file It is time for a change

• IsraeliRD
  • IsraeliRD's Avatar Topic Author
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
31 Mar 2007 14:08 #1
With the realisation from Multiplayer staff that we will never get multiplayer to work with the current MBG version, we're now beginning to drop out MBG and look for the final alternative: Torque 1.5

This will enable us to do the following:

* Our own Physics Engine -> Our own Marble Properties! We can decide if we want traplaunches or not! We can decide if we want the marble to get stuck into stuff!

* Our own multiplayer and own servers -> We'll bypass all of GarageGames obstacles!

* Better looking MBP -> New graphics, lightning and lots more!

* Own codes -> We cannot be sued by GarageGames if we develop our own stuff and create our own marble game [we'll probably change the name from MBP to something else, depends]

* We'll have the interiors/levels/shapes/sounds etc staying the same. Changing Physics Engine does NOT change the levels etc.

Spy already tried (and proved) that he got King of the Mountain working on Torque 1.5 (looks awesome) with a player from a first person shooter (was it doom?)

I request from ALL MBP staff to support us in the upcoming conversion for Torque 1.5. It's the final test. If we don't succeed, no more multiplayer, but we will still have all that we got right now. If we succeed... Glory Awaits.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1
31 Mar 2007 18:26 #2
Well said now does anyone know C++

31 Mar 2007 19:23 #3
If anyone did, we would have known a long time ago. Spy47 is the only C++ programmer around here at the moment.

31 Mar 2007 22:37 #4
btw with a physics engine, this'll mean that levels will have to be remade?

31 Mar 2007 22:38 #5
Oh and PS,
Quote:Spy already tried (and proved) that he got King of the Mountain working on Torque 1.5 (looks awesome) with a player from a first person shooter (was it doom?)

Ooo! Screenie

31 Mar 2007 22:49 #6
Quote:btw with a physics engine, this'll mean that levels will have to be remade?

Nope, we're re-making the physics to be the same as possible, so the levels will not have to be re-made.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
31 Mar 2007 23:51 #7
Quote:btw with a physics engine, this'll mean that levels will have to be remade?

See Matan it is an honest mistake.

Ian's Piccy:

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
31 Mar 2007 23:56 #8
I think it might also be important to tell everyone that I just found out Spy stole it. Which means if GG digs in thier record and search for Spy's IP or something and find out We will probablly go to court. I am now part of GND studios. (Game (Nothing to do with GMD) Developers. WHo is with me?

We just have to keep spy off... Nevermind I don't want to go to jail. Proboards could easilly give away my elaborate plan to not get in trouble that could get me in trouble. Well This was all set up so you guys had to read it and get involved, you can't deny it now. We are all in this together.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
31 Mar 2007 23:58 #9
Quote:

See Matan it is an honest mistake.

It would've been a honest mistake HAD I didn't write this:

Quote:We'll have the interiors/levels/shapes/sounds etc staying the same. Changing Physics Engine does NOT change the levels etc.

Since I did write this, it just means he didn't read what I said.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
01 Apr 2007 00:00 #10
Quote:I think it might also be important to tell everyone that I just found out Spy stole it. Which means if GG digs in thier record and search for Spy's IP or something and find out We will probablly go to court. I am now part of GND studios. (Game (Nothing to do with GMD) Developers. WHo is with me?

We just have to keep spy off... Nevermind I don't want to go to jail. Proboards could easilly give away my elaborate plan to not get in trouble that could get me in trouble. Well This was all set up so you guys had to read it and get involved, you can't deny it now. We are all in this together.

Um... ok? Whatever, it won't happen. As said before -> make own codes and you're fine. Also change name of the game to... I dunno.. Platinum Marble Game ? and we'll be fine.

01 Apr 2007 00:04 #11
Platinum Marble Game

Lame'ooooo

How about Platinum Surge Adventure or The Adventures of PLatinum Marble

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
01 Apr 2007 00:06 #12
Of course that name was lame, it was a random suggestion proving we need a totally different game. And no your names are worse than mine.

01 Apr 2007 00:27 #13
Quote:I am now part of GND studios. (Game (Nothing to do with GMD) Developers. WHo is with me?

If you want nothing to do with GMD why are you still here?

01 Apr 2007 06:47 #14
Officially, multiplayer will have to be cancelled.

02 Apr 2007 00:28 #15
Why?

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
02 Apr 2007 21:05 #16
Quote:Officially, multiplayer will have to be cancelled.

You Don't mean that, do you? If so then Why????????

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
02 Apr 2007 23:50 #17
Yeah, about that:

(edited out)
- Had to get him to agree it worths it all after 10-15 minutes of MSN convo (he's tough!)
- Now he agrees to have Project Torque 1.5 continuing so that we can see if we can re-make the game.

So Phil isn't disagreeing anymore

• technostick
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 32
03 Apr 2007 01:44 #18
If this indeed progresses, I shall remove myself from any association with GMD.

03 Apr 2007 04:10 #19
I will have Torque soon, I'm going to buy it from GG. I can't remember how much the commercial license is, but if I had that I could distribute it a certain amount of times, legally. I could compile that for Windows/Linix. I will be getting a job this summer, that will pay for it. (even at minimum wage that adds up fast) Would that be better?

EDIT: Oh crap... Commercial License is $750. So I guess that won't be happening. Oh well.

• Thank you received: 0
03 Apr 2007 13:56 #20
I can't get a job for two years, but I work on my anunt's farm for $20 bucks every Saturday and sometimes tuesdays. So I might be able to get it.

I like technostick don't want to be KOed out of life becuase of a programming feat. I think that we shouldn't work on Multiplayer.

@LS Indie will work. We only need the physics engine and MBG was made on Indie

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
03 Apr 2007 14:04 #21
Meanwhile if we work on the new physics but don't make them in the game, we'll at least save time by the fact we get it to work. Better make now so when we do get one, we'll have it ready to be copy-pasted.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
03 Apr 2007 20:45 #22
agreed.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
04 Apr 2007 00:49 #23
It won't, we just save some time.

04 Apr 2007 07:46 #24
lol, when you said about RE-MAKING the game, I was like.. okay?
But yes, just doing a physics engine - I guess is ok
Sorry for the trouble I caused

• Perishingflames
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Thank you received: 21
04 Apr 2007 14:34 #25
TG claims to have Tourge

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
04 Apr 2007 15:25 #26
1) It's Torque
2) He works on the Physics Engine for us as he knows: Visual C+ / C++ / Java [I think] which is the excat requirement for our new Physics Engine. Right now it's up to Tech Geek [mainly] and Spy47 to build our new Physics Engine.
4) He's right now changing Physics and we're waiting response from him.
5) He's the only one we know who can do it. A normal coder costs $100-$250 per hour. I think we got very lucky to have Tech Geek.
6) RM, TG's only purpose is to make our new physics engine and he'll be credited. Let me handle the rest of the stuff.

04 Apr 2007 21:21 #27
Matan, but GG knwos TG and If we credit him and he says he has Tourge and his GG saus otherwise then Ploop WE DIE! Can we at least wait a month or two.

04 Apr 2007 22:14 #28
Quote:Matan, but GG knwos TG and If we credit him and he says he has Tourge and his GG saus otherwise then Ploop WE DIE! Can we at least wait a month or two.

I didn't understand a word of that. And it's TORQUE!!! WITH A Q!

• Thank you received: 0
04 Apr 2007 23:33 #29
Quote:
Quote:Matan, but GG knwos TG and If we credit him and he says he has Tourge and his GG saus otherwise then Ploop WE DIE! Can we at least wait a month or two.

I didn't understand a word of that. And it's TORQUE!!! WITH A Q!

Ditto. You sound like Luke.

05 Apr 2007 00:24 #30
Quote:Once he's done with it, we'll need to somehow purchase a true copy (perhaps we all donate?)

No need, I am buying Torque as soon as I get back from Religious Ed.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 1.169 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.