• Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 1
25 Jan 2007 09:48 #1
Ok, I've finally put all my levels plus the textures all in one package
You can download the levels here:

Edit by Matan for public access: NO showing our FTP

Enjoy!
Phil

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Perishingflames
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Thank you received: 21
26 Jan 2007 02:02 #2
Okay I have some comments:

On Treachery, everything is perfect. The only thing I can think of is maybe some buildings in the distance like in Gauntlet, but that might not flow with the up in the clouds theme.

On Technoropes, it would seem better if you raised the gem in the tornado a bit. And, if you wanted to, you could put maybe a 5 second tt on top of the finish sign. Nothing too high if you would put a tt there, like not 15 seconds. That is too much.

On Diamond Seeking Fun it seems there is a few parts of a platform sticking out of the tower. I like this level a lot though, except on top of the tower you might want to remove the small platform the gem is sitting on. It doesn't look good. I know you want to keep a consistent flow of the gems, so you might not want to remove it or in my opinion I would just remove all of the small platforms most of the gems are sitting on.

On Stamina, this level is awesome but very challenging. It is well placed at expert. I love the use of your custom using platforms throughout the level, it gives Stamina a very unique feel. I really like the part with the moving platform and the gravity modifiers. It would be cool if on top of the like gazebo thing (after the launcher) there was a 5 second tt.

More to come...

• technostick
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 32
26 Jan 2007 02:57 #3
I agree with the Technoropes suggestion entirely.

Diamond Seeking Fun is also one of my favourite levels. I agree that the small platforms should be removed, as they only cause frustration...

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
26 Jan 2007 09:25 #4
Stamina is only an Advanced level imo, not expert. I found it pretty easy after you understand the level. 39.39 secs on it too,

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

• Perishingflames
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
26 Jan 2007 16:17 #5
I thought it was only three difficulty levels, yeah agreed if there are four.

• technostick
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
26 Jan 2007 22:37 #6
I still think it should be Expert. It's extremely hard! Certainly the hardest MBP level yet made.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
27 Jan 2007 00:47 #7
It was hard in the first bit, but its easily done. Then it's the moving platform part but you can time it so you don't get hit at all. In fact, the only challenging part in this level is getting the first two gems and timing your perfect run for the 'battlements' part.
This is Advanced. Expert would be way harder, like Stairmaster.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

• Thank you received: 0
27 Jan 2007 01:51 #8
I think stairmaster is easier. Keep it expert. Make Diamond Seeking Fun advanced.

• technostick
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
27 Jan 2007 01:59 #9
Stairmaster is easier in my opinion also. Diamond Seeking Fun seems to fit Intermediate/Advanced for me.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
27 Jan 2007 02:07 #10
I had more trouble finishing stairmaster due to 1 *cencored for the next 10 sentences*

stair which really pissed me off. DSF should go to Intermediate and haven't I requested it to be converted to Ice already?
Stamina is just easy. Heck, TTMR is either Advanced/Expert too.

• technostick
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
27 Jan 2007 02:12 #11
Quote:Stamina is just easy. Heck, TTMR is either Advanced/Expert too.

What? TTMR is totally easier than Stamina. Shout if you agree with me.

27 Jan 2007 02:17 #12
Matan. The creator of the level says it should be expert. Everyone except YOU thinks it should be expert. It's expert.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
27 Jan 2007 02:21 #13
*points at Perishingflames*

Dude and if you say it's expert then we're at totally different leagues, lol. I just don't see what is hard in this level!

I guess we'll have some big discussion about the rating of all levels, lol. However, I'm still setting Ultimate Times, so deal with the increased difficulty. Also in your Diamond Roundup level how did you get 12 secs? i did 16.xx at best!

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
27 Jan 2007 02:22 #14
Quote:
Quote:Stamina is just easy. Heck, TTMR is either Advanced/Expert too.

What? TTMR is totally easier than Stamina. Shout if you agree with me.

Ah, it's still easy? Guess I better lower Qualify/Platinum/Ultimate times then.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
27 Jan 2007 02:33 #15
IDEA:

How about I leave to you guys the decision of the difficulty of each level (beginner-expert) and then we arrange it in some order in the category itself? This way we'll be arguing a whole less.

I will still be setting Ultimate Times regardless of the level difficulty.

• Perishingflames
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
27 Jan 2007 02:46 #16
Sure. I have a few more comments to give on Phil's levels.

• technostick
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
27 Jan 2007 02:56 #17
Quote:Ah, it's still easy? Guess I better lower Qualify/Platinum/Ultimate times then.

That's not the point. I am saying that as a level, it's easy - i.e. requires less perfected' skills (also means less frustrating). I don't mean that it is easy to qualify. I got 1:36, by the way.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
27 Jan 2007 03:03 #18
Soz Technostick, I was being sarcastic. TTMR is advanced/expert due to the time you need to achieve, not for the skills you need to use. However some skills are needed had you seen my vid lol. Well, edge hits

• Perishingflames
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
27 Jan 2007 03:05 #19
Mini Mountain is perfect to go. No comments needed.

Bumpy Highway: Everything seems fine except you might want to move that time travel a tad bit higher. Also, if you go the opposite direction to do the level, there is a huge shortcut that if taken, you can get almost 5 seconds less time. That is, after the bump that slants steeply up then steeply down, you can easily get a bit of speed and jump that gap. You should put an OOB trigger in that area.

Let's Roll: Flawlessly constructed. Awesome! I saw this is without doubt the new first level of MBP. (Obviously, lol)

Take A Stroll: Another great level, Phil. As you probably planned it has a big shortcut that if you use the start pad as a launcher, you can get to the first time travel. Then you can continue the level and get sub 15. I would leave the shortcut as is, it is easy at first, but if you do it for a while, it gets harder to accomplish.

Nice job, I would say your levels are definitely the best MBU levels out of all the level builders (no offense anyone, everyone else's are great too Phil just has an advantage over you ).

• Perishingflames
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
27 Jan 2007 03:08 #20
Oh and I finally figured out that there is a slight shortcut using a hidden powerup, bit if you use the launcher pad correctly, you can launch yourself right to the finish anyways so the hidden powerup doesn't do that much. Oh did I mention the powerup is a helicopter...

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
27 Jan 2007 03:10 #21
Quote:Mini Mountain is perfect to go. No comments needed.

Bumpy Highway: Everything seems fine except you might want to move that time travel a tad bit higher. Also, if you go the opposite direction to do the level, there is a huge shortcut that if taken, you can get almost 5 seconds less time. That is, after the bump that slants steeply up then steeply down, you can easily get a bit of speed and jump that gap. You should put an OOB trigger in that area.

Let's Roll: Flawlessly constructed. Awesome! I saw this is without doubt the new first level of MBP. (Obviously, lol)

Take A Stroll: Another great level, Phil. As you probably planned it has a big shortcut that if you use the start pad as a launcher, you can get to the first time travel. Then you can continue the level and get sub 15. I would leave the shortcut as is, it is easy at first, but if you do it for a while, it gets harder to accomplish.

Nice job, I would say your levels are definitely the best MBU levels out of all the level builders (no offense anyone, everyone else's are great too Phil just has an advantage over you ).

Bumpy Highway - go the normal path and you can do 17 secs with that Gap shortcut. Ultimate Time path

Anyway PF I don't really take offense but again he's using QuArK so he can do stuff no one else can, like moving platforms. Therefore you expect it to be better. Everyone does his own levels differently and if they don't use QuArK like Phil, they shouldn't be thought of as worse than Phil's levels. It's simply they don't have the tools for it. As well, QuArK allows you to make your own parts of the level, giving an advantage to QuArK users.

For example, see my levels for MBP. I try and do them QuArK style with all perfection and stuff and the result is that I spend hours over the smallest bits so that they align perfectly. Phil doesn't need to do it because he has QuArK. So generally his input to make sure everything is aligned is lower than mine since he has a tool that does the job for him while I need to work for hours with the level editor in order to achieve the same result. Same for the rest of us!

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
27 Jan 2007 03:11 #22
Yea I was like shocked when I got it first that I flew OOB lol.

• technostick
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
27 Jan 2007 03:26 #23
Quote:I spend hours over the smallest bits so that they align perfectly. Phil doesn't need to do it because he has QuArK.

Neither do I, because I don't use the level editor...

Quote: I need to work for hours with the level editor in order to achieve the same result.

Poor you...

27 Jan 2007 04:25 #24
Quote:

I just don't see what is hard in this level!

That's probably because your the 2nd best MBG player.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
27 Jan 2007 09:31 #25
The only thing that is good about pascal is his speed. If it wasn't for me releasing all of the paths I'd undoubtly have ruled the WR leaderboards.

• Phil
  • Phil's Avatar Topic Author
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 1
27 Jan 2007 09:55 #26
How about I just decide the categories, and tell me if anything should be changed

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 1.107 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.