file Multiplayer (MBP or MBG)

• IsraeliRD
  • IsraeliRD's Avatar Topic Author
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
27 Feb 2007 23:11 #1
It shouldn't be too hard to fix it up. ME and Spy can have it done soon. He is a very good C+ programmer. I never could have done this alone. Me and him will do it under CPM's name and depending on the results of this poll decide wheather to give it to the public or make it exclusive to MBP. Don't vote unless you have a good 3-4 sentences to explain why.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
27 Feb 2007 23:37 #2
Quote:Don't vote unless you have a good 3-4 sentences to explain why.

Good contradiction. First you vote and you didn't say why.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

• Thank you received: 0
27 Feb 2007 23:55 #3
I think the public should get it because we have them waiting for everything. This thing is almost done look at the CPM board. It would be cruel to keep it. It can still go into MBP. That is fine, but let's give them this!

28 Feb 2007 00:11 #4
I think it should be for MBP. We don't want to change MBG that much, since it would change the game a bit too much. IMO, keep Multiplayer to another Marble Blast, which is MBP.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
28 Feb 2007 00:16 #5
No Ian it dosn't change that much at all. I can still play marble blast just like usual, but I have a button that says join server on the upper left.

28 Feb 2007 00:18 #6
Yeah, but I really don't think you should add whole new features to MBG. That's going too far, in my opinion. You should put it in MBP since it's like a whole new game.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
28 Feb 2007 01:06 #7
IMO MBP would be best.

1) If you're already adding multiplayer to MBG, then you may as well make of it a new 'game'. As MBG originally not intended to have multiplayer, its addition means that you make an 'expansion pack' to MBG.

2) Since MBP is already a new 'game', then multiplayer for it would be like in MBU -> New levels specifically designed for multiplayer and it's a whole new 'game'. It would look better if multiplayer, an added feature, is in MBP than MBG because MBP is more 'new' than is 'MBG' (basically the same like #1)

3) MBP has permission for GG's president

4) Since I'm working on a 360 Controller mod (maybe Spy47 could help me?), then its addition to MBP will cause more MBU people to go to MBG. Would you rather play in MBG in multiplayer without 360 Controller support or go and play the new game you wished for WITH your 360 controller on a PC and best of all -> game's free!

5) The community can wait for MBP. Addition of multiplayer to MBP (exclusively) will probably, hands down, get everyone wanting MBP. Why? Had it gone for MBG/MBP, then for MBP it's not much of an addition and you can work on it for MBG as well, therefore it's not 'that' exciting (in terms of: not an exciting addition since MBP would just become a 'modified' game). If it's MBP exclusive... well, can you imagine the number of people just wanting to have MBP? It'll make the project even more successful Would you, a developer, rather have more attraction to your new game, or would you just want to see an old version being more attractive than the new one?

6) As said before, if the community can wait for MBP and we tell them there's exclusive multiplayer for it so that they need to wait a bit more to get multiplayer. They can wait for MBP, they can wait for multiplayer

• Thank you received: 15
28 Feb 2007 01:11 #8
First me and Spy are going to get it working... Then we will decide.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
28 Feb 2007 01:15 #9
Remember, when deciding, it's worth taking all the points (like the above) into consideration.

• Thank you received: 2
28 Feb 2007 02:04 #10
I will

• Perishingflames
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Thank you received: 21
28 Feb 2007 16:18 #11
Yeah I agree with everything Ian said because when we release MBP then they have it there, they don't also need it in MBG if it is the exact same thing. It should be special to MBP.

• Thank you received: 18
28 Feb 2007 23:49 #12
It is for MBP

• Rct3fan00
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Thank you received: 8
26 Dec 2008 05:29 #13
i THINK FOR THE PUBLIC BECAUSE I would like to see how Multiplayer would be,and playing the levels which would be cool.Also not only would it be fun,but there should be a feature that you can show off your levels,just click on a link in the game and it will automatically download the file from the .mis and interior from what you have,well I mean like the leaderboards,when you download the .mis files and stuff.

• Thank you received: 15
26 Dec 2008 06:24 #14
1.) You bumped a topic nearly two years old.

2.) You weren't even supposed to post in the board.

Please read the forum rules (click here) and learn it. And fast.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
26 Dec 2008 06:27 #15
And teh locked. Someone give him 5%

• marblefire
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
26 Dec 2008 07:43 #16
Poll locked as well.

• Thank you received: 2
19 Jan 2009 10:15 #17
Unlocked. RM's lies in this thread are actually funny.

• marblefire
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
19 Jan 2009 10:43 #18
His grammar needs some work as well:

Feb 27, 2007, 3:11pm, robotmarble wrote:ME and Spy can have it done soon.

Even if his lies are amusing, is there any point to having people posting here? This seems to be an old, defunct topic whose subject will never be taken into consideration again – a perfect candidate for a permanent lock.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
19 Jan 2009 14:13 #19
Meh. This is fun and funny. Keep it for a bit.

• Thank you received: 18
19 Jan 2009 17:20 #20
It's almost done, look at the CPM board.

Nothing in that board for months, that's why it got rubbish'd.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 1.109 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.