian completes the list of survivors, posting a time of 805.42 which was just enough to get him through to Week 4.

Weather (908.57) and CylinderKnot (983.76), despite solid efforts, were eliminated this week.

Week's Best: Frostfire
Most Top Times: Frostfire & Rozi (4 each)
Last Man Safe: Lee Zi Xian
Eliminated: Weather & CylinderKnot
Deadliest Level: Dragged Up!

Despite the common pre-week belief that Daedal Helix would be the most dangerous level yet in the tournament, Dragged Up turned out much worse! Only three players defeated it: Regislian & Kalle posted 17s and 16s respectively, and Tue mauled the level with 13s on his first try. All other players posted undesirable times or used redos (or both).

Good luck to all in week 4!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Robert
  • CylinderKnot
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Personal Text
28 Jan 2017 03:22 #49
I have a feeling that a normally tame level like Swivel, Lightning Ice, or Treachery will kill several runs instead of the vicious Fighting Slopes or Platform Race.

Signature
  • Kalle29
  • I blame ping for losing
  • Thank you received: 754
28 Jan 2017 03:38 #50
lol, Fighting slopes and platform race are probably the levels I fear the least in this round

༼ ͡◕ ͜ ʖ ͡◕༽ You have been visited by the Nivea™ Donger of moisture. Soft skin and good fortune will come to you, but only if you post "thank you Mr. Skeltal" in this thread ༼ ͡◕ ͜ ʖ ͡◕༽
  • Thank you received: 64
28 Jan 2017 05:48 #51
I fear nothing :evil:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nockess
  • Frostfire
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
03 Feb 2017 21:05 #52
Standings: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13TEk9OHB...c/edit#gid=496429694

We've finally reached Week 5, the evil week with Despair and Morph, as well as loads of other heinous levels such as Ring Stunts, Ultimate Tree and Quaked Path. Half the competition has been knocked out now, and we're left with less than the top 10 contestants. Before I go into that, everyone needs to BE AWARE:

There are MULTIPLE MPL/CUS levels THIS WEEK, so recorders pay attention - last week there were numerous playings of the wrong Platform Race mission. Here is what you need to do as the recorder:

On Platform Race 2, Strategy Climb, Despair & Morph, PAY CLOSE ATTENTION!!! If the runner falls off after activating a moving platform it will be made IMPOSSIBLE to finish. Check what time they hit the startpad after respawning and round DOWN to the nearest second. These levels are marked with CYAN MPLs on the standings sheet.

On Treacherous Path, Despair & Thief, MAKE SURE to play the NUKELESS version of the level!! This can be found under the customs tab, just like Ground Zero and Platform Race. These levels are marked with a YELLOW CUS on the standings sheet.

Also recall that 10 seconds are to be added to the clock per use of the illegal respawn button.

---
---
---
---
---

Now then, on to the good stuff.

Week 4 Recap

9 players are still left standing out of the original 19 - we've knocked out more than half of the beginning pool & broken the Top 10. Here's what went down this week, for all that you missed:

Rozi came out on top (again, solidifying his status as 'pack leader') with a time of 420.81, just .12 away from becoming a memefest. Rozi had a stellar run in which he AVOIDED hitting off the finish sign on Perilous Road.

Frostfire followed close behind, also with an excellent run, but sadly he did NOT AVOID hitting off the finish sign on Perilous Road, winding up with 440.56.

Xedron (471.34) made the podium for the second time in the tournament, the first being Week 1, and again kicked off the runs on Saturday. With minimal errors and two top times, he could be a dangerous contender for the title.

Regislian seems to be improving with the increase in level difficulty, presenting his best run yet this week with a time of 517.57. Despite a rather pathetic fail on Slope Madness, he used a retry to succesfully shave off more than a minute and grab a top time on the level, along with 3 others (Nukesweeper, Treachery & Lightning Ice) to get his first 4 top times of the tournament all in the same week!

J@ckRB also made a move forward, taking 5th place with a time of 546.40, and remaining unperplexed (six times!!!) by a tornado. He also snagged the top time on Gap Aimer at 9.50.

RadiantVibe came skidding in right behind Jack at 552.87, knocking down a solid total despite a slip-ups on Swivel and Slippery Steps (must be those slippery names), perhaps thanks to his 9.26 on Pink-Fold Maze, with which he became the lowest-ranked player to grab a top time this week.

Kalle slid back a little in the table, landing in 7th with 592.74. Even though he had no top times, his ranking would have been quite high if not for errors on the fold-mazes and Crash Course, as well as a combination of GM ping and failures on Beach Party, which cost him nearly two minutes (120) of time.

El Robert clocked in at 689.52.

...and Eguy became the last man safe at 690.06. Notice the closeness of these two times. Robert was set to pull out the most clutch elimination ever until...

Tue, third-to-last runner to go, saved Eguy from a .54 defeat by scoring 754.78, falling short of Eguy's and Robert's times. Sadly, Tue will be leaving us this week, despite a valiant effort at the slow-and-steady technique, which served him well (times in the +5s range of good runs) until he hit Beach Party and Slip Up, which dismembered him for at least a minute and a half (90) of extra time, which was enough to push him past Eguy's 690.

Lee Zi Xian rounds out the week's standings, (though not far behind) with 773.83 and a good run full of perseverance. A WRR ending to Crash Course, a fall with 6/6 on NeonTech, and a failure to get the checkpoint on Beach Party proved too much, in the end, for some other solid times of his to overcome.

Most Top Times: Rozi (6)
Last Man Safe: Eguy
Eliminated: Tue & Lee Zi Xian
Deadliest Level: Beach Party

Thanks to Tue & Lee for solid forgings into the final table, and congratulations to all those who survived. Good luck in Week 5!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lee, Tue27, Eguy, Nockess, Robert, Xedron, CylinderKnot
  • Nockess
  • Respected Marbler
  • Respected Marbler
  • Cheater Supreme
03 Feb 2017 21:23 #53
I have the feeling that in one of these next couple weeks I'm going to fail embarrassingly on a level and get eliminated. Honestly, I'm expecting that to happen in week 5. Good luck to everyone else, because the levels have now just gotten a lot scarier and they're going to stay that way for the rest of the competition.

Watch Eguy win the whole thing. You got lucky again. ;)

Call me Chris!

• Eguy
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Booper Supreme
  • Thank you received: 208
04 Feb 2017 01:27 #54

Rozi wrote: I have the feeling that in one of these next couple weeks I'm going to fail embarrassingly on a level and get eliminated. Honestly, I'm expecting that to happen in week 5. Good luck to everyone else, because the levels have now just gotten a lot scarier and they're going to stay that way for the rest of the competition.

Watch Eguy win the whole thing. You got lucky again. ;)

...lol...
I seriously do not know how i survived this far. I know i probably dont deserve to be here after weeks 2 and 4, but I am gonna hope to take this opportunity as far as i can and ensure that nothing like what happened ever does again to the same extent. :P

And Rahzee, you do say that you may fail in week five and get eliminated, but...you've literally owned the podium and even if you do fail pathetically, i'm sure there will be two people who do so worse than you. :P

Thanks to Tue and Lee for participating, both showed real promise and it's a bummer to see them out.
Just walked in the door to my house, and first thing i'm doing is practicing for week five lol. Can't wait! GL all!

"it's the internet eguy. where children are men. men are monkeys, and women are PQ."
-Jeff 2014
04 Feb 2017 05:16 #55

Deadliest level: Beach Party

pls

lee is awesome
  • Nockess
  • Respected Marbler
  • Respected Marbler
  • Cheater Supreme
05 Feb 2017 06:08 #56

This is not okay.

Call me Chris!

The following user(s) said Thank You: J@ckRB, sspenst, NF, Robert
  • Xedron
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Level Speedrunner
  • Thank you received: 294
05 Feb 2017 16:37 #57

This is not okay.

"cna you salt spalt the slevel salt of 6 year salt who ca salt the lsat" - nobody, 2017
Attachments:
  • Thank you received: 146
05 Feb 2017 20:47 #58
Grats on the first thousand! Let's hope it's not the only one ;)
looking at me here... :(

:>
The following user(s) said Thank You: Xedron, CylinderKnot
  • Nockess
  • Respected Marbler
  • Respected Marbler
  • Cheater Supreme
08 Feb 2017 21:35 #59
I wouldn't say so, Robert. Looks as if you got the top time (so far) for this week. Nice job!

Call me Chris!

The following user(s) said Thank You: Robert
  • Thank you received: 64
09 Feb 2017 04:33 #60
so far...
The following user(s) said Thank You: NF, Robert
Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 1.129 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.