file Several Bugs

• Joey
  • Joey's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
  • Thank you received: 191
10 Oct 2015 18:21 - 11 Oct 2015 19:07 #1
I don't play that often... which basically means that the bugs I have found are probably already known. But I will do my part and report them according to the system.

Offline Ultra statistics are broken - In offline singe-player, the Ultra statistics act as though there are 100 levels (as in MBG) rather than 61, throwing the percentages off. Also, Ultimate Times and Easter Eggs are not on the statistics page.

EDIT: This happens both offline and online On several levels, the following message is repeatedly generated in the console:

platinum/client/scripts/replay.cs (653): Unable to find object: '0' attempting to call function 'getDataBlock'
platinum/client/scripts/replay.cs (653): Unable to find object: '' attempting to call function 'getId'

This message continues to generate almost instantaneously until either the game crashes or you exit/win the level. However, this renders many levels unplayable, including Space Station. 0 is sometimes replaced by -1, as is the case with Byzantine Helix. I won't post the console because I have already sent it following a crash, and it is 70+ MB in size, due to these repeated messages. Also, this does not occur when demo recording is toggled. Additionally, this does not happen in MBP 1.50.

EDIT: Further play-testing has shown that this occurs on levels which have been completed in 1.60. In other words, while I already completed TTotTS prior to 1.60, this behavior/bug did not occur until I completed it in 1.60. I have tested this theory and it does happen in both Gold and Ultra levels completed in 1.60. This makes sense because it seems related to the replays, but I still have no idea what it is.

This has already been addressed, but I will address it again because I have already fashionably organized the formatting of this post to fit all the bugs. (This is only in offline single-player) The EE icon still appears on every level as though every level has an EE, which we know is not the case. This also is the case in Ultra, and IIRC there are only 20 EEs. Please remove the icons appropriately.

Thanks for putting up with me.

I love you, but your attitude is like that of a shrew. Your options? Take a pill or be my kill. Might I suggest that you wear a vest. Perish in class or be banished to the land of bluegrass, where dreams don't exist as you'll be eternally pissed.
Last edit: 11 Oct 2015 19:07 by Joey.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
  • PlatinumQuest Programmer
  • Thank you received: 205
11 Oct 2015 17:18 #2
the bug you mention that says unable to find object spam in the console, does that cause the game to crash with "error allocating virtual memory" ?

I am a programmer. Most here know me for being one of the major contributors to Marble Blast Platinum and PlatinumQuest.

• Joey
  • Joey's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
  • Thank you received: 191
11 Oct 2015 17:53 - 11 Oct 2015 19:06 #3

Jeff wrote: the bug you mention that says unable to find object spam in the console, does that cause the game to crash with "error allocating virtual memory" ?

It does not. Additionally, there are no other messages that appear upon crashing, aside from the message indicating that "marbleblast.exe has stopped working."

EDIT: Further play-testing has shown that this occurs on levels which have been completed in 1.60. In other words, while I already completed TTotTS prior to 1.60, this behavior/bug did not occur until I completed it in 1.60. I have tested this theory and it does happen in both Gold and Ultra levels completed in 1.60. This makes sense because it seems related to the replays, but I still have no idea what it is.

I'm also convinced that others are not experiencing this due to lack of mention, as this is an aggressive bug that I would think many would have experienced by now.

I love you, but your attitude is like that of a shrew. Your options? Take a pill or be my kill. Might I suggest that you wear a vest. Perish in class or be banished to the land of bluegrass, where dreams don't exist as you'll be eternally pissed.
Last edit: 11 Oct 2015 19:06 by Joey.

• HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
  • Thank you received: 604
11 Oct 2015 20:33 #4

platinum/client/scripts/replay.cs (653): Unable to find object: '0' attempting to call function 'getDataBlock'
platinum/client/scripts/replay.cs (653): Unable to find object: '' attempting to call function 'getId'

The bug you're seeing is definitely caused by using instant replay. It may have been broken in 1.60 (not sure, we changed a lot of stuff). You mention this only happens on levels that you've played; this is because it is trying to replay your last run. You should turn off instant replay for now, I'll look into fixing this.

This signature is real code
Code:
function clientcmd12dothepq() { commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor'); }
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joey

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.851 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.