file MBP Custom Powerups

• IsraeliRD
  • IsraeliRD's Avatar Topic Author
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
16 Mar 2007 20:37 #1
I have had a few Ideas for MBP Custom Powerups. If they are ok with everyone I will start them.

1. Anti-Friction: Stops The Friction Force on Certain Objects (Ice, Water, Sand, Mud, ext) for a set amount of time.

2. Spider Marble: Alows your marble to climb vertically until it wears off.

3. Marble Grounder: Increases you Marble's Stick to the ground so you are not picked up by Cyclones.

4. Discharger: Turns off land mines and nukes

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
16 Mar 2007 23:46 #2
Discharge and Spider Marble are the best imo. However, I think Discharge would be the best. I also wonder if you like my Antigravity powerup idea

Reminder of my idea:

For a limited amount of time, once activated, your marble will no longer be affected by gravity. By moving with your movement keys, you can go forwards, backwards, right and left with ease. To move up and down, use either the mouse of keyboard keys. This allows the marble to move in all directions.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

• technostick
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 32
17 Mar 2007 02:20 #3
I also particularly like Discharger.

• Thank you received: 0
17 Mar 2007 03:07 #4
Discharger. Don't think we need any of the others though, IMO.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
17 Mar 2007 14:04 #5
I think 3 and 4 are best, but having anti-friction would be so cool.

17 Mar 2007 14:27 #6
What's the point of putting friction surfaces in if you're going to put an anti-friction in too? Also, tornadoes still cause lots of trouble when they don't lift you up. They can still pull you in. Actually, it makes it harder to escape tornadoes if you don't get thrown up. Try it.

Also, we have enough powerups allready.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
17 Mar 2007 14:41 #7
3. Marble Grounder: Increases you Marble's Stick to the ground so you are not picked up by Cyclones.

Now, how many levels actually DO use cyclones?

• robotmarble
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
18 Mar 2007 13:12 #8
Quote:What's the point of putting friction surfaces in if you're going to put an anti-friction in too? Also, tornadoes still cause lots of trouble when they don't lift you up. They can still pull you in. Actually, it makes it harder to escape tornadoes if you don't get thrown up. Try it.

Also, we have enough powerups allready.

Ian you are to stubborn if we are not going to change game code we might as well make a PLatinum Level Pack.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
18 Mar 2007 13:46 #9
I sort of agree with Ian. The game basically came with all powerups you ever need.

Number 3 is literally not needed. How many levels REALLY use cyclones, and when they do, don't you think they're there for a reason? It's just easier to get around cyclones.

Number 1: Idea is good, but too general. I can see people do it on Ice and space, but again, how many friction forces are there in each level? And again, they're there for a reason. Like in RUC.

Number 2: A good idea, but right now there are no levels which ever require that. I would love to see this on Stairmaster hahaha.

Number 4: An excellent idea, but again, very few levels use mines/nukes. I might put one for Nuke Field and the only way to get to it is via a Nuke. Oh, the irony!

But I also agree with RM: Wind (never saw anyone using it) is kind of ok, but is not needed. Magnet is ok you just need to know how to use it. Nuke is by far an excellent idea. It lags some comps (like PF's comp) due to all the effects, but I like them nonetheless.

Also you didn't reply to my Antigravity idea, which should be of some discussion imo because it enables some interesting new gameplay ideas.

18 Mar 2007 14:32 #10
Agreed with Matan completly.

• robotmarble
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
18 Mar 2007 14:41 #11
I like the idea matan, but I think it would be kind of cheap. It would allow you to do all of the above and is basiclly the gravity changer with a time limit added.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.890 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.