file Important Message to all Mac Users

• Perishingflames
  • Perishingflames's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Thank you received: 21
30 May 2007 00:43 #1
As everyone knows, the library folder screws up the division of MBG and MBP. Many files are shared between them in the library folder such as dso's.

The way to fix things like textures not working in MBG such as space or mud (which were deleted from MBP) is simple. It also affects the end game gui, and many other things.

Here's how to fix this issue:

1) Go into the marbleblast folder in library. Load the marble folder.

2) Go into data from there, and rename the init.cs.dso to init1.cs.dso. Then, load MBG and play a level it should make a fresh dso called init.cs.dso in the same location, the marble folder. Move that into the corresponding folder in marbleblast gold's package contents. Then, load MBP and again play a level and it should make a fresh init.cs.dso in the library location. Move that to the corresponding place in MBP's package contents.

3) While still in the marbleblast folder in the library, go into marble-client. From there, rename the scripts folder in that client folder to scripts1. Then do the same steps as before: load MBG and play a level and a fresh scripts folder should be made. Move the dso's made in that to the corresponding scripts folder in MBG's package contents. If a new scripts folder is not made for some unlikely reason, rename scripts1 back to scripts, and go into the folder and delete the files. Then load MBG and play a level and new dso's should be made and move them into MBG's corresponding folder in package contents. After doing this for MBG, do the same for MBP (load MBP-fresh copy- so on).

4) Go into marble-server and rename the scripts folder in there to scripts1. Then do the same steps as before for this scripts folder. When moving to corresponding places, make sure you are in the right scripts folder (remember one is client-scripts and the other is server-scripts).

Enjoy the new perfected MBP!

~Tutorial made by Perishingflames

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Perishingflames
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
03 Jun 2007 15:03 #2
In case you haven't yet done these instructions, it is important you do them because the instructions for the mbp staff are very different than those being released to the community.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
05 Jun 2007 09:36 #3
Bump for the MAC users

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

• Thank you received: 1
07 Jun 2007 03:03 #4
The problem with this is that MBG will not run, the program stops responding immediatly as long as MBP's Library Folder is in the Library. Was this fixed, and I just didn't get the update?

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
07 Jun 2007 03:23 #5
MBP was fixed and now seperated completely from MBG. You need PF for that though.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

07 Jun 2007 03:27 #6
Why isn't it on the ftp?

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
07 Jun 2007 05:53 #7
The new version (PC) will be completed tomorrow and then ill send it to PF to do the rest and upload MAC version.

07 Jun 2007 17:48 #8
lol! Mac people: look in the library folder>marble>data>sounds. The James Bond theme is in there!

• Perishingflames
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
07 Jun 2007 23:22 #9
Lol. That was the version from a long time ago; why are you using that?

Lonestar, use your library. You don't need the one from ftp.. it's pointless. Just follow the instructions, and when the next version comes out, there will be some more little changes, but nothing major.

08 Jun 2007 02:42 #10
MBP doesn't start if I use my origional Library, and MBG doesn't start if I use the MBP Library. So do I just take out the library all together, have MBG make a new one, and then try the instructions? Or will MBP still now work?

• Perishingflames
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
08 Jun 2007 03:33 #11
No, don't do that. I have no clue why MBP won't start. Send me a console.log from library-marbleblast after trying to start it up.

08 Jun 2007 05:04 #12
Problem fixed. Thanks, PF. I'm totally gonna use the James Bond theme in a cartoon, though.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.848 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.