file DC Replacement Levels (please post here)

• Thank you received: 0
06 Dec 2007 12:21 #31
Quote:Icihole's first TT is sunk into the ground. It's a very nice level! Great fun.

Meant to be, duh

You can rotate it, it looks crap atm

Great level!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Perishingflames
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Thank you received: 21
06 Dec 2007 16:20 #32
Hmm some of those towers might mess up the ee path... mind sending the map file? Or is on the ftp?

• Thank you received: 1
06 Dec 2007 23:25 #33
The towers are absolutely fine. I can get the EE, but it requires a bit of patience

• Thank you received: 18
07 Dec 2007 00:10 #34
Beach Party
Run through this course, packed with sand, bouncy floors, and gravity defyers!
Level can be found in Pablo's folder.

Very large pic

• Perishingflames
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
07 Dec 2007 01:13 #35
Mind fixing this? The wall is too low; I keep on running into it. Just needs to be heightened like one square.

• Thank you received: 15
07 Dec 2007 01:31 #36
Nice level! Fun and replayable, and good for speed runs. I have a couple issues though:

1.) I didn't see the first diamond (above the banked curve) until my 10-15th attempt. I think it's too hard to see. I would suggest putting the diamond onto the curve, and a TM put in its place.

2.) The sloped bouncy floor, imo, is VERY hard, much harder than the rest of the level. Besides, not many people would figure out how to pass it easily. This can be replaced by sand.

3.) What PF mentioned above. ^ ^

Otherwise, great job and I hope you make more levels.

07 Dec 2007 01:46 #37
Fixed wall, moved gem, made sloped bouncy floor into stripes of sand and bouncy. Reuploaded.

07 Dec 2007 12:00 #38
Seriously awesome level! Great repyability + fun + path finding involved. A couple of things:

~ warn people about the OOB trigger before the finish
~ make the IBT trigger lower so I can do my path

No other complaints Out of curiosity, how were you supposed to pass the sloped bouncy floor on the first version of the level? It's still pretty hard even with the sand stripes

Well done!!!

07 Dec 2007 15:21 #39
Thanks Oakster, I'll make oob lower. However, people are supposed to know about flat water being oob because of MMG.

With the old sloped bouncy floor, I was able to beat it 25% of the time. You had to go to the back corner of the bouncy-topped tower, then go as fast as possible toward the slope and get lots of spin. Hopefully, once you hit the slope, on your next bounce you would come down on the sand.

• IsraeliRD
  • IsraeliRD's Avatar Topic Author
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
07 Dec 2007 16:02 #40
Oakster, stop complaining about the IBT, I did 25.75, just try and rebound for once. Pablo, no need 2 change it, it's great to stop special shortcuts like Oakster's and just make them harder. If you do, however, as Oakster asked, I'll lower both PT and UT

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

• Perishingflames
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
08 Dec 2007 05:46 #41
New advanced level: Frictional Ascent. Find it under my levels folder.

Pics:

Enjoy!

• technostick
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 32
08 Dec 2007 14:40 #42
OMG *expletives* !!!!!!

That looks way too awesome to be true. Must. Play. Now.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
08 Dec 2007 15:07 #43
49.75, go me

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

• technostick
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 32
08 Dec 2007 16:48 #44
Suspicions mostly confirmed. This level definitely has the potential to be one of the best in MBP, but I don't feel this potential entirely realised. There are quite a few editing/presentation errors, and in general the construction just could be a little more wow- inducing.

9/10 at the moment, easily to become 10/10.

08 Dec 2007 17:37 #45
This is an awesome level! Great challenges. However, there are a lot of building errors which will be a bit difficult to fix, such as minute cracks around the ends of the nuke tunnel. Scenery is ok, but I would suggest putting on the tower tops and/or adding totally original scenery (think Combo Course..). Also, I'd suggest changing the MP markers to accelerate.

Overall, 9.5/10 not considering editing errors.

08 Dec 2007 20:46 #46
Skill Zone
Effort and serious concentration are needed to pass these trials. Are you up for it?

Level can be found under the Andrew Sears folder on the FTP. No UT or PT yet, Matan can set those himself.

Thanks LS and Matan for converting the level for me!

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
08 Dec 2007 23:36 #47
The pic looks promising, the level not.
IMO this level would've been better if you added the interior to the ZIP, but that's me so don't take me seriously on that.

08 Dec 2007 23:45 #48
Omg I can't beleive I forgot the interior. Zip reuploaded with the interior included.

09 Dec 2007 06:15 #49
MBP doesn't like the jpeg you took, it quits on me when I get to the level select screen. Changed to png and problem solved.

And now for my review. What did you do with those slopes?? Why are they so thin? I recommend changing to 16 units and possible adding trim. I like the trim on the rest of the level though. Also, about the half-arches holding up a platform with a gem, I suggest changing to wood. The challenges have all been used in one way or another on other levels, but their integration is very nice and I like how they're built.

09 Dec 2007 08:00 #50
Quote:it quits on me when I get to the level select screen

That also happens here. :/
I'm sure that it's the screenshot that causes the problem.

Just some short reviews below...

Beach Party

Really really fun level, liked the idea of the gravity. Good level building skills as well (like usual )Perhaps the tightrope gets a little annoying?
8.5/10.

Frictional Ascent

I really loved this one, the frictions were well used, nice and open, challenging and presented well!
Maybe I'm a little bit fussy, but I got kinda cut that I went OOB at the last part with the MP. Felt a bit unexpected, cause I didn't realise that it was an MP.
9.5/10!

Skill Zone

Everything else, apart from the half-pipes at the start is great! I think you need a bit more room when you land though. There's some good level building skills there but why use MBG's edge_white2?
7/10.

----

Loving the levels, everyone!

09 Dec 2007 08:14 #51
Rolling to Eternity

- Divergence (from MBU) like
- Multiplayer map style
- Uses mbp_hot7
- Variety of different hazards
- Moving platforms

Hope you have fun!

It looks tougher than you think.

Level can be found at philsempire.com/platinumshare/Phil/Levels/RollingToEternity.zip

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
09 Dec 2007 12:39 #52
Divergence

Phil and I worked for 2:30 hrs through my webcam to see how the MBU level was built. We had replicated it to the last detail and you'll enjoy this level as if you were to play MBU.

We added our own Desc/SHT as there were none in MBU and of course added the respective platinum and ultimate times as needed. The par time is from MBU.

Level can be found at (EDITED OUT MWHAHAHA)

Enjoy!

09 Dec 2007 17:49 #53
Rolling to Eternity - Awesome job on this level, Phil! Most of the challenges have been done before, but they are arranged in a very interesting fashion. Very fun and replayable. The QuArKing is excellently done (as usual), and I love the new texture.

Score: 9/10.

Divergence - I have always wanted to play this level, and I'm glad you two gave me the chance. This is one of the best MBU conversions I've seen. The challenges and level shape were preserved well, as well as all the shortcuts. Of course, there's no orginality at all, since it's a direct conversion, but I'm not counting that towards my score. Well done!

Score: 10/10!

09 Dec 2007 19:17 #54
Andrew, what are you going to do about the Skill Zone quarterpipes?

Reviews time!

Rolling to Eternity: Good level. Especially like new texture and scenery. Challenges were arranged nicely and editing, though mostly simple, was flawless. 9/10

Divergence: Um.. an intermediate level with checkpoints?!? It is fun for pathway-finding but the challenges are repetitive and/or have been done before. The trim is nice, the scenery is good and simple. 8/10

NOTE: In TTOTS I just noticed that the jump boost at -4 46 228.25 is sunk into the floor. A few near it are sunk as well.

09 Dec 2007 19:27 #55
Quote:Andrew, what are you going to do about the Skill Zone quarterpipes?

Those pipes are a separate interior (ramp_3x3.dif). Someone will have to edit the interior to add the quarterpipes in.

10 Dec 2007 00:26 #56
Could someone upload the map, please? I'll fix the ramps if no one else wants to. Also, should the trim be changed to normal?

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
10 Dec 2007 01:30 #57
I have the latest MAP file with some additions, so you might wanna ask me for that

PF Should have that MAP file from Gym for those half pipes.

• Perishingflames
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
10 Dec 2007 01:40 #58
Yeah, the trim definitely seems a bit odd.

Nice levels everyone! I like the challenges presented in Andrew's Skill Zone, it was a very fun level! Rolling to Eternity and Divergence are great Phil and Matan! Love the style as usual but Rolling to Eternity just didn't seem to have the shine as your others Well when making multi-player style levels, I guess some stuff has to be sacrificed but you seemed to have managed a nice open style level nicely unlike how you usually make them.

10 Dec 2007 12:24 #59
I know Divergence is a rep and all, but the last TD on the 'stairs' is seriously misalinged and looks horrible. Great level nonetheless, same with RtE and Skill Zone and Frictional Ascent.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
10 Dec 2007 14:47 #60
I have a more fixed up version where the TD is less misaligned (but still is), but now is a true replica of the MBU.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.973 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.