file Robert's Videos

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
09 Jul 2017 15:14 #91
didnt want you to miss out on the mbg finish sign in pq so we did this instead so have some nostalgia

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nockess, Robert

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Robert
  • Robert's Avatar Topic Author
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • :D
  • Thank you received: 146
05 Aug 2017 15:04 - 08 Aug 2017 16:21 #92

Hey, I can use .rrec :D

:>
Last edit: 08 Aug 2017 16:21 by Robert.

• Robert
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
08 Aug 2017 16:21 - 08 Aug 2017 16:23 #93
ye 2

The first time I played Manic Bounce I thought something like this would look cool. I'd say it looks pretty cool.

Last edit: 08 Aug 2017 16:23 by Robert. Reason: ye 2

• Robert
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
09 Aug 2017 19:03 #94
Seems like I'm uploading more often. :>

• Robert
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
11 Aug 2017 11:50 #95
New Video! :D

Here's my first compilation of PlatinumQuest Awesome Times. I plan on getting them all and recording most of them.

Levels and Notes:

El Titiritero - Not too much to say here, It's a small level.

Into the Deep - This run can easily be improved but I was happy enough with it.

Railgun - I am not really sure if jumping before getting the Anvil could be faster with great timing. I don't really think so but who knows?

Sky High Circuit - This was a really hard run to get. Camera movement and diagonal movement all the time are key to beating this. A little tip I have for you if you're going for this is to do a natural bounce at the end of the third curve in the final 2 laps. I wasn't doing this and I was bouncing from the fourth curve losing speed. The natural bounce seems to stop this problem.

Trained to Fade - I am very happy with this run. That edge hit was really nice. I think it's possible to edge hit straight to the Checkpoint and save a little bit more time.

Polymorphism - Again, very happy. As of uploading the video, this is the current world record on the level. I have a feeling it can go lower than 1:02.500. I might try to improve it in the future.

• Robert
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
19 Aug 2017 19:26 #96
New video! :D

I feel like I'm getting better and better at finding great tweaks like this one.

• Robert
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
20 Aug 2017 15:06 #97
New video! :D

I happened to get the world record on this level using a new tweak. I was trying to improve and this happened. This run would have been even luckier if I had gotten it before beating the world record (which was 22.875 at the time).

• Robert
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
26 Aug 2017 20:21 - 26 Aug 2017 21:24 #98

Levels and Notes:

Having a Blast - Not much to say here.

Unseasonably Cold - Not much to say here either.

Transporter Lock - Initially I wanted to get the "tree path" recorded (the one that the Awesome Hint points you to). Sadly, that was quite hard to pull off. I only got 1 finish and that was more than 20 seconds. I ended up using the full path instead.

High Rise, Quick Fall - Nothing.

Racing Spirits - You have to do a natural bounce when you hit the roof after the second loop. This lets you easily grab the Super Speed. Many of my runs were destroyed by the big pink ramp. I was bouncing from the roof in the floor incorectly and losing speed.

Side-Stroller - The first run you see shows you the tweak I used to first break the world record. The second one... well... it can go lower.

Last edit: 26 Aug 2017 21:24 by Robert.

• Thank you received: 69
27 Aug 2017 00:40 - 27 Aug 2017 00:41 #99
:ohmy: *PQ traplaunch*

SoundCloud page here:
Last edit: 27 Aug 2017 00:41 by Evokrypt.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Robert

• Robert
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
24 Sep 2017 11:54 #100
yay

yay

• Robert
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
24 Sep 2017 18:39 - 24 Sep 2017 18:39 #101

Two challenging levels made by HiGuy.

Last edit: 24 Sep 2017 18:39 by Robert.

• Robert
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
10 Dec 2017 17:23 #102
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eguy

• Eguy
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Booper Supreme
  • Thank you received: 208
10 Dec 2017 22:26 - 10 Dec 2017 22:26 #103
Haha fantastic video, both in concept and editing! Makes me think about getting into level building someday... :P

"it's the internet eguy. where children are men. men are monkeys, and women are PQ."
-Jeff 2014
Last edit: 10 Dec 2017 22:26 by Eguy.

• Robert
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
21 Dec 2017 15:09 #104

The following user(s) said Thank You: HiGuy

• Robert
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
28 Dec 2017 22:00 #105

yay framerate

• Robert
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
20 Jan 2018 14:30 #106

Levels and Notes:

Trial by Fire - Using the first blast without jumping results in a faster TT catch.

From Under the Dragon's Wing - .rrec pls... I got that black gem...

Construction Wonders - Laps levels are fun.

Blender: Liquify - Nothing.

Triple Action - I'm actually a little surpriesd that I managed to beat the AT with this path.

Work in Progress - DKman was talking about traplaunching the bumper in Work in Progress. That sounded stupidly funny so I had to try it.

Rickety Race - Hey, a blooper. I ended up recording this after beating the AT by 00:00.001 while practicing for the 3rd week of the tourney.

• Ralph
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Matan's Fervent Fan
  • Thank you received: 136
22 Jan 2018 10:41 #107
Man, that triangle traplaunch on Work in Progress was absolutely nuts!

You forget a thousand things everyday. Make sure Marble Blast isn't one of 'em.
Instagram : ralphfrommb

• Robert
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
02 Feb 2018 11:30 #108

If you want to go for the world record with this... Well... Have fun...

• Robert
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
03 Feb 2018 20:35 - 03 Feb 2018 20:37 #109

These are the 3 levels in PQ that have the Fireball PowerUp. It looks like you don't have to use it though.
I'm a little surprised I managed to beat the Platinum Time on Frozen Flames.

Last edit: 03 Feb 2018 20:37 by Robert.

• Robert
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
03 Feb 2018 21:14 #110
New VIdeo! :D
already

I'd say I did pretty well... I managed to beat the Platinum Time.

• Robert
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
21 Dec 2018 21:42 #111

I was going to post 2 videos but I lost motivation for that the same way I lost in the Festival of Champions.

Levels and Notes:

Aboe and Below - Was trying to improve it for a while but I gave up.

Be Elusive! - None;

Chilled - None;

Climb and Plumet - None;

Dangerous Development - THAT WALL IS SO HARD TO SKIP.

Fist Bump - None;

Fly the Coop - None;

• Robert
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
22 Dec 2018 23:20 #112

Levels:

-Level from a Forgiving Mind

-Orthogonality

-Physical Activity

-Race to the Top

-Tricks in the Air

-Work in Progress

-Scouring the Framework

• Robert
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
27 Aug 2021 18:53 #113
Long time no video.

For quite a while, I've had this idea of playing through MBG without jumping. Yes, there are some levels which become impossible, but I've challenged myself to play those with as few jumps as I can. To my surprise, only 1 such level exists among the beginner ones. I'm proud of the result and I hope you will enojy watching it as much as I did making it.

Levels and notes:

Learning to Roll - I was aiming for sub 4 and it only required a double edge hit.
Collect the Gems - A precise second edge hit coupled with not letting go of diagonal movement after, is what allowed me to get a 9.3. This beats my leaderboards PB.
Jump Training - Our first and only jump; I couldn't get enough speed to reach the top from the left side of the ramp so I had to go from the right and bounce on it again.
Learn the Super Jump - It took a bit to find the right amount of letting go of W+A to just barely get over the wall.
Platform Training - Not much to say here, I just tried to go as soon as possible.
Learn the Super Speed - This level was also about letting go of the movement keys just the right amount.
Elevator - At first I thought I'd have to use another jump here. Fortunately it's quite easy to get on the elevator using the start pad.
Air Movement - In order to do the sign hit without jumping, I had to hit the pole's edge and get bounced up into the sign itself, then back down.
Gyrocopter - This was just using the powerup slightly after I started to fall.
Time Trial - I mean... diagonal movement.
Super Bounce - I had another aproach where I would hit the wall and bounce just high enough to roll smoothly on the top platform to the finish. Unfortunately, that was slower than doing the level the intended way.
Gravity Helix - Getting the first Gravity Modifier from the right and the second one as late as possible helped me maintain my speed.
Shock Absorber - This was all about switching movement directions at the right time.
There and Back Again - I almost missed the finish but I'm not doing that again. It could have been a little faster but I'm still surprised how little time it saves (without jumping) compared to the intended way.
Marble Materials Lab - Looking at the frames where I got the first gem, I think I actually manipulated the hitbox? At the start, I try to roll the marble ~45 degrees to the right so that the hitbox would be at its maximum size when going diagonally forward. EDIT: Scratch that, I did some testing and the hitbox doesn't reset if you just Esc-Restart (which is what I was doing), you need to Esc-Yes-Play. So I probably just got lucky.
Bumper Training - The easiest of the trio and this too beats my leaderboards PB.
Breezeway - I looked straight down to better align the camera.
Mine Field - I was not sure this could go sub 4 like the other 2, but after I tried to let go of the movement keys while hitting the mine, I started getting less air time and lower times.
Trapdoors! - Somehow, this was 0.001 faster than just rolling straight to the finish.
Tornado Bowl - It was the first 1.750 finish but I have gotten multiple 1.750 finishes since then.
Pitfalls - I'm so glad that clean edge hit is faster than going the intended way.
Platform Party - I have never done this traplaunch before. It took me almost 5 hours and yes, it destroyed my leaderboards PB.
Winding Road - The Super Jump doesn't give enough height to reach the finish so I had to bounce on the flat (the slanted one is slower) lower platform and use it right after.
Grand Finale - That's how you end a video! I'm super proud of this run. It being in less than .400 of my leaderboards PB though, just tells me how bad my MBG times are. The hardest part of the run was getting the right bounce off the ceiling offering me enough height off the moving platform to be able to get the 4th gem and bounce straight to the Super Jump. Saving all those bounces and going straight up from the tornado brought my hopes from sub 40 to sub 36.

Intermediate with 1 jump coming soonTM.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Weather

• Robert
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
17 Sep 2021 21:11 #114
Here, have a multiplayer video before the tournament finals, no need to thank me.

• Robert
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
17 Dec 2021 21:59 #115
Ok this was done a couple months ago but it sat unedited half because I hoped for a better Great Divide run half because... idk I have no other excuse.
With that out of the way, I proudly present you MBG Intermediate with only 1 jump!

And below is a description longer than Youtube allows.

These are Marble Blast Gold's intermediate levels completed with 1 jump. It was a much more challenging task than the beginner ones. There are many more interesting paths, unseen edge hits and runs I am very proud of so sit back, relax and enjoy.

Runs below marked with "PB" beat my leaderboards PB and are a reminder to grind MBG one day.

Levels and notes:

Jump Jump Jump - Missing the second TT makes it significantly harder to keep the time frozen but allows for a better catch. My best (with 4 TTs collected after) one was 3.20.
Monster Speedway Qualifying - Apparently, cutting the corners is faster. Who would have guessed? It's all about using the Super Speeds as soon as possible and slowing down the right amount after getting the 2nd gem.
Skate Park - The wooden ramps make or break the run. I had to reset so many times because of a weird bounce or a not high enough one that caused me to miss a gem.
Ramp Matrix - Pretty much the WR path but replacing 2 jumps with an edge hit and a Super Jump respectively. PB by more than I would like to admit.
Hoops - Here's our jump for the intermediate levels. While it is possible to trigger the first moving platform from under the hoop, I highly doubt a no jumping wall hit is enough. I love how this path evolved. It went from many edge hits into hoops to trying to only doing one to realising doing 2 was faster. The only faster idea I have that I wasn't able to pull off would be to land in one hoop and bounce out in the other (or out on the ground and trigger it from the outside). This might be the only one I'm glad beats my leaderboards PB.
Go for the Green - I found the fastest way to be letting go of W+D for a little bit while falling to the bottom of the ramp. This allows a high enough bounce to make it to the green tube. PB.
Fork in the Road - I "fall off" the first platform to get to the edge hit faster and then do a natural bounce when landing to gain a little more speed.
Tri Twist - I have tried to edge hit from the 6th gem down to the last layer for more than 3 hours with no success, so here's my best run without that. PB.
Marbletris - Super Bounce edge hits are underrated. Believe it or not, that on the floor is a natural bounce. If you don't let go of the movement keys you will (*sometimes*) get stuck to the floor even though you have a Super Bounce active. What got me the sub 7 was slowing down a little before the wall hit to stay closer to the ground. PB.
Space Slide - Hit mines and try to fly to the finish. I believe it can go lower but I'll leave it here. PB.
Skee Ball Bonus - The only challenge is not letting the time restart, which can be done by bouncing out to the right of the wooden wall. PB.
Marble Playground - This is the WRR #2 path tweaked to work without jumps. PB.
Hop Skip and a Jump - I don't really have anything to say here. It's just a bounce on the small ramp and trying to get a straight line to the finish.
Take the High Road - The first edge hit is harder than it looks because it needs to set you up perfectly to both grab the gem and bounce in another edge hit, then use the Super Jump to get enough height. PB.
Half-Pipe - I love when runs go from "is sub 7 possible?" to "I got a low 5". The final piece of the puzzle here was the order of getting the last 2 gems and that little edge hit. PB.
Gauntlet - I do see an edge hit on one of the moving blocks sendind you to the finish faster than what I did, but good luck with that. And funnily enough, the Super Jump edge hit was harder for me to do than the Super Speed one. PB.
Moto-Marblecross - As I was expecting, it turned out to be quite a challenge to keep the time frozen. My best catch is 2.50 but I'm happy with this run. PB.
Shock Drop - It took this long for me to learn that it's faster to only roll towards the end of the countdown when you're not jumping but that's pretty much the whole run here. That, and trying to be as close to the bottom edge as possible.
Spork in the Road - I've tried a couple different (and harder to do) paths but iMacmatician's seems to be the fastest. I managed to get a low 23 because of some added tweaks, like the edge hit at the start, some natural bounces here and there, and the alternating diagonal movement. If done well, it is faster than just normal diagonal movement, HiGuy has a great level demonstrating this, Speed of Flat. I'm certain sub 23 is possible, mainly with a double edge hit at the start (the same first one I do, but lower, and another one to help land on the actual road). PB.
Great Divide - The second time doing the double traplaunch on this level and the second time not being fast enough for the flair. You can see I did not practice the level past the second traplaunch which caused me to have the time restart but it's still a PB.
The Wave - My only advice would be hope for some good edge hits. PB.
Tornado Alley - Just trying to go a little to the right of the tornado and hoping for a good throw.
Monster Speedway - A decent run. I'm sure it can go lower but I really dislike this level so I won't bother. I've played around with a path that gets the extra 2 Time Travels on the grass but in the end it was a couple good seconds slower than what you see here.
Upward Spiral - Can't match beginner's ending but this is pretty good too. What made it click for me was using the Super Speed much later in the loop for the loop exit. Oh and counting to 6 for the Super Jump.

Total time here is with more than 25 seconds lower than my leaderboards total time.

• Robert
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
14 Jan 2022 21:59 #116
Impossible's possible let's go!

6 years ago I made a level pack with all of Marble Blast Gold's levels but I swapped the start pad's position with the end pad's. Some levels became easier, some harder and some impossible. Or so I thought back then.
Hoops is one of the 23 levels I considered to be impossible and added extra powerups to make them playable.
Less than 6 hours ago, I've proven myself wrong by completing it without using said extra powerups.
I find it interesting how we can think something's impossible, and come back to it in the future to realise it was not that hard at all. Really makes you think twice before deeming something impossible.

• Robert
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
15 Jan 2022 20:19 #117
Doing the impossible 2 days in a row woo!

Survival of the Fittest Reverse is another level from the Marble Blast Gold Reverse Level Pack I made 6 years ago and decided to call it impossible and add an extra powerup.
Today I realised it wasn't impossible, it just required a bit more creativity. The setup for that edge hit is probably the most complicated one I've ever done. In ~4 hours I've only managed to get the proper edge hit about 5 times.

• Robert
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
11 Feb 2022 15:55 #118
Yay I got a wr :D
Here's that and some more top 10 runs:

Notes:

Short 'n' Sweet Course 1 - You can insetad do the second edge hid a little further ahead which makes it easier but oh well.

Short 'n' Sweet Course 4 - It's difficult to keep the time stopped for the whole run, I've never managed it. This is mainly because of the second tornado, the one on the pillar. Ideally, you'd want to grab the TT and go straight to the gem but I've never been able to do that with less than 1 extra swing.

Windy Peak - I'm honestly surprised how fast I've gotten this run and still have no idea how this level works.

Gravitational - Camera movement is very important. Once you figure out the right way to rotate it the level will become much easier.

Offshore Oilrig - Yay I got a world record. Unfortunately, there is some visible hesitation at times and the sign hit at the end that make it slower. I do believe this can even go sub 1:08, but the start is so inconsistent. This is not even the best start you can get, it is possible to reach the Super Speed just as it respawns. You can also just bounce on the wall with the first gem and keep bouncing back to the super speed; that's what I was originally going for before realising spinning around in the tubes can be just as fast.
(Previous world record: Blasted - 01:12.348)

• Robert
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
16 Feb 2022 14:17 #119
The link has "PQ" in it :O

A short and fun to speedrun level made by hopes with a short and fun to speedrun path made by me.

• Robert
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
23 Jun 2022 20:48 #120
yay new vid

The following user(s) said Thank You: Nockess

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 1.267 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.