• IsraeliRD
  • IsraeliRD's Avatar Topic Author
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
More
19 Nov 2007 01:02 #1 by IsraeliRD
DC Levels was created by IsraeliRD
Take a look at the current list of levels and suggest which levels should be thrown out to DC.

We need a majority of 6 people in order for the level to be thrown out to DC.

Note that we'll need to replace levels being thrown out (and FAST).

For the level list, visit here:

marbleblast.proboards78.com/index....read=1169934457

Some levels were modified (such as Ground Zero) yet not available on the FTP. I'll try and get them up on Dec. 1st unless Phil finishes all his levels beforehand.

Have good reasonings on why it should be thrown out.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Nov 2007 01:14 #2 by Lonestar
Replied by Lonestar on topic DC Levels
If I had to complain on one from every category...

Beginner: fine, no complaints.
Intermediate: Gravity Shaker. Gives me headaches.
Advanced: Platformer. The level is difficult to figure out, no clear path and is kinda thrown-together looking. It's not extremely fun either, but I can't be certain until there is a conversion made for it. (there probably is one for it, i just don't have it) A good conversion can save a level.
The Ultimate Tree: not very clean looking, overall kinda not fun and many parts are just annoying, like hitting the bottom of the MP on the first super jump. Unless those can be fixed and the conversion looks better, I suggest considering it to DC.
Expert: TUFC. Nice big level, but ridiculously hard. Big levels look better if they are compact, but this one is widespread and gets really annoying. If we can expect our players to beat a level like this we can expect them to beat harder ultimate times.

More
19 Nov 2007 01:25 #3 by Pablo
Replied by Pablo on topic DC Levels
I don't agree with TUFC. With a few checkpoints it becomes much easier; as well, it is a famous MBG level and deserves a place in the normal release.

Don't really have an opinion about Gravity Shaker and Platformer, as my replication levels they were mildly fun for me.

Now, here are the levels I think should be for DC...
-Loop Exits (actually I don't see that on the aforementioned list... but I think with a new replication job by me it could be much better because I would make the loops smoother)
-Diamond Travel (boring and repetitive for me; the tiny powerups are such a cheap trick)
-Gap Aimer (unless it had a really good replication job)
-Ring Stunts (not very fun for me; hasn't been replicated)
-Thief (nice level, but would need a really good replication job to look good)

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
More
19 Nov 2007 01:32 #4 by IsraeliRD
Replied by IsraeliRD on topic DC Levels
Loop Exits is fine imo thats how it was in the start and thats how phil did it. If we wanted smoother it would've been done by now but thats how it is and i like it the way it is.

Diamond Travel was for Technostick anyway. Good for pathway finding.

Gap Aimer I added from DC for various reasons, needs to be QuArKed (which I will do as-is, make the gap bigger [like the access hole] and add a Loop Exits style of scenery)

Ring Stunts was long since quarked, totally in. Same for Thief. As I said above, I will put them up by the 1st Dec unless Phil finishes his stuff earlier.

My suggestions:

Frictional Climb -> Good idea, but I think tad useless of a level. Not much in terms of replayability either. Scenery no good either.

Pool -> Great lvl and some neat shortcuts available, but overall not that exciting. Gym's better than that too.

Getting Squeezed -> Good level, but rather plain. People might find it too hard and frustrating.

Platformer -> One of the best levels to try and get top times on, but otherwise not as exciting and rather frustrating. I preferred original over replicated.

None on expert. Best levels there if you ask me.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

More
19 Nov 2007 01:35 #5 by Lonestar
Also Pablo, it's important to note the the creator of a level replication shouldn't influence your opinion on whether the level is good or bad. i.e, just because you made a level conversion doesn't mean it's any more fun then if someone else did.

• technostick
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
More
19 Nov 2007 01:54 #6 by technostick
Replied by technostick on topic DC Levels
Here comes the bomb...

Happy Birthday.
Bump your head. (Too easy, too short, not interesting.)
Gravity Shaker. (Honestly... not much skill involved.)
Trampoline Box. (same)
Getting Squeezed. (I can't get the last trap to work; that could be a bug? Also I don't think that a level based on a glitch is totally appropriate.)
Nukesweeper. (same)
Pool. (Enough said.)
Treacherous Path. (Too much like Perilous Road, just not as good.)
Thief. (Too custom level-like, can't really explain...)
Don't Jump. (Looks messy with all those bumpers etc.)

More
19 Nov 2007 01:54 #7 by Andrew
Replied by Andrew on topic DC Levels
Beginner:

Happy Birthday - Feels like a custom level and is mostly repetitive with lots of JB-ing.

Intermediate:

Medieval Maze - The colors of the castle walls and the blue wall don't really go together. Also, it feels too spaced out and boring.

Floor Climb - Doesn't look good (the interior is made of random textures and colors), plus the challenges aren't very original or fun.

Advanced:

None.

Expert:

Stairmaster - Is way too hard, confusing, and just not built well.

Don't Jump - Is laggy, too hard, and the mass of fans/bumpers/mines/magnets looks rather messy.

• technostick
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
More
19 Nov 2007 01:58 #8 by technostick
Disagreed on Floor Climb.

More
19 Nov 2007 01:59 #9 by Pablo
Disagreed on Floor Climb, Medieval Maze (the contrast is good and makes the level more interesting), and Treacherous Path (weren't Upward Spiral and Whirl similar too? Two similar levels aren't necessarily bad).

• technostick
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
More
19 Nov 2007 02:00 #10 by technostick
Also disagreed on Medieval Maze and Stairmaster.

More
19 Nov 2007 02:06 #11 by Lonestar
Disagree with MM, Stairmaster, Floor climb and Bump your Head and Don't Jump. (lol a lot... )

Agree with Happy Birthday Trampoline Box.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
More
19 Nov 2007 02:12 #12 by IsraeliRD
Agreed with H/B, T/Box, G/Squeezed,

Disagree with F/Climb, T/Path, D/Jump, BYH, Stairmaster, MM, Nukesweeper, Thief.

Neutral on Gravity Shaker.

More
19 Nov 2007 03:31 #13 by Pablo
So far we have 6 people for Happy Birthday (that's enough to have it removed) and 5 for Trampoline Box.

I am against Getting Squeezed as well. Besides its dubious name (lol), it does not work some of the time on my computer and does not seem to fit the 'theme' of MB (i.e. exploiting a peculiarity in the game to complete the level).

• Perishingflames
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
More
19 Nov 2007 04:31 #14 by Perishingflames
Replied by Perishingflames on topic DC Levels
I think Getting Squeezed is a perfectly nice mbp level, no need for it in the DC, but have to agree with Andrew on stairmaster, quite plain level and not very replayable. Agree with Trampoline Box for DC. Pool I agree entirely, so much like a classic custom level by Ian. Diamond Travel also quite plain and boring.

More
19 Nov 2007 13:23 #15 by Oaky
Replied by Oaky on topic DC Levels
+ Keep in game, - Chuck to DC

Getting Squeezed -
Stairmaster -
BYH +
TB -
Happy B'day -
Pool -
DJ (undecided)
Floor Climb -
MM +
Treacherous Path ++++++++++ for sure
Nukesweeper -

There we go.

More
19 Nov 2007 15:18 #16 by Pablo
6 votes of Happy Bithday, 5 of Trampoline Box.

I am in favor of removing Stairmaster as well.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
More
19 Nov 2007 15:33 #17 by IsraeliRD
Can we keep the counting of votes to last when we're over with? thanks.

More
20 Nov 2007 00:32 #18 by Lonestar
I disagree with Stairmaster as well.

• technostick
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
More
20 Nov 2007 00:58 #19 by technostick
Er... you already said that above.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
More
20 Nov 2007 01:53 #20 by IsraeliRD
Free spam to get post count up ^^

More
20 Nov 2007 03:48 #21 by Lonestar
I did? Oh, whoops...

• Perishingflames
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
More
21 Nov 2007 03:56 #22 by Perishingflames
Don't make any final decisions about GS until you play the new version

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
More
21 Nov 2007 16:14 #23 by IsraeliRD
Still a no from me after replica. The fact that it's rather plain, based on a glitch, sometimes doesn't work and can be frustrating, hard and random.

• Perishingflames
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
More
21 Nov 2007 16:24 #24 by Perishingflames
So what if the level is based on a glitch? Thats why its an advanced level and traplaunches are skills needed for being a better player.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
More
21 Nov 2007 23:33 #25 by IsraeliRD
Quote:So what if the level is based on a glitch? Thats why its an advanced level and traplaunches are skills needed for being a better player.

So what?

MBP doesn't want you to be introduced for it! Such a level is a complete waste of time. You wanted traplaunches? Use MBG, they are harder and the ones that are required to get any known World Record!

How many levels are basing themselves on a glitch anyway?

Besides, the only MBP level that you can make use of the squeeze is Despair for the Easter Egg, and the method to get that is not even introduced in Getting Squeezed [not to mention i've traplaunched succesfully on it almost every single time and it's WAY easier than Getting Squeezed].
The only MBP level besides that is Trigonometry but it's too random (managed it successfully once for a low time and that's around it).

Most people don't even know how to align themselves towards a traplaunch or HATE traplaunches, just go out there and see for yourself. Besides, I don't see YOUR name on the top 3 list for MBG World Record on levels that require Traplaunch in order to be completed in a super low time (Skyscraper, Survival of the Fittest, Battlements, Natural Selection).

The first traplaunch is ok probably, but most players haven't done a traplaunch in their lives, I can't wait to see how annoyed they would be if they were to traplaunch. The second can be skipped if you're smart enough [which most ppl aren't], the 3rd well is basically useless but is random and doesn't always sends you high enough OR in the direction you want. The fourth? If you're lucky you finish, else you have to do it ALL over again.. and again.. and again.

Why don't you make a poll regarding traplaunches, see how many people are willing to have it as a level or are willing to try it.

More
22 Nov 2007 00:32 #26 by Pablo
I've never been good at traplaunches. All I'm saying.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
More
22 Nov 2007 05:44 #27 by IsraeliRD
F = For / A = Against

Gravity Shaker - 0 F / 2 A

Platformer - 1 F / 1 A

The Ultimate Friction Challenge - 2 F / 1 A

Loop Exits - 2 F / 1 A

Diamond Travel - 1 F / 1 A

Gap Aimer - 1 F / 1 A

Ring Stunts - 2 F / 1 A

Thief - 2 F / 2 A

Frictional Climb - 0 F / 2 A

Pool - 0 F / 3 A Undecided, seems DC if 1 more vote against is given

Getting Squeezed - 1 F / 4 A Undecided, seems DC if 1 more vote against is given

Happy Birthday - 0 F / 5 A (DC)

Bump Your Head - 3 F / 1 A

Trampoline Box - 0 F / 4 A (DC)

Nukesweeper - 1 F / 2 A

Treacherous Path - 3 F / 1 A

Don't Jump - 3 F / 2 A Undecided

Medieval Maze - 4 F / 1 A (Makes Final)

Floor Climb - 4 F / 2 A (Makes Final)

Stairmaster - 3 F / 3 A Undecided

• Perishingflames
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
More
22 Nov 2007 22:49 #28 by Perishingflames
Don't jump is a great level, I am for it making the final.

Treacherous path is also a great level that has no place in the dc.

Bump your head is a nice, easy level. If we keep it I suggest it be moved to beginner (if it is intermediate currently, if it already is beginner ignore what I said).

Frictional climb is pretty much a plain and unoriginal or creative level. I suggest it goes to dc.

Thief is another great level to Andrew. It is highly creative and seems to present a unique, fun challenge to me.

Ring stunts is a pretty useless level imo. It was cool when in mbg but just seems out of place in mbp.

Platformer, tufc, and loop exits are all very fun levels, also. Platformer is creative, and may I add the ee is very fun to get. Tufc is awesome for a mbp level and certainly has a place in mbp unlike some other r
Mbg replications. As for loop exits, it presents a highly useful and fun skill that makes for a great level.

• technostick
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
More
23 Nov 2007 01:27 #29 by technostick
I'm for Dizzying Heights in DC. It's a long, frustrating, uninteresting level. (much more so than Frictional Climb...)

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
More
23 Nov 2007 01:33 #30 by IsraeliRD
At the time it was either Hug the Wall or DH to make the finals... guess which won

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 1.455 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.