file Marble Blast Platinum 1.50 - Beta 1 upcoming!

More
15 Nov 2013 20:32 #31 by davidskanal
Replied by davidskanal on topic Marble Blast Platinum 1.50 - Beta 1 upcoming!
Dumb question, but WHY THE HELL DOES THIS TAKE SO LONG? *that's what she said*

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Nov 2013 22:47 #32 by ProMarbler
Replied by ProMarbler on topic Marble Blast Platinum 1.50 - Beta 1 upcoming!
You're beginning to act immature. Please stop using all-caps in your posts. We'd like mature, proper posts. That goes the same for your latest post in the UTH 3 topic, and for any future posts you may make like this.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • IsraeliRD
  • IsraeliRD's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
More
16 Nov 2013 01:12 #33 by IsraeliRD
Replied by IsraeliRD on topic Marble Blast Platinum 1.50 - Beta 1 upcoming!
Seconding that.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Enigma
  • Enigma's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Ayy lmao
More
16 Nov 2013 02:42 #34 by Enigma
Nov 12, 2013, 12:01am, admin wrote:Q: I'm on Linux/Unix. Who can I play against?
A: You can play against other users on Windows and Linux, but not those on Mac.

If I install Linux (preferably, Ubuntu) on my other Mac, I'll be able to play against Windows and Linux, right? (I'm pretty sure the answer is yes, but I have to make sure, I just don't want to install Linux on my Mac if it isn't going to work. Also, I know that if I install Linux on my Mac, I can't play multiplayer against Mac users, which is why I'm using my older Mac.)

A journey of ten thousand miles begins with a single... Er... Call to a travel agent.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Nov 2013 14:10 #35 by ProMarbler
Replied by ProMarbler on topic Marble Blast Platinum 1.50 - Beta 1 upcoming!
Yes, you should be able to, for the multiplayer limitations are from the game engine, which is different for each OS. Also, keep in mind that I have issues with the sound. The version of the sound libraries they have have a dependency in an obsolete sound system that is no longer included. I've found that there is a compatibility layer for the sound, but it's fairly low quality and somehow causes a file descriptor error.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Gary
  • Gary's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Hi all
More
16 Nov 2013 17:49 #36 by Gary
Waiting for the download link
~

HappyRoll Mod Leader
C++ Beginner

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Enigma
  • Enigma's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Ayy lmao
More
16 Nov 2013 18:19 #37 by Enigma
Nov 16, 2013, 9:49am, forfun wrote:Waiting for the download link
~Hehe, we all are. I'm almost certain now that it'll come out on Tuesday of next week.

A journey of ten thousand miles begins with a single... Er... Call to a travel agent.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Pyro
  • Pyro's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • The semester rounds out!
More
16 Nov 2013 19:16 #38 by Pyro
Nov 16, 2013, 10:19am, lcf wrote:
Nov 16, 2013, 9:49am, forfun wrote:Waiting for the download link
~Hehe, we all are. I'm almost certain now that it'll come out on Tuesday of next week.
That would make my week.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Nov 2013 21:15 #39 by davidskanal
Replied by davidskanal on topic Marble Blast Platinum 1.50 - Beta 1 upcoming!
I want this to come out tomorrow, on my birthday!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Nov 2013 22:02 #40 by Andrew
The beta is not coming out tomorrow, nor is it coming out this coming Tuesday. We don't know the exact time when it will be done, otherwise we would have posted a release date by now. All we know is that it will be soon. When the beta is close enough to release, we will let everyone know a date. Until then, it's better if you stop speculating.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Nov 2013 22:40 #41 by elnathan
Replied by elnathan on topic Marble Blast Platinum 1.50 - Beta 1 upcoming!
I'm patient.
on topic:
who is on linux/unix/ubuntu? as I am on a mac I cannot play with you.

i have a flickr

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • IsraeliRD
  • IsraeliRD's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
More
17 Nov 2013 00:03 #42 by IsraeliRD
Replied by IsraeliRD on topic Marble Blast Platinum 1.50 - Beta 1 upcoming!
Since you're on a Mac you cannot play anyone else except other Mac users.

On the Challenges/Super Challenge section though it doesn't matter since you CAN play against windows/linux (and Mac) users.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Nov 2013 00:30 #43 by davidskanal
Replied by davidskanal on topic Marble Blast Platinum 1.50 - Beta 1 upcoming!
Nov 16, 2013, 2:02pm, andrewsears wrote:The beta is not coming out tomorrow, nor is it coming out this coming Tuesday. We don't know the exact time when it will be done, otherwise we would have posted a release date by now. All we know is that it will be soon. When the beta is close enough to release, we will let everyone know a date. Until then, it's better if you stop speculating.

Okay, well then I'll have to wait. Can we (the community) help you guys in any sort of way? (dispite being patient)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Enigma
  • Enigma's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Ayy lmao
More
17 Nov 2013 01:12 #44 by Enigma
Nov 16, 2013, 4:30pm, davidskanal wrote:
Nov 16, 2013, 2:02pm, andrewsears wrote:The beta is not coming out tomorrow, nor is it coming out this coming Tuesday. We don't know the exact time when it will be done, otherwise we would have posted a release date by now. All we know is that it will be soon. When the beta is close enough to release, we will let everyone know a date. Until then, it's better if you stop speculating.

Okay, well then I'll have to wait. Can we (the community) help you guys in any sort of way? (dispite being patient)That's the only thing we can do, be patient and thank them.

A journey of ten thousand miles begins with a single... Er... Call to a travel agent.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • RDs.The-dts-guy
  • RDs.The-dts-guy's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Developer
  • Developer
  • Blender pls
More
17 Nov 2013 01:57 #45 by RDs.The-dts-guy
Replied by RDs.The-dts-guy on topic Marble Blast Platinum 1.50 - Beta 1 upcoming!

Some guy that does DTS shapes and levels.

AWESOME time HINT : When making PQ level place your custom interiors and textures in platinum/data/interiors_pq/custom
makes life easier for you and everyone else :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Jeff
  • Jeff's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Developer
  • Developer
  • PlatinumQuest Programmer
More
17 Nov 2013 02:07 #46 by Jeff
@ DK & LCF

Be patient and don't make up dates to confuse the rest of the community. That's all I ask.

I am a programmer. Most here know me for being one of the major contributors to Marble Blast Platinum and PlatinumQuest.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Nov 2013 10:47 #47 by davidskanal
Replied by davidskanal on topic Marble Blast Platinum 1.50 - Beta 1 upcoming!
Nov 16, 2013, 6:07pm, jeff wrote:@ DK & LCF

Be patient and don't make up dates to confuse the rest of the community. That's all I ask.

Well I guess that was expected, there's really nothing else we can do but wait. But I got another annoying thing for you guys:

Can you at least release a completely broken alpha? Still better than nothing.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Nov 2013 10:58 #48 by davidskanal
Replied by davidskanal on topic Marble Blast Platinum 1.50 - Beta 1 upcoming!
Nov 12, 2013, 12:01am, admin wrote:
Q: I'm on Windows, can I play against a Mac user? (and vice versa)
A: You can definitely play them on Challenges and Super Challenges, but you cannot play Multiplayer against one another due to engine limitations. Platinum will recognise if you're on Windows/Mac and will warn you if your opponent is on the other Operating System.


Can I at least emulate Windows to be able to play with most of the marblers?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • RDs.The-dts-guy
  • RDs.The-dts-guy's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Developer
  • Developer
  • Blender pls
More
17 Nov 2013 12:46 #49 by RDs.The-dts-guy
Replied by RDs.The-dts-guy on topic Marble Blast Platinum 1.50 - Beta 1 upcoming!
Please don't doublepost.


Nov 17, 2013, 2:47am, davidskanal wrote:
Well I guess that was expected, there's really nothing else we can do but wait. But I got another annoying thing for you guys:

Can you at least release a completely broken alpha? Still better than nothing.

Cant you just be patient for once. I can assure you its closer than you think and it certainly wont take 2 months till beta 0.1 will be released.
Really just chill out. Sit back, take a drink and do something else like learn to solve rubik's cube. Trust me beta will come really quickly.


Nov 17, 2013, 2:58am, davidskanal wrote:

Can I at least emulate Windows to be able to play with most of the marblers?
Yes that is even recommended if you are on mac and want to play with windows peeps

Some guy that does DTS shapes and levels.

AWESOME time HINT : When making PQ level place your custom interiors and textures in platinum/data/interiors_pq/custom
makes life easier for you and everyone else :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Nov 2013 14:16 #50 by ProMarbler
Replied by ProMarbler on topic Marble Blast Platinum 1.50 - Beta 1 upcoming!
A completely broken alpha (it's in beta) is not better than nothing. Not only would people be quite frustrated and upset being given a broken, non-function build (that you can't modify by the way), they would get even more uncontrollable than ever. Same goes for a buggy beta build with non-working features. The community would put immense pressure on the staff for a timely fix, which they can't do, and so they have to take time away from other projects (like the website and PQ), and you wouldn't want that, would you? An open beta is meant for users to test the game and provide feedback on the working features, and help with finding some the the glitches they may have missed, among other things. The staff are releasing a beta build. They do it to test out the beta build, but they also do it to be nice. They know that people are waiting, so the staff are trying to get it out as soon as they can! The staff know that people are waiting on them. They also don't want bugs in the game. When all the functionality and features in the game are as they like, then only then will they release it to the public.

As for you, david, I'd highly advise you to read the rules. You have double-posted, used excessive smileys, and have previously used excessive all-caps in your posts. While not necessarily a rule, you also persist in posting posts that you know are not needed, and of which may be considered as spam. By deliberately posting unhelpful and generally pointless things like that, that is how certain people got warnings for spam. So for the better of yourself, and for the rest of us, please read this topic: marbleblast.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=ga&action=display&thread=4485

General point? Chill out, and wait.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • RandomityGuy
  • RandomityGuy's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Somewhat skilled in MB
More
17 Nov 2013 15:50 #51 by RandomityGuy
Replied by RandomityGuy on topic Marble Blast Platinum 1.50 - Beta 1 upcoming!
Looks like it will come out at nov 28th(just a guess,no events on 28th)

Loading...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • IsraeliRD
  • IsraeliRD's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
More
17 Nov 2013 16:43 #52 by IsraeliRD
Replied by IsraeliRD on topic Marble Blast Platinum 1.50 - Beta 1 upcoming!
Right, this is a major post for both DavidsKanal and Krishiv and anyone else out here. If you fail to read this, you will find yourself in SERIOUS trouble.

The beta is a public beta. That means everyone gets to play it, no matter which platform.
If you're on Windows, you can only play other users on Windows and Linux.
If you're on Mac, you can only play other users on Mac. Not Windows or Linux. However you CAN use a Windows emulator, such as CrossOver, WinE and others to play Marble Blast Platinum on. You will find they work fairly okay, but we are not taking any responsibilities for bugs caused by them. After all they're an emulator program.

Challenges and Super Challenges are the exception, it does not matter which platform you are or your opponent is.

1.14 and 1.50 are working on separate databases. 1.14 will continue to function on PhilsEmpire all throughout 1.50's pre-release stages, that means beta and release candidate (the latter if absolutely necessary).
Once 1.50 is considered final, 1.14 Leaderboards will be locked for everyone, and its databased locked as well. That means PhilsEmpire will no longer be used for Marble Blast Platinum.
When you create an account for 1.50 (final version only), the staff will link your times, achievements and other data from 1.14's database to 1.50's. Your work will not be gone.

There is no release date set by the Platinum Team. Do NOT decide yourself or guess. When we're expecting a release within a week, we will announce that. No exceptions. If any setbacks do occur, we will notify the community immediately.
We are aware of the extreme hype we have created throughout the community and yes we thank you all for your patience, but it is annoying to see users decide on dates when none were mentioned. It is also annoying to see users asking for early release in the cost of stability. This is not happening. We have not worked this long just to give users a broken mod.

The Platinum Team does NOT hire new members. We do not need any new members to our staff. We have gotten this far using our own resources and time, we are definitely going all the way through ourselves. Your best way to help us right now is to be patient. When the beta comes out you will have a chance to give us feedback.


If you are going to annoy us all with stupid questions or spam or not-useful-posts then you're going to find yourself getting a 2-days suspension from the forums on the spot, no questions asked.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Nov 2013 19:02 #53 by davidskanal
Replied by davidskanal on topic Marble Blast Platinum 1.50 - Beta 1 upcoming!
Nov 17, 2013, 4:46am, rdsempire wrote:Please don't doublepost.


Nov 17, 2013, 2:47am, davidskanal wrote:
Well I guess that was expected, there's really nothing else we can do but wait. But I got another annoying thing for you guys:

Can you at least release a completely broken alpha? Still better than nothing.

Cant you just be patient for once. I can assure you its closer than you think and it certainly wont take 2 months till beta 0.1 will be released.
Really just chill out. Sit back, take a drink and do something else like learn to solve rubik's cube. Trust me beta will come really quickly.


Nov 17, 2013, 2:58am, davidskanal wrote:

Can I at least emulate Windows to be able to play with most of the marblers?
Yes that is even recommended if you are on mac and want to play with windows peeps

Okay Imma wait then.


Nov 17, 2013, 8:43am, admin wrote:Right, this is a major post for both DavidsKanal and Krishiv and anyone else out here. If you fail to read this, you will find yourself in SERIOUS trouble.

The beta is a public beta. That means everyone gets to play it, no matter which platform.
If you're on Windows, you can only play other users on Windows and Linux.
If you're on Mac, you can only play other users on Mac. Not Windows or Linux. However you CAN use a Windows emulator, such as CrossOver, WinE and others to play Marble Blast Platinum on. You will find they work fairly okay, but we are not taking any responsibilities for bugs caused by them. After all they're an emulator program.

Challenges and Super Challenges are the exception, it does not matter which platform you are or your opponent is.

1.14 and 1.50 are working on separate databases. 1.14 will continue to function on PhilsEmpire all throughout 1.50's pre-release stages, that means beta and release candidate (the latter if absolutely necessary).
Once 1.50 is considered final, 1.14 Leaderboards will be locked for everyone, and its databased locked as well. That means PhilsEmpire will no longer be used for Marble Blast Platinum.
When you create an account for 1.50 (final version only), the staff will link your times, achievements and other data from 1.14's database to 1.50's. Your work will not be gone.

There is no release date set by the Platinum Team. Do NOT decide yourself or guess. When we're expecting a release within a week, we will announce that. No exceptions. If any setbacks do occur, we will notify the community immediately.
We are aware of the extreme hype we have created throughout the community and yes we thank you all for your patience, but it is annoying to see users decide on dates when none were mentioned. It is also annoying to see users asking for early release in the cost of stability. This is not happening. We have not worked this long just to give users a broken mod.

The Platinum Team does NOT hire new members. We do not need any new members to our staff. We have gotten this far using our own resources and time, we are definitely going all the way through ourselves. Your best way to help us right now is to be patient. When the beta comes out you will have a chance to give us feedback.


If you are going to annoy us all with stupid questions or spam or not-useful-posts then you're going to find yourself getting a 2-days suspension from the forums on the spot, no questions asked.

That was very clear, I totally understand your point. I'm sorry for all of my spammy and unnecessary posts, I think I'm just too excited about this new update. But thank you guys for pointing that out to me, everybody makes mistakes and those people should be told if they do. Again, I'm truly sorry, and it probably wont happen again. In the mean time, have fun developing.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Nov 2013 01:50 #54 by frandaman
Replied by frandaman on topic Marble Blast Platinum 1.50 - Beta 1 upcoming!
HEY EVERYONE!! ive been playing marble blast on and off since it came out. (still crap at it LOL) i just want to say a huge thank you for all the work this team has put into keeping marble blast alive and healthy!!!! looking forward to the release of 1.50 and to see where marble blast is headed, i can tell that it is in good hands! for future references is there a way to donate towards your projects and so forth?? im broke atm but in future will definatley consider donating to help with all the awsome shit you guys are doing!!!

-Frandaman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Marblemaster1
  • Marblemaster1's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • QuArK proudly!
More
21 Nov 2013 04:54 #55 by Marblemaster1
Replied by Marblemaster1 on topic Marble Blast Platinum 1.50 - Beta 1 upcoming!
Staff correct me if I'm wrong, but afaik unfortunately you can't donate.

while (!PQ.getIsReleased())
{
      System.out.println("PQ WHERe");
}
You know what's boring? Opaque marble skins. You know what's not? Glass Marbles!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Jeff
  • Jeff's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Developer
  • Developer
  • PlatinumQuest Programmer
More
21 Nov 2013 05:46 #56 by Jeff
We don't take donations but thank you so much for offering. What we do like though is participation in the community and being a contributive asset of this dying community. Thanks for joining us and welcome to the community!!

I am a programmer. Most here know me for being one of the major contributors to Marble Blast Platinum and PlatinumQuest.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Marblemaster1
  • Marblemaster1's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • QuArK proudly!
More
21 Nov 2013 08:27 #57 by Marblemaster1
Replied by Marblemaster1 on topic Marble Blast Platinum 1.50 - Beta 1 upcoming!
Who says the community's dying? If Fandaman's joining is any indicator, I'd say we're still hanging on.

while (!PQ.getIsReleased())
{
      System.out.println("PQ WHERe");
}
You know what's boring? Opaque marble skins. You know what's not? Glass Marbles!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Nov 2013 17:01 #58 by davidskanal
Replied by davidskanal on topic Marble Blast Platinum 1.50 - Beta 1 upcoming!
Just a question: Why aren't you taking donations? I mean a bit of money is always nice.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Nov 2013 19:28 #59 by Aayrl
I'm going to hop in here for a bit and explain some of the website features incoming Soon(tm):

Donations will be accepted on the website to help pay for Database and Web hosting services. You may donate anonymously or as a sponsor. Sponsors will have their details (whether that be an external url to a persona page or website or the profile of the user) displayed on the Sponsors page to express our gratitude towards those who support and help maintain the continuity of the Marble Blast Community.

MBP 1.50 BETA users will have to create new accounts that will be dynamically linked to the new website. I believe the current idea is to link the previous leaderboard accounts from PhilsEmpire with the new website accounts when MBP 1.50 and the Website are both ready to release (as IsraeliRD stated in an earlier post). Your progress will not be lost, but you may be required to change your password when our site upgrades. We will send out an announcement post with further details as the site nears completion.

Forum Accounts will be Website Accounts, which (in turn) are linked to MBP 1.50 accounts, which are linked to MBF accounts, which (might?) be linked to PQ accounts. HiGuy and I are working to construct dynamic leaderboard accounts so users can simply authenticate their particular marble mods with the website credentials and use those to 'log-in'. In turn, developers can construct their own databases with the assistance of the Marble Blast staff to add a 'section' to the leaderboards specific to their mod. At launch, leaderboards will support MBP 1.50, and functionality for MBF will be implemented shortly afterwards to ensure dual functionality works properly.

~Aayrl

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Nov 2013 22:11 #60 by davidskanal
Replied by davidskanal on topic Marble Blast Platinum 1.50 - Beta 1 upcoming!
That's… a lot of functionality, great work guys!

Are there things that users can change in their account, like custom marble skin (like used in Minecraft) or some fancy stuff that you're able to control from the website? Not asking you guys to add anything, just asking if there's already something similar existing.

PS.: The Soon(tm) made my day

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: AayrlKalle29Regislian