file MBP Anonymous

• Thank you received: 15
02 Aug 2007 04:44 #1
EMERGENCY EMERGENCY EMERGENCY EMERGENCY EMERGENCY EMERGENCY

Most people on the forums have received an e-mail from somebody named MBP Anonymous titled Weekly level. The message reads:

Quote:As A Anonymous Member of MBP I Will Be Giving Out One Level A Week
Until it Is Released.

Included was a zip file of LS's level, Double LoopLoop.

Now obviously, this is a SERIOUS breach in the security of MBP, and may undermine everything we have worked for all these months. Especially if, as the e-mail promises, a new level is released every week. I trust each and every one of you in the MBP staff, and I am confident that no one here would pull a stunt like this.

Now, we have several issues to discuss:

1.) How to prevent these e-mails from continuing, and how to keep people from succumbing to temptation and downloading the levels.

2.) If the person is an active member of these forums, how to catch him/her?

3.) If the person is caught, how to punish? Permanent ban?

4.) How we can improve security measures to prevent this sort of thing from happening again.

Suspects:

The evidence so far:

- The message was sent by g-mail.com, so anyone who doesn't use Google can probably be ruled out (The e-mail address of MBP Anonymous is mbpanonymous@gmail.com).
- It has to be someone who has (or had) access to the FTP to be able to get the file for Double LoopLoop.
- The only staff members not to have received an e-mail was our testers, Ross and Oakster.

(Please post additional evidence if you find it, and I will add it here.)

The most likely suspect, as pointed out by Pablo, is Robot Marble. He was a former staff member, had access to the FTP, and would still likely have all the levels, codes, skies, etc. from it. Plus, he has reason for revenge (being found out about lying about Multiplayer). When RM was discovered to have stolen codes from GG, we were afraid this very thing would happen. And now it has.
As noted above, Ross and Oakster did not receive an e-mail from this guy. Possible suspects?

(If you have any other suspects, please post the name of the person and the reasons behind the accusation.)

I CANNOT STRESS TO EVERYONE ENOUGH THE SEVERITY OF THE SITUATION. MONTHS OF WORK MIGHT BE UNDERMINED AND RUINED IF THIS IS NOT PUT TO A STOP AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. I DO NOT BELIEVE ANYONE TO BE A TRAITOR, BUT BE WARNED, IF YOU DID DO THIS, YOU WILL BE THROWN OUT OF THE COMMUNITY WITHOUT A SECOND THOUGHT.

The future of MBP is at stake here, guys. Let's not let this jerk ruin it for everyone.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
02 Aug 2007 11:08 #2
Find me on MSN asap if you want to see my response as I want to make it email + community official.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

• Thank you received: 0
04 Aug 2007 03:49 #3
There is pretty much no way to stop him sending out our stuff if he has it. the only thing we can do is try and convince the public that the levels he sends are either bullshit and not actually levels. OR we could hust tell the public that its ruining it for themselves which is what i have been doing.

If we are gonna do sumtin we need to all follow the same story and dont all just amke up sumptin

Have a nice day
-Jase

• Thank you received: 1
05 Aug 2007 00:58 #4
Quote:There is pretty much no way to stop him sending out our stuff if he has it.

Not entirely true, we can email Gmail support and they may cancel his account.

• Thank you received: 18
05 Aug 2007 15:19 #5
I don't think they would do that; since we aren't going to sell MBP, a lot of legal restrictions vanish. Gmail would view this as a flame war between teenagers.

05 Aug 2007 16:11 #6
RM can't view the forums, can he? We could email back saying Dude, give it up! We released MBP to Matan's forums like, a week ago! or say It's become an entire community envolved project, everyone you sent it to has either left the community ages ago or is now involved with the project. I see no way in convincing the community not to download the files...

05 Aug 2007 16:55 #7
Quote:RM can't view the forums, can he? We could email back saying Dude, give it up! We released MBP to Matan's forums like, a week ago! or say It's become an entire community envolved project, everyone you sent it to has either left the community ages ago or is now involved with the project.

He can still view as a guest, I believe. Anyway, that would be awesome! Let's ask Matan about that when he comes on again.

Quote:I see no way in convincing the community not to download the files...

Like Jase and I have said, we could tell them that downloading the level would only ruin MBP for themselves. If they want to do that, it's their problem.

05 Aug 2007 17:51 #8
He banned me from his forums, and I can't view as a guest, and when Luke banned HW from his HW was unable to view as a guest either.

05 Aug 2007 18:30 #9
But RM wasn't banned, he deleted himself. Shouldn't that make a difference?

05 Aug 2007 18:43 #10
Matan banned him afterward though, didn't he?

05 Aug 2007 18:47 #11
Nope.

05 Aug 2007 19:04 #12
I thought he said he had in the CBox when RM was posting...

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.861 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.