• PlatinumQuest is easier than Marble Blast Platinum in general; you’ll find that completing levels is an easier task than it was in Marble Blast Platinum. The maximum difficulty rating that you will encounter is of low-expert levels in Marble Blast Platinum.
• Levels are thoroughly tested to ensure that players of lesser skills and experience will notice a little bit of difficulty, but nothing too challenging.
• All levels have a Par Time. In order to keep levels short yet cover many guidelines that our level designers are required to pass, the maximum Par Time is 2:00:00 minutes. Not all levels will feature the maximum Par Time either.
• PlatinumQuest missions are specific to PlatinumQuest. For example Game Modes cannot be run in Marble Blast Platinum’s custom levels section.
• PlatinumQuest official levels differ from others in that they are more fun and replayable while offering an innovatively unique and creative design; you will keep coming back to them.
The second update is the announcement of our very first Level Competition!
• Unlike Marble Blast Gold and Platinum, PlatinumQuest will feature a different and more restricted implementation for skipping levels - more details on this in a future post. You are limited to your own skills.
• Par Time has a maximum of 2:00:00 minutes. Your level can feature a much lower Par Time.
• Difficulty can be anywhere from beginner to low-expert (Marble Blast Platinum level difficulty rating)
• Level must be fun and replayable; levels that won’t answer these criteria are most likely to be rejected on the spot.
• Level is original and creative; levels will not be rejected if you can’t come up with new ideas. However, if we find these factors to be too low, we will reject the level.
The due date to submit your level is 15th June, 2010. You are to submit the following:
• Level does not need any scenery. That will be handled by us.
• A mission file (.mis) which contains a Par Time, Author, Description. Optional: start help text.
• Any interiors you used (.dif)
Please submit all of these in a ZIP file that is uploaded to mediafire, rapidshare, localhostr or any other file upload service. The download link along with your real name OR nickname, level and description should be submitted to Matan (click here to submit) via a Personal Message. That means you have to register on MarbleBlast.com in order to send the Personal Message.
• A map file (.map)