file MBP - THE PLAN

• Phil
  • Phil's Avatar Topic Author
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 1
14 Jan 2007 05:03 #1
We are all going very well on MBP and all have some really great ideas that are half finished. This is all very good but:
If we don't set ourselves some goals (or a final plan of what MBP should be) we are not going to make MBP into a final release.

I think that we should just finish developing our current ideas.

We maybe could work to finish a smaller version and make MBP that. We could play it, enjoy it for ourselves and see what we think, If we like it and feel happy about it we could work on it a little more, but only if we feel good about it.
For example, I have about 10 great levels that I want to make, but one of them could take a whole week.

Matan also has heaps of levels he has yet to start. Plus, he also has to work on CLA, manage a forum, and all sorts of other MB business that must take a lot of hard work. No wonder he is feeling so tired of MB lately.

MB is about fun - maybe we shouldn't make it super big. Sure it would be nice to have 150 levels, but by the time we make them all we might be sick and tired of MarbleBlast.

There are 26 levels finished. Let's aim for 30 by a target date of say, a weeks time?

What does everyone think?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0
14 Jan 2007 05:57 #2
No, higher then 30. But yeah, 150 is a big deal. Let's aim for about 35-50.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
14 Jan 2007 10:36 #3
We're going to have more than 30 by the time I'm finished with my levels. And yes, I do have lots of work, lol.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
14 Jan 2007 15:50 #4
I could give you 30 now if I got the interiors you are making for me. No offence Phil, but you are like a turtle with those interiers. Lack of levels (for me at least) is partially because of you. I mean really how am I supposed to make levels with Squares? I don't care if they have cool textures or not I want what I asked for.

I'm sorry.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
14 Jan 2007 16:02 #5
Well then RM, get QuArK (and a PC) and DO your own levels. We are using squares as the first basics for levels. As time passes we'll make more and more complex interiors, such as bigger turns (using some squares together). Please wait until we get it done!

• technostick
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 32
14 Jan 2007 16:20 #6
Sorry Matan.

Me and Kate and my Mom and my Dad all have Macs. Quiver Costs 20 Bucks and I can't even get my hand on the Demo. In our community the majarity of the people have MAcs even the schools have Macs. I know like 1 person who has a PC and he hates me. I can use blender. They are the same as .difs except they are .dts They can still be solid and everything. But the Teleport Pad took me about 3 weeks to make. And it is not even that good.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
14 Jan 2007 17:13 #7
You should apologize to Phil, not me. He was the one who agreed to have you on the team in the first place. Other than that, Phil has his own life and he can do interiors in his own way. Eventually he does them all (when he gets 1 spare hour ) and yea. I'll send him some new screenshots for interiors which I want and yes that we can use in our levels and are not just sqaures. Don't worry, it will be done.

Besides, I've done/seen cool levels with sqaures only

• technostick
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 32
14 Jan 2007 17:51 #8
Quote:I know like 1 person who has a PC and he hates me.

LOL!

GO MAC/PC!

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
14 Jan 2007 20:58 #9
I'm sorry Phil. I have a life too. Who knows maybe I can blame one of Kate's boyfriends for something and get her to buy me a PC. But yeah Phil I'm sorry that was rude.

• Phil
  • Phil's Avatar Topic Author
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 1
15 Jan 2007 05:05 #10
RM, I don't think you should save up for Quiver. No way! Also don't get a PC

Torque Constructor may come out soon. It will be for Mac, PC and Linux. Take a search on the GG website on Constructor for more information. I'll try my best to do interiors. You should give me an email rather than a post on the forums. I don't really check EVERY thread. But my email is mostly open all the time. In case you don't know, email me at (removed email)
Thanks
Phil

• Thank you received: 0
15 Jan 2007 05:36 #11
Okay. BTW, have you started working on my cube interior? I need it for my next level.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
25 Jan 2007 00:10 #12
Apparently Phil cancelled out SPACE so no one uses it. The only original MBG friction force remaining is grass and even that one got its texture changed lol

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.838 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.