file Some Level Bugs to Highlight

• eplipswich
  • eplipswich's Avatar Topic Author
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Thank you received: 24
29 Sep 2017 07:52 - 29 Sep 2017 07:53 #1
Just some issues/bugs to highlight.

I was just playing Chasetrack the other day online, and I noticed that the Fade Platforms near the end of a lap in the level don't respawn after they're touched. Is this supposed to happen? Because I watched a video of Chasetrack on YouTube, and the Fade Platforms do seem to respawn after every lap.

Also, in Cannon Sniper, the cannon at the bottom floor seems to be inconsistent in that sometimes the Shock Absorber activates, and sometimes it doesn't. Not sure if anyone else is getting this.

Next, in Gems of the Deep Blue, the cannons seem to use the old firing mechanism. This was the same firing mechanism used in the demo levels, right? Because I know the levels in the full version that were in the demo and have cannons now use a new firing mechanism.

Lastly, there's a bonus level (Gunnery Practice) that requires 100% Gems in Cannon Sniper to unlock. However, for some reason, even though I got 100% gems online, it didn't get unlocked. I had to get 100% gems offline in order to unlock Gunnery Practice.

Hope you guys can look into these issues.
Last edit: 29 Sep 2017 07:53 by eplipswich.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• RandomityGuy
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • This entire place is bruh
  • Thank you received: 61
29 Sep 2017 10:43 #2
My comments are in bold.

eplipswich wrote: Just some issues/bugs to highlight.

I was just playing Chasetrack the other day online, and I noticed that the Fade Platforms near the end of a lap in the level don't respawn after they're touched. Is this supposed to happen? Because I watched a video of Chasetrack on YouTube, and the Fade Platforms do seem to respawn after every lap.
I think this is intended. It happens for everyone, they don't respawn and that's one reason it's an expert level.

Next, in Gems of the Deep Blue, the cannons seem to use the old firing mechanism. This was the same firing mechanism used in the demo levels, right? Because I know the levels in the full version that were in the demo and have cannons now use a new firing mechanism.
Theres an option in the level editor for cannons for that. It's intended again.

I also have some bugs to report.

1. Gravity doesn't switch when blasting off with the second cannon at low FPS in Rickety Race.

2. Manic bounce's CancelVelocity trigger doesn't do anything at low FPS(again) and the marble goes OOB. I suggest to revert back to the shock absorber version that shown in PQ trailer #2.

Github:
github.com/RandomityGuy
Feel free to support me at ko-fi.com/randomityguy

• eplipswich
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
04 Oct 2017 13:03 - 04 Oct 2017 13:04 #3
More bugs to report (I think?). This time, it's regarding Manic Bounce. I got this two bugs while playing before, and it happened to this player too:

In 22:36 to 22:47, for some reason, the marble doesn't stop at the checkpoint after it is fired into the final challenge and it just goes out of bounds. I think this bug only recently happened? (maybe 2.1.6 caused this).

In 24:14 to 24:19, the marble suddenly bounces higher than usual (this is also where the player accidentally found a secret :p). Is this intended? Because I occasionally get this as well while playing this level (marble occasionally bounces a lot higher than usual on the bounce friction).
Last edit: 04 Oct 2017 13:04 by eplipswich.

• Three
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • level designer
  • Thank you received: 349
04 Oct 2017 14:43 #4
First thing is actually due to you lagging through the trigger that stops your marble -- this in general is a known issue, but I don't think it's happened in that exact place before. I might look into it later and see if I can get a workaround.

Second thing, I think you hit the seam between two faces on the bounce tube, and adding the bugginess of rotation, you hit both at once and got bounced super high. Not totally sure on that, but it's known to happen sometimes. Pretty sure it's a coding issue.

Follow me on twitter at @threefolder
The following user(s) said Thank You: eplipswich

• eplipswich
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
22 Oct 2017 13:25 - 17 Nov 2017 00:27 #5
So, another level to report its bugs. This time, it's Space Station. Two bugs in particular, the 2nd of which is more of a general bug.

1) The 1st 2 checkpoints respawn the marble in the wrong positions:

2) This bug is actually more in general, but I first encountered it in Space Station. Basically, it involves the Shock Absorber and the Super Jump. After activating the Super Jump with the Shock Absorber in effect, the Shock Absorber effect suddenly disappears (only visibly) earlier than usual when I reach the top, and even when I activate the Shock Absorber at the top and drop down, the effect isn't shown, though it's working. This bug is also found to happen in other levels with Shock Absorber and Super Jump (eg. Combo Course, Triple Trail).

Last edit: 17 Nov 2017 00:27 by eplipswich. Reason: Reuploaded to YouTube

• CylinderKnot
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Personal Text
  • Thank you received: 76
22 Oct 2017 14:48 #6

eplipswich wrote: So, another level to report its bugs. This time, it's Space Station. Two bugs in particular.

1) The 1st 2 checkpoints respawn the marble in the wrong positions:

1st Checkpoint Bug: www.dailymotion.com/video/x65ow0v

2nd Checkpoint Bug: www.dailymotion.com/video/x65ow4u

2) This bug occurs at the area right after taking the spaceship to outer space. The Shock Absorber effect suddenly disappears (only visibly) when I reach the top, and even when I activate the Shock Absorber at the top and drop down, the effect isn't shown, though it's working.

Shock Absorber Bug: www.dailymotion.com/video/x65owcx

There's a similar checkpoint bug on the Director's Cut level "Efficiency." PQ has thrown a few of these checkpoints out of WHACK!
Also, could you please upload clips to YouTube in the future instead of DailySlowtion? I don't want a loud Mickey Mouse video playing and popping my eardrums instantly after the short clip ends.

I think that Shock Absorber bug existed before PQ, but it was never fixed because no one pointed it out.

Signature
The following user(s) said Thank You: eplipswich

• eplipswich
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
25 Oct 2017 04:04 - 25 Oct 2017 04:05 #7
So, I think I know what's the deal with the Shock Absorber bug, because the same problem happened in Combo Course (MBP). Basically, it involves using the Super Jump with the Shock Absorber in effect. That means using the Super Jump right after using the Shock Absorber. The Shock Absorber effect disappears only visibly shortly after using the Super Jump, but it in fact still works.

So yeah, I hope this Shock Absorber + Super Jump bug and the checkpoints bug are fixed along with the rest :)
Last edit: 25 Oct 2017 04:05 by eplipswich.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.920 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.