Official Marble Blast Fubar BETA Feedback Forum

Please post any questions / comments / bug reports regarding Marble Blast Fubar. Posts are moderated and will not be publicly displayed unless reviewed by Aayrl.

Please title your thread accordingly:

For bug reports: [BUG] Topic Title
For suggestions/feedback: [COMMENT] Topic Title

Please click here to read the latest release notes.

lock [BUG] Leaderboard Times on the Wrong Level

• kodama
  • kodama's Avatar Topic Author
  • New Marbler
  • New Marbler
  • aka Ultrablast ♬
  • Thank you received: 7
06 Jan 2016 07:04 #1
If you move to mission B just before the leaderboards for mission A loads, the times for mission A are shown for mission B.

Ex. IJ's Descent's times shown on Vexatious' leaderboards
The topic has been locked.
  • Thank you received: 368
08 Jan 2016 01:20 #2
Hrm, probably just need to adjust the code in the function call so when the GET request is received, it ensures the user hasn't changed the level tab before populating the times on screen.

~Aayrl
  • Thank you received: 368
11 Sep 2016 21:53 #3
Took me a while, but I figured out what was causing the issue.

The game client would send a command to the server, which the server would then respond with as a user was sending out a command for scores on a new level. The game would interpret the server's response as the response to the user's current request and populate the scores field.

I added another flag in here so that, if you're clicking within the 800 and 1200 ms mark where the client sends a server command and the server responds, it will override the command with the most recent one.

The result is you'll see the scores for the previous level load first, and then quickly get replaced by the correct scores within a few hundred ms of the first scores loading. This is due to server latency, and the GUI gets unhappy if I simply tell it to use the "LOADING SCORES..." placeholder text to try and hide this (because it introduces another issue where scores won't load at all. I don't feel like rewriting the server side code, so we'll have to settle with the few moments of incorrect scores - the correct ones will eventually load.)

This has been fixed in Build 50000+.

~Aayrl
Moderators: AayrlDoomblah
Time to create page: 0.895 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.