file New level - Dizzying Heights

• Thank you received: 15
01 May 2007 01:03 #1
I just uploaded my latest level onto the FTP: a mid- to high-advanced level called Dizzying Heights!

In this level, you must climb to the top of this tall tower while avoiding the hazards along the way. There are all sorts of hazards, including fans, ice, nukes, backwards force, tightropes, tilted platforms, and more! Also, try to collect as many of the TMs as you can! Can you find the 30-second TM?

This level is long and challenging, and may be a little frustrating at first, but it is very fun to play, and I enjoyed making it. I highly recommend you download this level NOW!

This level can be found under the Andrew Sears folder as mbp_DizzyingHeights.mis. Have fun and PLEASE LEAVE COMMENTS!!!!!

Par Time: None
Platinum Time: 4:30.00
Ultimate Time: 3:30.00
MY BEST TIME: 4:38.23 (need to work on this level more, lol)

Preview Screenshot:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0
02 May 2007 02:22 #2
Nice. Reminds me A LOT of Hug the Wall.

• Perishingflames
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Thank you received: 21
02 May 2007 03:21 #3
Uncreative, too challenging, too long, and too much like Hug the Wall. I don't think this makes the final release. Sorry.

02 May 2007 03:44 #4
1.) I realize that many of the challenges have been used before, but I feel that they were put together in a new and more creative way. I'm not sure how you can call this level uncreative.

2.) There are a few shortcuts in the level that bypass large sections of the level and can get you a lower time. If you try and find these shortcuts, you may find the level is more fun and shorter than it seems.

3.) How is it like Hug the Wall? The only tightropes in this level are near the end, and none of the challenges there are used in HtW, nor anywhere else in the level. I do realize that both levels involve climbing up towers to get to the finish, however.

Ultimately, I do NOT think that this level belongs in DC. Try playing it some more, PF; maybe you didn't give it enough of a chance.

What do the other staff members think?

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
02 May 2007 05:03 #5
Personally I thought it's great. It started off easily and became harder and harder. However, even the tightropes themselves were easy! This level offers various challenges and shows great creativity. Furthermore, there're several shortcuts that can cut over a whole minute! The level itself is long (like the remainder of the advanced/expert levels) so that it's fine to its position.

In reply to the above: How can it be like Hug the Wall? The only similarity is that both need to climb up a tower but that's the only one. Even the tightropes are DIFFERENT than in Hug the Wall (way easier).
How can it be uncreative? I don't see the point of uncreaitivity! You definitely haven't taken the time to actually play the level. I bet you played it once and that's it.

It definitely should go to the final version and if it were to be Hug the Wall vs Dizzying Heights I'd go with DH because even in MBG there're Hug the Wall style of levels (even though HtW uses different friction forces) but no level yet to do what Andrew just did and therefore Andrew's level is way better. In fun factor DH wins as well and overall it gets better scores than HtW.

Whoever says this level is like Hug the Wall is a fool.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

• technostick
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 32
02 May 2007 09:30 #6
I see that you are rather set in your opinion, but that doesn't mean that I can not offer mine.

I agree with PF that this level is too long and too frustrating. Certain parts of it are creative, whereas other parts are boring. Up to the section where the marble has to go inside the tower, it is a fine level indeed. However, it seems to have lost track of the level of skills to which it is aimed after that point; things become far too difficult. In other words, a player looking for an advanced level would be bored by the first part, whereas one looking for an easy challenge would be frustrated by the latter part.

I would suggest splitting it into two levels, or otherwise simply putting it into Director's Cut.

• Perishingflames
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
18 May 2007 02:53 #7
Misalignment alert! Play the level and at the like 10 second mark, at the top of the little hill, there is a little bump. It is small, but noticeable. It needs to be fixed. If Andrew doesn't want to, I will fix it.

• Thank you received: 0
25 May 2007 13:21 #8
OK well i havent even played this lvl but by looking at the picture it seems it is 10 times better then hug the wall. If any are going in DC i say it should be hug the wall.

• Perishingflames
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
25 May 2007 22:40 #9
Hug the Wall was already added to DC, this was decided to be kept in MBP.

25 May 2007 22:44 #10
Lol, Jase, you really need to check the MBP staff boards more often.

28 May 2007 17:40 #11
OMG! CHECK THIS OUT!!!!

THAT'S RIGHT, I FOUND A NEW PATH ON THIS LEVEL THAT MAKES IT POSSIBLE TO DO IN SUB-1 MINUTE! W0000T GO ME!!

Will reveal the pathway later.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
29 May 2007 01:16 #12
With permission from Andrew Sears, here's MY version of the path Andrew Sears will give his version too... hopefully.

1) Do everything normally until the Jump Boosts where you use the first one to jump+jump boost on the second and jump+jump boost + rebound to the part above you.
2) Go backwards to ice, and aim to the centre of the nuke that has the TM on it.
3) As you fall back down, hit the 10 sec Time Modifier and then rebound on a nuke which sends you all the way to the goal.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.829 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.