file MBP What to do

• Phil
  • Phil's Avatar Topic Author
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 1
12 Jan 2007 23:18 #1
Ok, after long hard contemplation and reserch I have found out the following.

First and foremost:

An Email from Alex:

My understanding from talking to Matan is that, though you'll be able to distribute MBP for free, it is still using the MBG codebase (though heavily modified). Since, as far as I know, there's no way to remove ignition (the product-key system) from Marble Blast, any version that you distribute for free will still require the MBG ignition key, so it would be a great new revision of the game for current fans, but wouldn't work stand-alone.

Even if we want it to be free you still need the code unless we find a way to edit it which she says is imposible. (May Be a bluff; or may be true)

Second:

If we send or they get their hands on by downloading anything from MBP, GG under US patent laws can claim it is thier own work. So if we make it free without permission they can sew us and claim MBP was made by them. And knowing GG makea huge profit by selling it.

Third:
If we do sell it and make alot of $$$ GG has the right to say we didn't make it. Some may say who cares as long as we get the $$$, but I for one would like to be able to put MBP in my portfolio for collage.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Phil
  • Phil's Avatar Topic Author
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 1
13 Jan 2007 14:08 #2
Could we offer an installer (Like an Applescript on a Mac for example) that replaces the MarbleBlast Gold files with our own? (Or makes a copy of MarbleBlast and installs the files).
That way everything that we offer is created (and owned) entirely by us (or at least I hope it is).
Could the developers claim this work as their own?
(BTW RM, Great Blender work )

Phil

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.894 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.