lock Colored Border for WR

• Robert
  • Robert's Avatar Topic Author
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • :D
  • Thank you received: 146
10 Jan 2018 14:10 #1
There are different colored (and even a different shaped one fr levels you didn't finish) borders for the time you have on a level. Beats par, platinum, gold, ultimate or awesome time. I was thinking of having a special border (maybe blue or green) around the levels you have the world record on.

:>
The following user(s) said Thank You: eNetro, NF, CylinderKnot
The topic has been locked.
  • eNetro
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Skilled PlatinumQuest Player
  • Thank you received: 49
10 Jan 2018 16:09 - 10 Jan 2018 17:53 #2
That would be neat, and I'm sure that it's possible to implement this. Otherwise, the border's color will change if you don't hold the world record for that level anymore. That's something to take into consideration. But I also agree that the border should be blue for world record to be in line with the color of the 'world record' text on the end game screen.

Awesome Hint:

Since the Awesome Time/Score is secret, you will have to beat it in order to find out what it is. Just practice every day, and be ready to keep pressing the 'Restart' button...A LOT!
Last edit: 10 Jan 2018 17:53 by eNetro.
  • CylinderKnot
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Personal Text
  • Thank you received: 76
10 Jan 2018 17:51 #3
Blue would be a great border color since the WR is blue in the "level finished" screen.

Signature
The following user(s) said Thank You: eNetro
  • Ralph
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Matan's Fervent Fan
  • Thank you received: 136
11 Jan 2018 08:51 #4
Just think about how hard it will be for the server to refresh who has a blue border every time the WR holder change. HiGuy can have some trouble coding it (if not, prove me wrong)

Red borders are already so hard to get.
Don't drink and drive.

You forget a thousand things everyday. Make sure Marble Blast isn't one of 'em.
Instagram : ralphfrommb

• Thank you received: 64
12 Jan 2018 00:57 #5
I feel like it wouldn't be very hard; after fetching the leaderboard data just change the color locally if you have the #1 spot.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nockess
  • HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
  • Thank you received: 604
12 Jan 2018 07:16 - 12 Jan 2018 07:53 #6
I've been thinking about this and I'm not sure how easy it would be to implement. I'd have to add new scripts on the server backend to make it work because WRs are not constant data for each level like ATs/UTs/PTs. Currently the game doesn't load all the scores for a level until you show the scores list. It just loads scores for levels you view and your top score for every level (to show borders correctly).

So while it's possible to do, it seems like it would be difficult to make it efficient and it would take quite a bit of effort to get the borders to show up correctly in all cases.

This signature is real code
Code:
function clientcmd12dothepq() { commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor'); }
Last edit: 12 Jan 2018 07:53 by HiGuy. Reason: Wording
Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.904 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.