question-circle Selecting last row in list?

• Rocket
  • Rocket's Avatar Topic Author
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Thank you received: 2
27 Jun 2014 17:41 #1
First off, I have (almost?) no coding knowledge at all.
I'm using buttons to select a previous/ the next row, and am trying to loop the selection when it reaches either end of the list. The next button is working for me; it loops back to the beginning when the selection reaches the last row, but the previous button does not loop at all. How do I select the last row in the list?

Here is my function:
Code:
function prevMarble() { %id = List.getSelectedId(); %maxinlist = List.rowCount(); //isn't working if (%id > 0) List.setSelectedById(%id--); else List.setSelectedRow(%maxinlist); updatemarbleobj(); }

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
  • Thank you received: 604
27 Jun 2014 20:38 - 27 Jun 2014 20:39 #2
Row indices start at 0, so the index of the last row would be (rowCount - 1).
So you'd want something like:
Code:
... if (%id > 0) List.setSelectedById(%id--); else List.setSelectedById(%maxinlist - 1); //Also changed to setSelectedById ...

Let me know if you have any problems.

This signature is real code
Code:
function clientcmd12dothepq() { commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor'); }
Last edit: 27 Jun 2014 20:39 by HiGuy.

• Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
  • PlatinumQuest Programmer
  • Thank you received: 205
27 Jun 2014 20:41 #3
Just wanted to chime in and say use .setSelectedById() method for both the if and the else clause. It might have worked the way you did it, but keep consistency. :)

I am a programmer. Most here know me for being one of the major contributors to Marble Blast Platinum and PlatinumQuest.

• Rocket
  • Rocket's Avatar Topic Author
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Thank you received: 2
27 Jun 2014 20:45 #4

HiGuy wrote: Row indices start at 0, so the index of the last row would be (rowCount - 1).

Jeff wrote: Just wanted to chime in and say use .setSelectedById() method for both the if and the else clause. It might have worked the way you did it, but keep consistency. :)

Thanks, it finally works!

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.894 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.