file Marble Blast Mobile footage

• Jkk39
  • Jkk39's Avatar Topic Author
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Thank you received: 67
25 Apr 2016 00:08 #1
Hey all. So I'm guessing most of you know about Marble Blast Mobile, the iOS (or iPhoneOS at the time) version of Marble Blast. It was taken down in 2009(or was it 2011?) when GarageGames sold Marble Blast to IAC. IAC, being the nice folks they are, decided to take Marble Blast down from every site ever because why else would you buy rights a game right? Anyway, seeing as it was taken down, I know a lot of you don't have it and/or never got to play it. I've put together a video so you can see it for yourself. It's really nothing special, just a port of MBU. Controls are meh. Everything is showcased (besides all the levels) in the video so I won't go into detail here. Theres still some bugs and a face missing from Half Pipe Elite right before the finish which makes it almost impossible to beat. Probably was fixed in a newer version. As this isn't on the App Store anymore, I can't update it. I don't think any new levels were added though. Anyway, heres the video: (make sure you have annotations on, they narrate the video.)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Derpky, Nockess

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Nockess
  • Respected Marbler
  • Respected Marbler
  • Cheater Supreme
  • Thank you received: 786
25 Apr 2016 00:48 #2
If only PQ would have a "Marble Speed" option...

Call me Chris!

Discord: Nockess#4107
YouTube: www.youtube.com/Nockess
Custom Levels: marbleland.vaniverse.io/profile/5

• Battlecube314
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • 100% Gold/Ultimate/Awesome!!
  • Thank you received: 155
25 Apr 2016 04:32 - 25 Apr 2016 04:33 #3
Although MBM is no longer available, I saw that the levels from MBM were added to the CLA, so I tried them out. I might upload a video of those soon.

For most of the multiplayer remakes, I found that the best way to finish was to go around in a circle while grabbing all the gems.
Last edit: 25 Apr 2016 04:33 by Battlecube314.

• Thank you received: 401
25 Apr 2016 07:46 #4
Really interesting video. Seems like the controls are really painful to use though.

Also just saying, it's not hard to find a cracked version of this still hosted online if you know where to look.

"You know you've spelled something wrong when the only search results are Jeff convos" - HiGuy
The following user(s) said Thank You: hPerks

• Thank you received: 198
25 Apr 2016 09:23 - 25 Apr 2016 20:59 #5
I actually have this game on my iPhone 3GS, and it still works! I have some good times as well. I got all gold medals by the way ;)

Also, how did you get this MBM? I want to download this on my new iPhone 4GS :p

lee is awesome
Last edit: 25 Apr 2016 20:59 by Derpky.

• HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
  • Thank you received: 604
25 Apr 2016 13:04 #6

Xx_M.O.T.B._xX wrote: Although MBM is no longer available, I saw that the levels from MBM were added to the CLA, so I tried them out.

Yeah, I extracted them from the game and converted them with a DIF converter program that I wrote a while ago (same one used for the MBU in MBP levels).

This signature is real code
Code:
function clientcmd12dothepq() { commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor'); }

• Jkk39
  • Jkk39's Avatar Topic Author
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Thank you received: 67
25 Apr 2016 18:55 #7

Derpking wrote: Really interesting video. Seems like the controls are really painful to use though.

Also just saying, it's not hard to find a cracked version of this still hosted online if you know where to look.

Yeah the accelerometer is awful to use, you basically have to stand up and you look like an idiot while playing. The joysticks are a little better, but they're obviously not physical joysticks which makes them a pain/inaccurate.

Yeah I've looked and I think I found it one time. The problem was I couldn't figure out how to install it.

Lee wrote: Also, how did you get this MBM? I want to download this on my new iPhone 4GS :p

It was on my moms old 3G and its still on her 6 because she backed up to iTunes while the app was installed.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.915 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.