question-circle [1.50 B3, Win 8] Marble Blast was unable to find a compatible dislpay!

• obee58
  • obee58's Avatar Topic Author
  • New Marbler
  • New Marbler
  • casual top 100
  • Thank you received: 1
23 May 2014 20:26 #1
When I launched the game today this happened:

"Marble Blast was unable to find a compatible dislpay driver! Check with you video card vendor to see if updated device drivers are available." [yes, I spelled display wrong. It's like that in the error message]

It was working perfectly find yesterday. I did switch to OpenGL, but that was fine too. [Direct3D was lagging.]
Can someone tell me how to fix this?

colored name 2018
rating raider
hit my skill ceiling
thanks for my friends :>

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• disorientedperson
  • Novice Marbler
  • Novice Marbler
  • 0__0
  • Thank you received: 0
29 Sep 2014 23:21 #2
Marble/client/defaults.cs
Change allowfullscreen to 0

Then u wont have fullscreen, but if it works thats a small price to pay

• Thank you received: 123
30 Sep 2014 01:28 - 30 Sep 2014 01:40 #3
For future reference, the current MBP version is MBP 1.50 RC1, not Beta 3. If you are indeed running Beta 3, and not running the RC1 version, then download it from the site from the Downloads menu. If you are using the launcher that opens a rather plain white and text window, then you have RC1.

I've stopped using fullscreen because I found that when MBG/P or whatever mod crashes, the system doesn't handle it very gracefully, and nothing gets cleaned up and shutdown after the game crash. There's a certain amount of raw control that the game acquires in fullscreen mode. Windowed mode to your screen resolution or a resolution slightly smaller for MBG/P works just fine. I'd recommend it because it's easier to get out of messy (and buggy) situations.

Third, just change the fullscreen value above to 0 in mbpPrefs.cs and delete any existing mbpPrefs.cs.dso file, as the game would read that instead.
Last edit: 30 Sep 2014 01:40 by ProMarbler.
The following user(s) said Thank You: obee58

• disorientedperson
  • Novice Marbler
  • Novice Marbler
  • 0__0
  • Thank you received: 0
30 Sep 2014 02:50 #4
Yeah I didnt look at the title i guess 0___0 I was thinking MBG

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.926 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.