Official Marble Blast Fubar BETA Feedback Forum

Please post any questions / comments / bug reports regarding Marble Blast Fubar. Posts are moderated and will not be publicly displayed unless reviewed by Aayrl.

Please title your thread accordingly:

For bug reports: [BUG] Topic Title
For suggestions/feedback: [COMMENT] Topic Title

Please click here to read the latest release notes.

lock [COMMENT] What is happening to the launcher of this game?

• Diamondog
  • Diamondog's Avatar Topic Author
  • New Marbler
  • New Marbler
  • Thank you received: 1
11 Jul 2017 11:07 #1
PlatinumQuest just got released and I'm excited, but they got rid of MB Platinum and Fubar from the launcher, meaning that now it only launches and updates PlatinumQuest. I don't mind about Platinum, since I don't think there will ever be any new updates from now on, but the same doesn't go for Fubar. If an update for Fubar is out, there's no launcher at the moment to install it for us. Will we have to download the entire game again from the website? This is why I am asking: Are there plans to create a launcher for Fubar only, or are the team working on PlatinumQuest going to include Fubar in their launcher again?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Weather
The topic has been locked.
  • HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
  • Thank you received: 604
11 Jul 2017 22:47 #2
There are indeed plans to make a new launcher for PQ/MBF. We changed the launcher to be just PQ for the meantime though, as Fubar isn't being updated (and hasn't been for months). If you still want to play Fubar you can still open it from the install directory (Look in AppData on Windows or <Home>/Applications on Mac)

This signature is real code
Code:
function clientcmd12dothepq() { commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor'); }
The following user(s) said Thank You: obee58
  • Thank you received: 368
13 Jul 2017 10:56 #3
HiGuy pretty much covered it. We're working on a cleaner solution for integrating Fubar into the Marble Blast Launcher. I'm holding off on updates for the next few weeks (and have been for the past few months) but rest assured you'll be able to update your existing game install from the launcher at some point in the future when there's a new update available.

~Aayrl
Moderators: AayrlDoomblah
Time to create page: 0.861 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.