file My Multiplayer Level

• Phil
  • Phil's Avatar Topic Author
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 1
24 Mar 2007 15:33 #1
My Multiplayer Level Will Be Called _____________(Can't Think of a name)

I made a sketchup model of the interier, then brought it into blender and exported it as a .map. I was hoping someone could add textures and export it as a .dif. Here is a file containing The sketchup model, a .kmz file of it and the .map. If the .map dosn't work can someone make a replica of it in QuArK? Thanks.

Here:
Edit by Matan for public access: NO showing our FTP

A Piccy:

Help me think of a name.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Phil
  • Phil's Avatar Topic Author
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
25 Mar 2007 07:49 #2
Lol, Marble Metropolis? Looks like a city

25 Mar 2007 14:23 #3
Can It be done? I mean coverting the .map

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
25 Mar 2007 14:54 #4
Before you ask us to convert, first provide us with everything. Every .map file comes with textures and if these are new textures then we need them.

Edit, I tried to convert and it's missing a file called

Quote:a
(either .jpg or .png)

what the hell is your texture that you called it

Quote:a

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

25 Mar 2007 15:13 #5
I had that too, I think the Blender Exporter gives things the texture a when you don't give it one. And RM, Blender's MAP exporter is like the dts one. It hardly ever works and you need to do special stuff to make it work.

25 Mar 2007 19:12 #6
It works and since I didn't have textures on it I had hoped you would add them for me. Just basic MBP textures. If I need to I will, but then I will need to know the texture names. Can you just make and a.(whatever) and test it? Just to see if it works. LS do you like the sketchup model?

25 Mar 2007 19:19 #7
Another thing: the sketchup model will not work. Your MAP must be made up of individual convex polygons, this is a massive concave model. You have to re-make it in convex peices for it to work.

25 Mar 2007 19:26 #8
You mean make it a component?

25 Mar 2007 19:34 #9
Uh... no. A convex shape is something like a cube, a sphere, a pyramid... this explains it better than I can: www.garagegames.com/blogs/985/10361

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
25 Mar 2007 19:51 #10
I don't think that is right. I have done it then looked at it in a 3d player an dit worked.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

25 Mar 2007 20:15 #11
But it will not convert to dif. MAP will work, but dif won't.

25 Mar 2007 22:50 #12
i still don't believe you

25 Mar 2007 23:01 #13
Why not? This is how QuArK and the dif format works, you can only use convex shapes. Some one with QuArK back me up on this!

• robotmarble
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
25 Mar 2007 23:15 #14
That is CRAP!!! MIne is convex

25 Mar 2007 23:19 #15
No, your mesh is imported from SketchUp. It's one giant concave model.

Something that has been said by the creators of every MAP exporter:

Quote:Blender is NOT a brush editor. Not even close. It was not designed for amything this limited, or this picky. Getting your mesh to work is complicated, and takes a lot of steps to make things work right.

Blender is a modeling/rendering program for detailed models, very opposite from a brush editor. Although a MAP appears to work in Blender, it may be a very different story with any brush-specific program. To prove it, I will convert your MAP.

25 Mar 2007 23:38 #16
Surprise surprise:

Code:ERROR:CSG Brush::selfClip: Talk to David Moore. Must increase planepoint buffer size.

Do you know what that is? It's a failed MAP. Just like I said would happen. Why didn't you believe me? You might know more about coding, but I know more about the MAP and dif formats, and using their programs. It will never work untill you make it in Blender out of convex shapes, and give them textures. You give them textures the same way you do with dts shapes, so you know how to do it. When you fuffil the basic requirements for a dif shape, re-post the MAP.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
26 Mar 2007 00:03 #17
Torque doesn't support concave shapes. Thus it cannot covert MAP files. Also QuArK won't start up the MAP file unless it has all textures present from the start [ie, you need to give them to me and not in a.jpg format) + it's in convex form, as Lonestar said. Unless you can do these 2, don't bother asking from us for a .DIF .

• robotmarble
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
26 Mar 2007 00:10 #18
Ok well can phil make a replica or something.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
26 Mar 2007 00:30 #19
We cannot until we see the WHOLE level.. platform by platform, start/end pads etc... what that there's above is nothing.

26 Mar 2007 00:35 #20
See, I do know what I'm talking about. You should listen to other people when you don't know what you're doing.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 1.230 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.