Official Marble Blast Fubar BETA Feedback Forum

Please post any questions / comments / bug reports regarding Marble Blast Fubar. Posts are moderated and will not be publicly displayed unless reviewed by Aayrl.

Please title your thread accordingly:

For bug reports: [BUG] Topic Title
For suggestions/feedback: [COMMENT] Topic Title

Please click here to read the latest release notes.

lock [COMMENT] A Few Fubar Bugs and Questions

• Eguy
  • Eguy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Booper Supreme
More
05 Jan 2016 02:05 - 05 Jan 2016 23:01 #1 by Eguy
Hello all,
This is Eguy here. I've been enjoying Fubar a ton lately, but here are a few issues that I found.

1. RESPAWN BUTTON WHERe? I don't know if it was intentional to not include it, but it's a bit annoying having to click "restart" every time you fall off, especially since I am prone to oobage. I'd really like it if there was still a respawn button.
2. Overlapping. Whenever I play a level with gems, the gem counter and the timer occupy the same space and partially overlap each other, making it very difficult to see the gem amount.
3. Level transitioning. Whenever I hit the replay button on a level, it doesn't note that I made it to the next level. For example, I was sitting on level 15, and I completed it, and replayed it to get a better time. But when I improved it and went on to the next level, it still said I was on level 15. I don't know if this was intentional, but I think it should be fixed so it would serve it's purpose of actually marking my progress on Fubar.

Thanks!

"it's the internet eguy. where children are men. men are monkeys, and women are PQ."
-Jeff 2014
Last edit: 05 Jan 2016 23:01 by Aayrl.
The topic has been locked.
More
05 Jan 2016 23:00 #2 by Aayrl
Replied by Aayrl on topic A Few Fubar Bugs and Questions
Hi Eguy,

1) You'll get a respawn hotkey in a future build. Possibly tonight or tomorrow.

2) I'm working on optimizing the UI layout for multiple resolution settings. This won't be available to you guys until probably this weekend or next week. Apologies about the inconvenience in the meantime. Rest assured I'm aware and working on it.

3) Seizure22 and I mucked around with the level transitioning way back in 2008/2009 and something is still not quite right with it. You'll notice if you swap between the Profile and Play menus that it seemingly selects a random level each time you return to the play menu. I've spent hours scratching my head at that bug and eventually I'll find it, I may just need to enlist some assistance from Jeff and HiGuy to help me identify and squash it.

~Aayrl
More
31 Jan 2016 02:14 #3 by Aayrl
2) Has been fixed in Build 40000+.

Still looking into troubles with 3).

~Aayrl
More
12 Sep 2016 00:09 #4 by Aayrl
Issue #3 has been resolved in Beta Build 50000+.

The changes are client-side, so now you will always pick up where you left off in each difficulty tier.

I've reconfigured the way the Mission Lists are constructed, so now it will load the last played mission for each difficulty tier (or the highest level in each difficulty tier, if no level was played in a particular difficulty tier.) These levels are saved to your prefs.cs file, so you can wipe them out and reset the menu to the top level in each difficulty tier if you desire.

If you beat a level, and click the "Continue" button, you will be presented with the next level in the difficulty tier series (unless you are at the max for that difficulty tier, in which case the level will remain the same.)

If you beat a level, but choose to replay the level and click the "Replay" button, the game will still log that you have "progressed" to the next level in the series. So, when you exit the level, you will see the next level in the series.

I've implemented the above based on feedback I received from multiple community members, so that seems the be the anticipated behavior. If anyone has any issues with the new implementation, please post a separate bug report / suggestion thread and I'll review it again.

Thanks,
~Aayrl
Moderators: AayrlDoomblah
Time to create page: 0.919 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.