file New level: Pool

• Ian
  • Ian's Avatar Topic Author
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 0
27 Jan 2007 02:21 #1
I made a new level! Get it on FTP.

This level is a lot like gym only with a pool theme. It uses the teleport, and is probably advanced level #2.

This level uses pipecap.dif. I beleive Matan also used it in Helecopter Monster Course 2. Phil!

Gold Time and Platinum Time are yet to be set.

Perishingflames, please rate / review this level.

Enjoy!

In other news:

I made a new rock texture for MBP. Get it on platinumshare.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Perishingflames
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Thank you received: 21
27 Jan 2007 02:28 #2
Haha when I first saw this thread, my mouse was over the l so it looked like new level: poo and I was like o...kay...

KK I will rate and review it. If it's as good as Gym, it will definitely get a nice rating.

Okay, I am going to be straight-forward with you.

If this level either gets a check or no check, this doesn't get a check. For one, there is way to many little unknown oob trigger's that aren't clearly marked at all except for a no shortcuts help trigger on one end of the pool. Get rid of the oob triggers except for the one right on the bottom of the pool. Those can stay, but the others ruin the level. If you have various little friction platforms spaced far enough apart so it is a bit challenging, you are good to go.

I also like the diving board idea.

I like the jacuzzi and pool idea, but what are the platforms in the pool supposed to represent?? I also like the teleport things.

Also, if you are going to keep the finish hidden away like that, at least do not have it open to the marble rolling right off the edge. I would put in walls and ceilings.

Once you fix all those things, upload a new copy and I will rate it and give it a real review.

• Ian
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
27 Jan 2007 04:32 #3
1: Hmm... I guess if I'll add time travels on the strait parts of the lap pool and remove the OOBS.

2: They are suppost to be those little foam platforms that float in the water. Dunno if you have ever seen them, but they have them in the kid pool during free-swim at our pool

3: Umm... only a horrible player or somebody who is going way too fast would fall off the edge. Therefore, I'm keeping the last part how it is.

Okay. Will make some changes and upload Pool V2 on platinumshare.

Lol... I wonder what the level Poo would be like...

• Ian
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
27 Jan 2007 05:25 #4
Uploaded. I took out the OOBS, put in some TMs, and added two new bits of scenery. The seconed ones an easter egg. See if you can find it.

• Perishingflames
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Thank you received: 21
27 Jan 2007 05:37 #5
I haven't looked for the easter egg but I still have some comments:

It is without doubt better now but the time travels give away too much time. Make them .5 seconds or .75 (I recommend .5) as 2 seconds is way too much time they are giving. You still need walls and ceilings on the grassy outside and I suggest lifting up that finish a bit by typing in a new number for the z axis...

But, besides that it is good to go.

• Ian
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
27 Jan 2007 05:57 #6
I like it because you used the teleport

• Ian
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
27 Jan 2007 06:06 #7
Lol. I'm not going to put cielings and walls near the finish cuz it's suppost to be OUTSIDE!!!!

...lol?

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.887 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.